Ally McCoist - all chat in here

Adoniram

706 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ally the man for the job?

You counting the European eliminations against comparative minnows and a blown lead atop the spl?

Rangers knocked out of Europe by minnows? Never happened before McCoist that. I mean Victoria Zizkow are a giant of European football, and there's been many a night I've sat watching youtube videos of great Levski Sofia sides of years gone by. Kaunas too. How they never went on to lift the trophy that year I'll never know.

EDIT: I got Anorthosis Famagusta and Levski Sofia mixed up.

Yes. The only priority. EVERYTHING else comes a distant second to getting back to the top.

No Rangers manager should lose to (or draw with) Berwick Rangers while in the top flight. No Rangers manager should lose to Anorthosis Famagusta or Victoria Zizkow. The football was shite under Smith (both times), McLeish, PLG, even Advocaat at times.

Do you think the damage done to our reputation by the football on display is greater than the damge done to it by the clusterfuck of a boardroom we've had for the last decade?

Yes. The only priority. EVERYTHING else comes a distant second to getting back to the top.

No Rangers manager should lose to (or draw with) Berwick Rangers while in the top flight. No Rangers manager should lose to Anorthosis Famagusta or Victoria Zizkow. The football was shite under Smith (both times), McLeish, PLG, even Advocaat at times.

Do you think the damage done to our reputation by the football on display is greater than the damge done to it by the clusterfuck of a boardroom we've had for the last decade?

Yes I do.

We have made it as far as the Championship DESPITE McCoist not because of him!

He has not got the ability to flick a switch if we do make it back to the prem next season.

What do you suggest then?? You,surely,don't believe this squad(with a few additions..........probably ex-players who are nearing the end of their careers) are good enough to deal with the majority of the teams we will then face(and bear in mind that they are all shite as well(it's just that we're shittier!)

Rangers knocked out of Europe by minnows? Never happened before McCoist that. I mean Victoria Zizkow are a giant of European football, and there's been many a night I've sat watching youtube videos of great Anorthosis Famagusta sides of years gone by. Kaunas too. How they never went on to lift the trophy that year I'll never know.

Wen did Famagusta beat us? I know we knocked them out twice.

Hmm where's BP9

Hillwalking ( for charity) - it's a friendly - but I see the surrender monkeys are out in force as we have already lost 2 cups and the league before end August!

No one in the Ally oot brigade seems to be mentioning Allys trait of doing the only thing that really counts - delivering winning teams in the league!

Yes I do.

We have made it as far as the Championship DESPITE McCoist not because of him!

He has not got the ability to flick a switch if we do make it back to the prem next season.

What do you suggest then?? You,surely,don't believe this squad(with a few additions..........probably ex-players who are nearing the end of their careers) are good enough to deal with the majority of the teams we will then face(and bear in mind that they are all shite as well(it's just that we're shittier!)

I've said it on here plenty times before, there'll be a sizeable overhaul of the playing squad next summer. Many of the current squad will be out of contract in 12 months and will be moved on.

I couldn't give a monkeys about good football if it's successful. I didn't on the way to Manchester. I didn't when we were winning 9. I did';t the season of Helicopter Sunday. I certainly don't now.

I couldn't give a monkeys about good football if it's successful. I didn't on the way to Manchester. I didn't when we were winning 9. I did';t the season of Helicopter Sunday. I certainly don't now.

Fine. But plenty of others think differently so go figure.

If it was all about results there would be no point in going to a game. We'd just wait for the result on SN Sports with Jeff Stelling. So stop insulting peoples intelligence and repeating soundbites from famous managers of the past

Rangers knocked out of Europe by minnows? Never happened before McCoist that. I mean Victoria Zizkow are a giant of European football, and there's been many a night I've sat watching youtube videos of great Anorthosis Famagusta sides of years gone by. Kaunas too. How they never went on to lift the trophy that year I'll never know.

FFS,look at the bigger picture,man.

You know what I'm saying............the time under A McC has,in the main,been non-beneficial to the progression and growth of our team(and before you blurt out he's won 2 leagues,any fucker on here could have won them!).

We are stagnant and if it wasn't for the loyalty of our majestic support McCoist's team would be playing in front of 8-10K fans.

Then,maybe,the money men would swing the axe!

I've said it on here plenty times before, there'll be a sizeable overhaul of the playing squad next summer. Many of the current squad will be out of contract in 12 months and will be moved on.

Terrible attitude.

No wonder we are as shit as we are.

and how are we going to fund this overhaul? mccoist shat himself against the dregs of scottish football and spent 7mill a year in first team wages to win they leagues

mccoist will need a first team squad miles better than the one he took over when smith chucked it, and we have nowhere near the cash for that anytime soon

Fine. But plenty of others think differently so go figure.

If it was all about results there would be no point in going to a game. We'd just wait for the result on SN Sports with Jeff Stelling. So stop insulting peoples intelligence and repeating soundbites from famous managers of the past

It is all about results. No matter how much you might not like that it is. You don't win trophies for pretty football but for winning games.

Just a hunch here, but these famous managers who's cliches I'm insulting your intelligence with...ever wondered how they became famous managers?

Hillwalking ( for charity) - it's a friendly - but I see the surrender monkeys are out in force as we have already lost 2 cups and the league before end August!

No one in the Ally oot brigade seems to be mentioning Allys trait of doing the only thing that really counts - delivering winning teams in the league!

Titles that any of us could have won..........are you for real???

and how are we going to fund this overhaul? mccoist shat himself against the dregs of scottish football and spent 7mill a year in first team wages to win they leagues

mccoist will need a first team squad miles better than the one he took over when smith chucked it, and we have nowhere near the cash for that anytime soon

The same way we fund a new manager, coaching staff, paying off the existing manager and coaching staff, allowing the new manager to bring in his players (unless we expect him to come in and be allowed to make no signings) and the money free'd up by moving on the players already mentioned as being out of contract. Other than that...who knows?