Ally McCoist - all chat in here

Adoniram

706 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ally the man for the job?

Then why haven't the board done something to change it?

I would imagine because the board think they have enough trouble with "fans" just now, however the new group set up can have a more "ballanced" and "proportional" vote on how Rangers men do feel about Mr McCoist staying as manager and I am almost certain it will not be extend his contract.

if we lose on tuesday and sunday then he needs go. or at least be warned to get his shit together. if we lose on tuesday that's out a cup competition again. i don't mind giving him another shot at the league but if we aren't in a good position by christmas time i'd get him replaced straight away or at least tell him he won't be around anymore after the season. that way we can still have a manager and have plenty of time to find someone new. why on earth should we wait until we lose promotion before doing anything. do people really not have a problem with us losing this season and having to start it all over again???

i respect the guy as a player but he's a terrible manager.

I said finances not how much the team cost, quality of player, wages, money in compared to what Rangers have made out of winning div one compared to the money Derby would have got being at the top end of the English championship.

My point was it is easy for people to point at the gulf in finances that Rangers have over most of their counterparts, but it seems to me the same logic is missing because it doesn't suit the threads. Just my opinion of course

People are not fed up with the manager because of one pre season defeat.

I would imagine because the board think they have enough trouble with "fans" just now, however the new group set up can have a more "ballanced" and "proportional" vote on how Rangers men do feel about Mr McCoist staying as manager and I am almost certain it will not be extend his contract.

So they are happy to keep McCoist in place to placate fans despite the claims on here that McCoist is the reason thousands chose not to renew their season tickets...

People are not fed up with the manager because of one pre season defeat.

Think most expected the same as last year, not sure what little magic wand we thought was being waved during the summer holidays.

Still as long as we trudge through games showing no flair and ambition and scrape three points it will all be fine I am sure....

if we lose on tuesday and sunday then he needs go. or at least be warned to get his shit together. if we lose on tuesday that's out a cup competition again. i don't mind giving him another shot at the league but if we aren't in a good position by christmas time i'd get him replaced straight away or at least tell him he won't be around anymore after the season. that way we can still have a manager and have plenty of time to find someone new. why on earth should we wait until we lose promotion before doing anything. do people really not have a problem with us losing this season and having to start it all over again???

i respect the guy as a player but he's a terrible manager.

Totally agreed

How about we actually do something then? If the board isn't gonna do anything then we'll do something. Go to games and let our feelings be made clear. At the 9th minute we should all stand up and just keep silent for a minute. let him hear what ibrox will sound like if he keeps this shit up.

we have the power to get shit done. it's our club. not the men in suits. the only people bigger than the club are the fans. so if everyone wants ally out then we should all go to ibrox and do something about it instead of sitting about complaining behind our computers and smartphones.

So they are happy to keep McCoist in place to placate fans despite the claims on here that McCoist is the reason thousands chose not to renew their season tickets...

You're quotes and selective thinking are becoming more irrational every time. I am not saying the board are happy at all, I am not on the board. I said "I would imagine", that's a wee bitty of guess work with no real foundation in evidence.

The fact the football is rank is evident to anyone who watches the turgid sh1t being produced, the fact you want to have a wee counter arguement against anyone not pro Ally is not going to change the fact the football on display is woeful and the tactics come from some strange play book nobody in their right mind would read.

I don't think he's a good football manager but it would be ludicrous to sack him based on a defeat to a better team than us in a friendly. We'll see how he does against Hearts, Hibs etc.

I would have binned him the end of last season to be fair, said as much. Not changing that thought.