Ally McCoist - all chat in here

Adoniram

706 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ally the man for the job?

He Should never have been our Manager.

I agree. Blame Walter for that one.

True, Charlie Green was going to sack him after McCoist's outburst when we lost to Forfar in the League Cup, then Walter walked out on the Board knowing CG wouldn't sack him as fans would have been "outraged" by losing 2 legends in the same week.

Result :- we are where we are due to "Rangers Men".

How about we actually do something then? If the board isn't gonna do anything then we'll do something. Go to games and let our feelings be made clear. At the 9th minute we should all stand up and just keep silent for a minute. i'd say boo but i don't think that's a good idea. create banners to fly during the match.

we have the power to get shit done. it's our club. not the men in suits. the only people bigger than the club are the fans. so if everyone wants ally out then we should all go to ibrox and do something about it instead of sitting about complaining behind our computers and smartphones.

I never like to see it but a protest outside Ibrox calling for Ally to go would likely see Ally resign as he would see it as the right thing to do. I think just now he is in his own world and thinks he's doing well.

Think most expected the same as last year, not sure what little magic wand we thought was being waved during the summer holidays.

Still as long as we trudge through games showing no flair and ambition and scrape three points it will all be fine I am sure....

What I expected was for a rookie manager to have enough humility to admit and learn from his mistakes, which he inevitably will make. That is the biggest let down for me. His constant pretence that he is baffled by the criticism of his tactics, selections and signings pisses me right off.

From the Telegraph site after their playoffs.

"Derby’s team cost only £2.2 million, including three frees, those two loans and two Academy graduates "

From the Telegraph site after their playoffs.

"Derby’s team cost only £2.2 million, including three frees, those two loans and two Academy graduates "

So they've spent quite a bit more than us then!

I never like to see it but a protest outside Ibrox calling for Ally to go would likely see Ally resign as he would see it as the right thing to do. I think just now he is in his own world and thinks he's doing well.

same. i respect him as a player and he's a club legend. but he's just not the right person to be our manager. we need to make our feelings clear to him. if he truly cares for the club he'll leave.

I've been under the impression for a while that Ally has simply been told to get Rangers back to the top division, and that nothing else matters.

I also think that he will step down after our first year back in the top league. I don't think he has any passion to be a manager.

You're quotes and selective thinking are becoming more irrational every time. I am not saying the board are happy at all, I am not on the board. I said "I would imagine", that's a wee bitty of guess work with no real foundation in evidence.

The fact the football is rank is evident to anyone who watches the turgid sh1t being produced, the fact you want to have a wee counter arguement against anyone not pro Ally is not going to change the fact the football on display is woeful and the tactics come from some strange play book nobody in their right mind would read.

The football has been absolutely rank rotten for a far longer period than that which McCoist has been manager. I don't deny that the football's awful to watch but in a results driven business, producing results by whatever means is viewed as success. The ONLY priority for us is to get back to the top flight in the shortest time possible. If we do that by playing open, attacking football then brilliant. If we get there playing scrappy, turgid shite then we've still achieved exactly the same.

Ally is not a manager, a legend yes as a player, our top ever goal scorer yes, a hall of famer yes, 15 great years of service scoring 355 goals, but an absolute cunt of a manager, we're losing patience with you and fast, i'm not bashing you at all i love you and always will but for the sake of our club,future and fans sanity please do the right thing and step down.

I've been under the impression for a while that Ally has simply been told to get Rangers back to the top division, and that nothing else matters.

I also think that he will step down after our first year back in the top league. I don't think he has any passion to be a manager.

I've been under that impression from the very start. Everything is secondary to progression through the leagues.

I think it all could change in a few weeks if we don't get results against HIbs, Hearts & Falkirk.

Wallace has been at big clubs before and definitely wont be fooled by our charlatan of a manager. I think he's more scared of the backlash from Allys supporters at the moment.

How long does he have left on his contract? How much would it cost to sack him? Do we have the money to do it?

These threads are beyond tedious and the way so called fans talk about him is nothing short of embarrassing.

They can become tedious but they are the opinion of RM members and they should be allowed to share their opinion without people moaning their face off. If you don't like it, don't read it - the title makes the subject matter obvious!

FFS here we go again. It was a pre-season. We've not been fckd out of the Scottish Cup. Yes the football is poor but I feel that Ally deserves a chance in the championship.

As others have said people should hang fire until we are playing meaningful games.

They can become tedious but they are the opinion of RM members and they should be allowed to share their opinion without people moaning their face off. If you don't like it, don't read it - the title makes the subject matter obvious!

I'd hardly be doing my job as mod if I ignored threads I didn't fancy the look of.

The bit about sharing their opinion without folk moaning their faces off is a bit daft, when the threads are moaning from op to finish.

I wonder how Ally will react when he finally realizes, that the fans he speaks so highly of week in, week out, really do not want him as the manager of our prestigious club.

Mr McCoist.... you're a great footballer, great TV pundit, but a manager? Not so much.

FFS here we go again. It was a pre-season. We've not been fckd out of the Scottish Cup. Yes the football is poor but I feel that Ally deserves a chance in the championship.

As others have said people should hang fire until we are playing meaningful games.

Why wait? I don't want to see him fail in any more meaningful games.

Will you give credit if we win against Hearts and Hibs Jamie or just moan as usual? Do you want us to win?

By the way Ally isn't on the forum so no point talking to him.

My post focuses on the performance and tactics not changing ever. Of course ill be happy if we win but it will merely paper over the cracks. Can you not see the bigger picture? You want Ally to be in charge?

I'd hardly be doing my job as mod if I ignored threads I didn't fancy the look of.

The bit about sharing their opinion without folk moaning their faces off is a bit daft, when the threads are moaning from op to finish.

It ain't daft - people are moaning about people having an opinion. Some call for admin, as if it is their right to request the thread be deleted.

Not sure your job is to bemoan members opinion, however.