Ally McCoist - all chat in here

Adoniram

706 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ally the man for the job?

They are, but that's not to say that the football was always wonderful. McLeish and Smith were far worse. Very few demanded their head for playing unertertaining football.

because they won leagues, cups (sometimes both at the same time, i know daft isnt it) and made us a few bob in europe

you think its just the ramsdens cup :lol:

how many big games has ally won, as in important games

beat the tarriers twice, motherwell in the cup once, and thats it, he has cunted up 8 domestic cups in 3 years, considering the tarriers have only won 1 of they domestic cups in that time (2 they dont even play in) shows just how bad a fucking record mccoist has

you may think this is just a friendly, but its the same mistakes over and over and over again, mcculloch centre half!!!!!!

we've played what? 6 pre season friendlies is it, games where you get your team match fit, in a system that you wish to use this season, and work on ironing out the kinks in your play

we have done none of that this pre season, we might as well not fucking had one going by the looks of the players today who looked like they didnt have a fucking clue what the fuck was going on

He's also achieved what's been asked of him (consecutive promotions).

'Course we could. Whether they would be willing to come to us at this moment in time is up for debate. I'm not for a second claiming McCoist is the best manager in the world. Far from it. But the names I've seen mentioned (Typically McCall, McInnes and McLeish) are no better, particularly when the cost of implementing such change is taken into account also.

mccinnes no better? he's managed to win a domestic cup in his first season in charge, ally hasnt in 3

mccinnes no better? he's managed to win a domestic cup in his first season in charge, ally hasnt in 3

And has won just over half his games in charge as Aberdeen boss. Tommy Wright won the Scottish Cup what about him?

Also needed penalties to get by the might of part time Alloa. McInnes oot!

He's also achieved what's been asked of him (consecutive promotions).

so why did he want all they SPL players then if all he was asked was two successive promotions in part time leagues

how can Allan Johnston win the 3rd tier of scottish football and the ransdens cup by spending 10% of what ally felt was needed

why did we supposedly build a team to compete in the cups, yet dismiss them when ally doesnt win them

so why did he want all they SPL players then if all he was asked was two successive promotions in part time leagues

how can Allan Johnston win the 3rd tier of scottish football and the ransdens cup by spending 10% of what ally felt was needed

why did we supposedly build a team to compete in the cups, yet dismiss them when ally doesnt win them

Not getting promoted wouldn't have destroyed Allan Johnston's club.

Did McCoist overspend? Absolutely.

But the cost of the players he signed was worth it as an insurance policy against not getting promoted.

They are, but that's not to say that the football was always wonderful. McLeish and Smith were far worse. Very few demanded their head for playing unertertaining football.

And that is fair enough but Advocaat in particular gave us 10 times more great results than bad. Some of the results Ally's team have given us are nothing short of shameful and are unquestionably unforgivable: and that is the crux of the matter Dude, the man himself (and his cheerleaders) seem unwilling, to the point of being obtuse, to acknowledge and accept these facts.

People are not happy with him and for the majority its not the hysterics or the bile/hatred that it is portrayed as.

Its bad enough that the man who was my hero growing up, who I named my youngest son after in March 2012, is in denial about his blatant shortcomings as a manager, but I have to come on here and be told my grievance is rooted in hatred. Im not the only one who's had this thrown at me.

That alone is enough to rile people up.

But the cost of the players he signed was worth it as an insurance policy against not getting promoted.

it would actually have damaged QotS big time, they stayed full time in the 3rd tier in hope that it would guarantee promotion

and that doesnt account for how johnston only spent 700k for his first team and managed to win more than ally did for 7mill

i challenge any of ally's supporters to debate this case

What traits has ally shown since the summer of 2011, that makes you think he should stay?

nevermind the money to bin ally and co, money isnt an issue for this debate

has he shown anything managerial related that gives us something to believe in, work with, support

For most people its not the cost, I have no problem with the money spent its what and who he spent it on that bothers me.

That doesn't go for this summer though, as I am more than willing to give the new signings a chance to prove they are worth the money.

McLeish. Who somehow managed to finish 3rd in two horse race?

To throw the 'Ally-lovers' logic back in your face, what about the couple of titles & other cups McLeish won?

But I'm sure you rate Ally's titles on a par with those, don't you?

By the way, McLeish won some cups too - no comparison there, of course.

And that is fair enough but Advocaat in particular gave us 10 times more great results than bad. Some of the results Ally's team have given us are nothing short of shameful and are unquestionably unforgivable: and that is the crux of the matter Dude, the man himself (and his cheerleaders) seem unwilling, to the point of being obtuse, to acknowledge and accept these facts.

People are not happy with him and for the majority its not the hysterics or the bile/hatred that it is portrayed as.

Its bad enough that the man who was my hero growing up, who I named my youngest son after in March 2012, is in denial about his blatant shortcomings as a manager, but I have to come on here and be told my grievance is rooted in hatred. Im not the only one who's had this thrown at me.

That alone is enough to rile people up.

As I said earlier ITT some results served up by other managers fall into the same category too. Berwick in the early 2000s, Some of Smiths Euro fuck ups, Zizkow, Not beating Celtic in 7 attempts, Being humiliated by Hearts and Hibs at Ibrox thanks to opposition hat-tricks. That's the nature of football. We have no god given right to win every game, regardless of what many think.

I agree with you on the bile/hysteria bit. For many it's not, for some it is imo although it's much the same as the 'blind loyalty' stuff aimed at those who back McCoist. For many it's not blind loyalty. My loyalty is to the club before any player, manager or investor.

For all these 'blatant shortcomings' why haven't our board taken any action? Why is McCoist still in post? He's to blame for 'the majority who haven't renewed' according to posters on here. He's 'damaging our reputation', 'bleeding us dry'. Why can't a Chief Exec with a CV like Wallace see these 'blatant shortcomings'?

come on you ally haters- who is your alternative?

Realistic names only.

No names, then shut the feck up

Who to replace him? Absolutely fucking anyone. The guy defines incompetent. Bring in any hungry young coach , foreign or british it really makes no matter, with a modern approach to tactics and preferably looks to play with a modern, fluent and attacking style. I'm not buying for one second we can't find someone like that. That's not asking for Mourinho or Simeone to come in. That's asking for someone, even if we need to give someone an opportunity, that ticks the boxes that we need ticked to bring this club into the 21st fucking century.

it's not a case of us having to give a shortlist of managers. it's going to take more than one man to turn this club around. we are an absolute fucking dinosaur of a club, stuck in our ways for way to long.

a good start would be , as I said above, to appoint an ambitious and young coach with a bit of a vision and half a fucking grasp of the modern game. Ally McCoist has absolutely no grasp of modern football. We're not asking for a white knight, a Van Gaal, a Mourinho or anything like that.

Allow me to ask you and @The Dude@ , just what do you want for rangers ? Because the utter lack of ambition amongst ally's supporters is so sad to see. we should be aiming a lot higher than where we are heading with Ally and his regime. We should be aiming even higher than where we were with Walter, and why the fuck can't we achieve that?

We were given a golden opportunity to rebuild our club, modernise it and make suitable to compete in modern European football - and we've let it pass us by for a whole host of reasons. We don't need the sponsor money or the wealth the English clubs get to make the champions league every season , we (and this applies to Celtic to a lesser extent as well) just need to stop being stuck in our ways and drag our fucking arses out of the 1980's. That starts by showing a bit of vision, ambition and a progressive attitude by getting shot of this completely incompetent managerial team.

To throw the 'Ally-lovers' logic back in your face, what about the couple of titles & other cups McLeish won?

But I'm sure you rate Ally's titles on a par with those, don't you?

By the way, McLeish won some cups too - no comparison there, of course.

No I don't. McCoists record in the cups has been shocking. McLeish won cups with "one of the biggest budgets in the country. It's the least he should be doing" Or aren't we allowed to use that line for other managers?

I feel sorry for Eck, that Hearts team were really good :lol:

They probably would have won the league if they didn't chuck Burley.

finishing third was no surprise once PLG was named as eck's successor, remember how we fucked 10iar when smith said he was leaving, it does play on players minds

what gets on my tits is the so called "10 games without a win" record, yes it was a club record that we didnt want, however it included 3 draws in the CL group stage that in the end resulted in us having the last 16 shot

it's not a case of us having to give a shortlist of managers. it's going to take more than one man to turn this club around. we are an absolute fucking dinosaur of a club, stuck in our ways for way to long.

a good start would be , as I said above, to appoint an ambitious and young coach with a bit of a vision and half a fucking grasp of the modern game. Ally McCoist has absolutely no grasp of modern football. We're not asking for a white knight, a Van Gaal, a Mourinho or anything like that.

Allow me to ask you and @The Dude@ , just what do you want for rangers ? Because the utter lack of ambition amongst ally's supporters is so sad to see. we should be aiming a lot higher than where we are heading with Ally and his regime. We should be aiming even higher than where we were with Walter, and why the fuck can't we achieve that?

We were given a golden opportunity to rebuild our club, modernise it and make suitable to compete in modern European football - and we've let it pass us by for a whole host of reasons. We don't need the sponsor money or the wealth the English clubs get to make the champions league every season , we (and this applies to Celtic to a lesser extent as well) just need to stop being stuck in our ways and drag our fucking arses out of the 1980's. That starts by showing a bit of vision, ambition and a progressive attitude by getting shot of this completely incompetent managerial team.

Rangers winning trophies. That's all I want to see. That should be all any Rangers fan wants to see. Their team being successful.