Would you support a protest against the manager

KingKirk

I think a witch hunt or waiting at the doors after a game lacks class but I've no problem with chants, banners or similar ... fans have an influence over a club, as long as we exert that influence reasonably I don't think there's any problem with voicing our concerns

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ally doesn't deserve this n that that's all well n good but its time he is removed.. The board won't touch him.

Walking out on the manager at this stage of the season imo the board couldn't give a fuck as they already have our ST money.

So a small protest doesn't hurt the club financially n at least gives the board a decision to make

We need to separate Ally the football legend from Ally the appalling football manager. The Club is more important than any person no matter what legendary status they have/had. Ally has been extremely well and overpaid to manage the Rangers. He has had three seasons in charge and all have been very poor. In the last two years we should have seen some improvement and there has been none, in fact we have regressed. Ally will not apparently leave of his own volition due in the main to his ridiculous salary. Not for one moment do I believe that his current wage reduction is not simply a deferral as was a previous wage cut which he insisted was paid back after the IPO. There are two things stopping Ally leaving, money and his misguided belief that he is good at the job.

If we don't protest in some form how do we expect to get change?

We need to separate Ally the football legend from Ally the appalling football manager. The Club is more important than any person no matter what legendary status they have/had. Ally has been extremely well and overpaid to manage the Rangers. He has had three seasons in charge and all have been very poor. In the last two years we should have seen some improvement and there has been none, in fact we have regressed. Ally will not apparently leave of his own volition due in the main to his ridiculous salary. Not for one moment do I believe that his current wage reduction is not simply a deferral as was a previous wage cut which he insisted was paid back after the IPO. There are two things stopping Ally leaving, money and his misguided belief that he is good at the job.

If we don't protest in some form how do we expect to get change?

This. (tu)

So 95% of us think he is a rubbish manager, but protest is not the Rangers way, so Ally thinks all the fans are behind him and maybe even the board are under the total misconception that the fans all love Ally (he is strangling the life out of my/our club) surely the board members sitting through the predictable 90 turgid minutes of "football" cant be blind or stupid, grow a set ffs and put us out of our misery.

Absolutely NOT

Dont you think that the divisions in our support have caused enough damage already? Personally I think Ally will 'move upstairs' at the end of this season - once he has got us promotion.

Just think how strong Rangers would be if we all stood together instead of 'protests this and protests that'

Loyalty demands being behind the club through thick and thin - even if it is frustrating at times............

Anyone remember 'AYE LOYAL'?

NO TO ANY MORE 'PROTESTS'

This.

The fans are voting with their feet now, I expect many more attendances like last night during the course of the season if the product on the park does not improve!!

I remember attending Rangers vs Dunfemrline fifth round of scottish cup last season. Even lower attendance than last night. Was that a protest too? Nobody mentioned it at the time. Strange that.

Maybe some don't want to pay 21 quid upwards to watch the first round of a televised minor cup game on a Tuesday night.

Shite value for money IMO. I opted to purchase a ticket for the Hearts game for just a pound more and going by the fact it looks like being a sell-out many others did too.

By your reasoning the Sunday sell-out means everything is rosy.

Ally will not be sacked until the results are bad in the league IMO, if they turn bad and the board show no sign of taking action then our feelings can be e-mailed or phoned.

I would be very reluctant to protest at games but contacting the club is a different matter if required.

No. He doesn't deserve that after all he's been through. Like any other manager Ally's job is performance related. Not many managers lose their jobs before failure or a bad run. He faces his biggest challenge yet and come Xmas, if we're not sat top of the league then the board will have to act. It's critical that we're back in the top flight next season and even if Ally does succeed no doubt the oot brigade will still want rid. Over reaction yet again after last night. Like any other wee team that comes to Ibrox in a cup game they were right up for it and while we were far from convincing we won the game and that is the aim after all.

If there is not a vast improvement in the footballing standards,we will struggle to win this league.There is too much at stake for the club to fail.I believe a move will be made should we significantly fall behind around Christmas.Rangers fans in the past never protested vocally against the manager,and I trust we still have a measure of class,and never will.However,the board is responsible for the product on the park,and if they continue to turn a blind eye to the dire unimaginative football being served up,then I would not criticize anyone for staying away.

I simply didn't renew my ST and gave Ally's shite football as the reason why. I wont be back at Ibrox until he's gone. As soon as he does go I'll take the 5 minute drive down to Ibrox and pick up another ST. (tu)

CERTAINLY NOT

The man has worked in impossible circumstances and pulled our dead ashes out and back up and I think he has done so which so much dignity and class, it makes me fu***** sick, last season we dont lose a f***** game and here we are already protesting against the manager get a f****** clue.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BETTER TOGETHER :7325: :superally:

P.S If you dont like our manager and from the **** I heard at the game yesterday the team, then pop along to Parkhead I hear they have a great team and new manager... they are in the Champions League........ oh......wait... :party:

No. He doesn't deserve that after all he's been through. Like any other manager Ally's job is performance related. Not many managers lose their jobs before failure or a bad run. He faces his biggest challenge yet and come Xmas, if we're not sat top of the league then the board will have to act. It's critical that we're back in the top flight next season and even if Ally does succeed no doubt the oot brigade will still want rid. Over reaction yet again after last night. Like any other wee team that comes to Ibrox in a cup game they were right up for it and while we were far from convincing we won the game and that is the aim after all.

This is not simply about last night.. He clearly hasn't a clue. As for not deserving the sack "after all he's been through", have we not all been through the same period? The difference is we have been paying while suffering. Ally has been receiving over £2m. With Ally as manager we are still suffering.

CERTAINLY NOT

The man has worked in impossible circumstances and pulled our dead ashes out and back up and I think he has done so which so much dignity and class, it makes me fu***** sick, last season we dont lose a f***** game and here we are already protesting against the manager get a f****** clue.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BETTER TOGETHER :7325: :superally:

P.S If you dont like our manager and from the **** I heard at the game yesterday the team, then pop along to Parkhead I hear they have a great team and new manager... they are in the Champions League........ oh......wait... :party:

More proof that women and football don't go together.

Holding up wee daft bits of paper and shouting sack the board is a protest.

A dead Ibrox most weeks tells the board exactly how we feel without degrading ourselves to tarrier level.

Might also lead to a dead Rangers, but it's worth the risk, right?

It would be just as bad, and just as damaging, as those not renewing in protest against the Board.

With two sets of fans not going to Ibrox for different reasons, we're fucked.

No from me, when the time comes Ally wont get binned he will walk, calling for a man to be sacked is Timmy behaviour, we need to support all our playing staff and not pilling u necessary pressure on the management or the players. It not pretty to watch but he is doing what he is paid to do, get us into the SPL first shot.