Cammys kicking

Bestie

I really think that Cammy needs to work on his kicking off the deck

I noticed that Virtually every clearance he gave possession straight to the opposition more often than not in the middle of the pitch putting us on the defence straight away

I really think that Cammy needs to work on his kicking off the deck

I noticed that Virtually every clearance he gave possession straight to the opposition more often than not in the middle of the pitch putting us on the defence straight away

He's only really got Boyd to aim at as his midfield are just 20 yards in front of him when he gets a ball played back to him.

Not making excuses for poor kicking, but when he was at Kilmarnock they played the ball out from the back. If you watch him, you'll see that he nearly always looks for someone to give the ball to, but there's hardly ever anyone available as it's clear that the instructions from McCoist and co are to get the ball up the pitch. Last night, the high balls went up to Boyd, who can't jump or head the ball.

Not making excuses for poor kicking, but when he was at Kilmarnock they played the ball out from the back. If you watch him, you'll see that he nearly always looks for someone to give the ball to, but there's hardly ever anyone available as it's clear that the instructions from McCoist and co are to get the ball up the pitch. Last night, the high balls went up to Boyd, who can't jump or head the ball.

It's not so much the fact he's kicking it as it's usually from a back pass or a through ball it's the distance and direction

Got to say that I find most goalkeepers' kicking to be nothing short of disgraceful. I remember Bandy at the sheep almost falling on his arse every time he was called upon to kick the ball. I think it is just a 'goalie' thing tbh.

Got to say that I find most goalkeepers' kicking to be nothing short of disgraceful. I remember Bandy at the sheep almost falling on his arse every time he was called upon to kick the ball. I think it is just a 'goalie' thing tbh.

There keeper last night got excellent distance and decent accuracy in comparison at least possession was lost in the final third

It onlly takes one kick to come back and you could be a goal worse off

forget his kicking, his lack of vocals and imposing himself on the pitch is more worrying. Countless times in the second half he stood gesturing at the defence for letting Hivs players through but he doesn't command his box and looked less than confident when we were under pressure. Better players would have had a few goals out of the chances Hivs had.

The defence needs sorted but Bell needs to play his part in tightening up the back and taking charge.

Alexander is a better Goalie than him.

I think Bell is a decent shot stopper/blocker but he rarely ventures from his line and goes to ground too quick for my liking.

His kicking is poor range wise and direction fortunately he plays it out to feet most of the time

having said that I think Alexander would only get worse with time, it will be interesting which ex Rangers keeper plays this weekend

We should have brought someone in to push Cammy as he gets his place too easy with little chance if being dropped

Simonsen is here for a jolly and dare say he'd be more than happy to take his money for sitting in the bench

I think Bell is a decent shot stopper/blocker but he rarely ventures from his line and goes to ground too quick for my liking.

His kicking is poor range wise and direction fortunately he plays it out to feet most of the time

having said that I think Alexander would only get worse with time, it will be interesting which ex Rangers keeper plays this weekend

We should have brought someone in to push Cammy as he gets his place too easy with little chance if being dropped

Simonsen is here for a jolly and dare say he'd be more than happy to take his money for sitting in the bench

just like McCulloch there is no chance of him being dropped.His backup doesnt fill you with confidence anyway.

He's only really got Boyd to aim at as his midfield are just 20 yards in front of him when he gets a ball played back to him.

Ally's been working with Boyd a long time, Boyd wont win many headers for knock-ons to Miller, so the punting to him needs to stop. It still didn't stop it on Tuesday. I lost count of the times Boyd lost a header with the Hibs defender. Infact, Miller won more!

We should be playing it short 9 times out of 10. Don't know if it was an Ally tactic or not but as soon as we had a goal kick or Bell had it in his hands the whole team turned there back on the ball and ran up the pitch. It was only after they scored that one of the CBS started running back for it which is incidentally when we started playing a bit better. IMO the long ball from the keeper should only be played if he sees someone breaking at pace towards an out of shape defence.

most keepers have poor distribution. partly down to being chased down as players know this and the keeper ends up panicking and just hoofs it anywhere. if we are being super critical of them we should also be looking at the outfield players. they know what the keeper is trying to do with the kick and the area he going to aim for but very few seem to be in the drop zone to pick it up. and we are again looking to defend. I am not trying to defend the keepers just that they are employed as shot stoppers first and foremost and master tacticians they are not.

as for the commanding the area comments. back in the day keepers would go through anyone inside the 6yd box and be yelling for the full game at the back four. think the last keeper I seen to dominate like that was schmeichel don't know why it has hanged but its something keepers need to be doing as it gives confidence to the defence and at corners he should be screaming what he wants from every player in the box not just pointing at folk.

Boyd scored a good few headed goals last season mate.

This suggests a fundamental to me that our midfield is not pushing forward quickly enough forcing the opposition to push back and defend, leaving the wide spaces for our defenders to receive the ball wide when our goalkeeper has possesion.

Suggests that Ally is still holding the midfield in a line rather than using the flair midfielders to exploit the forward space, and shows why Black and Law are constantly drifting back towards the defence to get posession.

Shame when we have such a natural attacking full back in Wallace, albeit no one of similar ability on other side.

We really need another good solid central defender (or two, I'm hoping Zaliukas can do this) to give the midfield and full backs confidence to receive the ball and go forward.

Surprisingly another solid holding midfielder alongside Black would also allow players like Wallace, McLeod.Law to push forward more often. But who do we have for that extra holding position Peralta is inconsistent and Hutton lacks experience.

Wasn't sure that Bell could read the game in that respect until recently, but it is more the lack of decent outlets rather than his ability to utilise them that is the problem.

Fuck me. I'm starting to sound like a proper football coach, Ally and Durrant out, and Me and A.N.Other RM media poster in ?

This suggests a fundamental to me that our midfield is not pushing forward quickly enough forcing the opposition to push back and defend, leaving the wide spaces for our defenders to receive the ball wide when our goalkeeper has possesion.

Suggests that Ally is still holding the midfield in a line rather than using the flair midfielders to exploit the forward space, and shows why Black and Law are constantly drifting back towards the defence to get posession.

Shame when we have such a natural attacking full back in Wallace, albeit no one of similar ability on other side.

We really need another good solid central defender (or two, I'm hoping Zaliukas can do this) to give the midfield and full backs confidence to receive the ball and go forward.

More tactical thinking in this post than we see from McCoist and his mates in a season.

Surprisingly another solid holding midfielder alongside Black would also allow players like Wallace, McLeod.Law to push forward more often. But who do we have for that extra holding position Peralta is inconsistent and Hutton lacks experience.

Wasn't sure that Bell could read the game in that respect until recently, but it is more the lack of decent outlets rather than his ability to utilise them that is the problem.

Fuck me. I'm starting to sound like a proper football coach, Ally and Durrant out, and Me and A.N.Other RM media poster in ?

I'd rather we played it short when possible, but granted that won't always be possible. For when we do go long though we don't have much to hit really , and the defending team tend to win more than they don't anyway. Think we have more pressing concerns ...

I'd rather we played it short when possible, but granted that won't always be possible. For when we do go long though we don't have much to hit really , and the defending team tend to win more than they don't anyway. Think we have more pressing concerns ...

It's the modern game though, possesion is like the law, ownership 100%.

A very inexperience Hibs team played that way against us and almost matched us and Legia destroyed the tims playing fast posession counter attacking passing flowing football.

As a poster stated above, a punt out from the goalkeeper usually gives the opposition at least a 50% chance of the ball, and in our case, with our lack of height and fight in midfield more often than not gives the possesion away.

Quite simply, if you keep the ball the opposition can't hurt you.