Gazza - not doing so great.

WATBB

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbf Gazza hasn't been doin great for years. Its a shame and a waste.I'm glad I had the opportunity to see him play in a Rangers jersey. Guys with his talent are few and far between.

Totaly agree, talent on the pitch immense, demons off the pitch unfortunaylty ar greater!!

I've often wondered if maybe he got into coaching, it'd take his mind off drinking, but then I remember; he was wasted throughout his whole career, he'd just be wasted doing that too :(

C'mon Gazza, boot the booze!

Has George Best written all over him only he won't make as long.

Absolutely tragic demise of someone who had the ability not only to be mesmeric at football but also to make everyone around him laugh into stitches.

Habits of a lifetime are hard to break and perhaps he can't get by the chances and glories of yesterday, he has to find peace with himself or he'll rot before our eyes until he eventually drops.

No more press, no more pals that like a drink or who need a performer, no more footie, no more cunt kids, no more drink, just Paul recovering alcoholic trying to find a bit of life without parties and football.

I hope for his sake he can manage it but he's up against it at this point.

If I had set out my thinking, I am not sure I would make it out any different to this.

You read the FULL article?

And where have I said I knew what they were doing?

You wrote: "Nice that his "friends" knew he was drinking for a while but only pipe up when the papers come calling."

You are accusing them of only helping when the papers come calling. You don't anything about what anyone was doing to help.

You wrote: "Nice that his "friends" knew he was drinking for a while but only pipe up when the papers come calling."

You are accusing them of only helping when the papers come calling. You don't anything about what anyone was doing to help.

No I'm accusing them of running to the papers which they did Gazza has many demons and most likely needs

sectioned for his own good.

Very sad another alcoholic unable to beat the demon drink. Looking at the state of him I wouldn't give him six months.

Check out the video interview - truly heartbreaking.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2730664/Paul-Gascoigne-makes-football-COMEBACK-Bournemouth-Sunday-League-side.html

No I'm accusing them of running to the papers which they did Gazza has many demons and most likely needs

sectioned for his own good.

You and many others don`t know the nature of the bheast when it concerns Gazza and the press. Pointing the finger at Gazza`s friends re the press is wrong.

Feel very sorry for him. He just can't beat this it seems.

Gazza never grew up. Blamed a lot of his issues over his childhood misfortune. Never got the right help at the right time. Sadly... feel it's too late for him now. Legendary footballer or not... it's a tragedy to drink yourself to death.

But... it's a choice. Put it this way. If someone had inoperable cancer and was told that to live... just give up the booze. Chances are pretty good the right choice would be made. So while I feel for Gazza -- and those like him -- at the end of the day... it's choices. All bad.

I do hope he gets stronger. In his heart... he's a good man.

How many chances does he want? Fucking idiot. All that money and love from family friends and fans across all teams and he cant stop drinking alcohol. Whats more important Paul alcohol or family? Wise up.

Gazza was a great player but the man since retiring is different and I have no respect for him that way. Only on football side.

How many chances does he want? Fucking idiot. All that money and love from family friends and fans across all teams and he cant stop drinking alcohol. Whats more important Paul alcohol or family? Wise up.

Gazza was a great player but the man since retiring is different and I have no respect for him that way. Only on football side.

He made approx 20 million from Football. Said he didn't care about money. Gave Sheryl houses... and a lot of money. He loved her. Even she couldn't help. LIke I said in my post. It's choices. He cannot make the right one. Without football, he didn;t know what to do. Too many 'friends'.

Tormented soul.

What might seem straightforward to us might not be for someone else, we are all wired up differently after all. I don’t doubt for one minute if Paul could flick a switch and be cured he would do but lifes not that simple.

We all can comment on things like this of course but like every other addiction unless we have been in the situation it really is impossible to know just how hard/easy living with it can be.

He’s had the help, he’s had the support but sometimes it just isn’t enough.

Tragic.

You and many others don`t know the nature of the bheast when it concerns Gazza and the press. Pointing the finger at Gazza`s friends re the press is wrong.

I'm more than old enough to know Gazzas history with the media but are you telling me his friends need to speak to them coz I don't think they do.

At the end of the day the main thing here us Gazza an absolute genius of a footballer unable to defeat his demons.

Hate seeing him like this as have had a family member who died through their drinking and its bad when its a stage when you know something's destroying you and you can't do anything about it.

Not as easy as that, truely a clueless and uneducated comment to make.