£10 million to spend in January?

CrackFox

but you expect us to beat the tims. budget is an excuse wheeled out when suited.

we spend a fraction of what we could on the team and what we spend is fully justifiable when trying to attract 50000 fans.

the aim is not to compete with scottish dross .

how many points did we win the leagues by?

The main priority has to be financial stability and living within our means.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a small possibiity but...... could we maybe use some of Newcastles scouting to help us out in the short to medium term?

Perhaps, but do the standard of player that we can attract fall into the same standard of player that Newcastle can?

Obviously they spend a lot of time scouting in France and probably have a decent database built up but most of the players they have signed in the past and have cost millions of pounds and it's highly unlikely we could afford the vast majority of the guys they are looking at.

In the short term, I'd appoint the guy Marella who was with Butcher at ICT & Inverness. He's unemployed just now and ICT brought a lot of decent players to the club under him. The English lower leagues is a market we really need to try and get something of a foothold in and he seems to have a good knowledge of it.

but you expect us to beat the tims. budget is an excuse wheeled out when suited.

we spend a fraction of what we could on the team and what we spend is fully justifiable when trying to attract 50000 fans.

the aim is not to compete with scottish dross .

how many points did we win the leagues by?

I don't expect it as in I would be raging with Ally if we didn't. I do however think we have enough in our locker that if we turn up on the day we can take them.

So what is the point of spending that money mate? It certainly is not to compete with Scottish dross as most of these guys will be out the door on frees next summer as they are not good enough.

We could have spent a fraction of what we have and still came up the leagues in 3 seasons and the money saved could have helped shorten the period of time most expect us to have to go without competing with them for the top spot.

What's done is done mate, we wasted money we didn't have to on a great many things these last 3 years.

I just wish our manager could admit that he had no need for guys like Templeton, Shiels, Cribrari,Peralta, Smith, Faure, Argyriou,Foster, Sandaza and Simonsen.

Black, Bell, Daly, Jig were fine with me as I felt we at least needed a strong spine of a team. That could have been peppered with the better young players, Macloed, Aird, Mcausland, Gallagher, Gasparotto, Clark, Crawford, and maybe 5 or 6 other cheaper options, guys who were decent pros and who knew the lower leagues; for example the boy Swankie.

Perhaps, but do the standard of player that we can attract fall into the same standard of player that Newcastle can?

Obviously they spend a lot of time scouting in France and probably have a decent database built up but most of the players they have signed in the past and have cost millions of pounds and it's highly unlikely we could afford the vast majority of the guys they are looking at.

In the short term, I'd appoint the guy Marella who was with Butcher at ICT & Inverness. He's unemployed just now and ICT brought a lot of decent players to the club under him. The English lower leagues is a market we really need to try and get something of a foothold in and he seems to have a good knowledge of it.

Agree on the lower english leagues, wouldn't be a bad idea mate.

The real problem we face in the transfer market, and its probably the same for the likes of Man Utd, is that there are plenty of good players out there, but we need to find guys with the mentality to play for Rangers.

For most clubs its about finding players who can handle a certain level of opposition, with our players its not about who we play against, its who they are playing for.

Lolololol. Ive never seen so much pish on a thread. There's too many guys on here who have been playing too much football manager!

You all slag McCoist yet the guy has won every division this far and got us to a scottish cup semi and league cup semi this year. He can only be judged after a few seasons in the top flight and provided he is on a financially level playing field with the jungle jims. McCoist has not had any money to spend since getting the job and has no right to be judged until he has spent real cash. Years ago, Rangers supporters would stick by a man like McCoist because he was a legend and stuck by the club through thick and thin. Sadly, new fans of the club behave like spoilt brats, demanding this and that and seem to think they know it all when in fact, they have no clue about the game, attempting to educate those of us who do know a thing or too. It's hilarious.

Yeah stick by him just like John Greig that worked out well before.

McCoist is a joke and needs removed.

My guess is that Ashley is going to be pulling the shots , if he isn't already. He and his man on the board , Llambias , will be scrutinising everything on the playing side of things for the next couple of months to ensure that not only do we win promotion this season , but we hit the spfl running , and capable of winning a European place at first time of asking .

Ally McCoist and his background staff will be first to be judged , and if they decide he is good enough , he will be given funds to attain that target . If not , someone else will be handed funds for that responsibility . How long this takes I'm not sure , but it would be ideal if decisions could be made by the January window , to bed any changes in , in time for next season.

I don't expect it as in I would be raging with Ally if we didn't. I do however think we have enough in our locker that if we turn up on the day we can take them.

So what is the point of spending that money mate? It certainly is not to compete with Scottish dross as most of these guys will be out the door on frees next summer as they are not good enough.

We could have spent a fraction of what we have and still came up the leagues in 3 seasons and the money saved could have helped shorten the period of time most expect us to have to go without competing with them for the top spot.

What's done is done mate, we wasted money we didn't have to on a great many things these last 3 years.

I just wish our manager could admit that he had no need for guys like Templeton, Shiels, Cribrari,Peralta, Smith, Faure, Argyriou,Foster, Sandaza and Simonsen.

Black, Bell, Daly, Jig were fine with me as I felt we at least needed a strong spine of a team. That could have been peppered with the better young players, Macloed, Aird, Mcausland, Gallagher, Gasparotto, Clark, Crawford, and maybe 5 or 6 other cheaper options, guys who were decent pros and who knew the lower leagues; for example the boy Swankie.

the point is for entertainment. are you not sick of paying to watch players below the calibre of our club? I understand your point, on paper it makes sense. Personally think we should be the bench mark for other clubs. Don't get me wrong i would have prefered the money was spent on infrastructure especially towards scouting young european players, but it has to be weighed against attracting a full house..

think our wage budget is around 35% of turnover. That is low, very low. How far would you have dropped it? Think a +50% reduction in our first team wage bill has effected the standard enough.

At the end of the day fans spend money and the club attracts money to be invested in a squad of the best talent we can afford. Out of all our expenses playing squad has probably taken the biggest hit, its a pity other expenses didn't follow suit.

If this mythical £10 million does materialise then I'd love to sign Armstrong and GMS from Scumdee,Wilson from Hertz add a decent right back to that added with what we have and we'd be looking good imo

I'd only take Armstrong out of that bunch.

GMS flatters to deceive and is injured a fair amount. Like it has been said, it's a better idea looking at the lower leagues down South. Scottish teams will rip the piss, I doubt United would even sell us him.

If this mythical £10 million does materialise then I'd love to sign Armstrong and GMS from Scumdee,Wilson from Hertz add a decent right back to that added with what we have and we'd be looking good imo

Armstrong yes, GMS wouldn't join us but would love him aswell. Wilson, maybe. Perhaps that big Reynolds guy from Aberdeen. Definitely a RB. Maybe a RM too, Peter Pawlett perhaps?

I'd only take Armstrong out of that bunch.

GMS flatters to deceive and is injured a fair amount. Like it has been said, it's a better idea looking at the lower leagues down South. Scottish teams will rip the piss, I doubt United would even sell us him.

English players are overpriced too. Get someone to scout the likes of Croatia, Sweden, Denmark.

English players are overpriced too. Get someone to scout the likes of Croatia, Sweden, Denmark.

Not in the lower League's look at the bargains that can be had from there.

I'm not saying to ignore Europe & other continents but less face it, it's easier and cheaper to scout in a short amount of time.

Not in the lower League's look at the bargains that can be had from there.

I'm not saying to ignore Europe & other continents but less face it, it's easier and cheaper to scout in a short amount of time.

Striker wise I'd live us to go for Kieran Agard or Joe Garner who are both really good league 1 players.