Bye Bye Ally

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you on fucking glue, what evidence have you witnessed this season that tells you we will win the league with games to spare

I think we should have beaten Hearts in the first game. I think the Hibs result was a freak result. I see us becoming harder and harder to score against and also get points off of. I see us in 4 competitons and 2 semi-finals. I genuinely think we will at least get a draw next week and think we will still win this league. I think Hearts will falter and the strength in our squad will show over the course of the season. Don't get me wrong I think today's performance was abysmal but its a single draw after 8 wins on the trot. I might be optimistic and I might be proven completely wrong but I'm giving a genuine opinion at how I see our season panning out. The football won't be nice but I think we will get the results to see us come first.

Yes, and hearts will get weaker. The gap is the same it was 2 months ago.

so far this season we have lost at home to hearts and hibs, drew with alloa both times, hearts have only dropped 4 points, 2 away to hibs and 2 away to dumbarton

you mention hearts will get weaker, why wont we? given we already are pretty weak, what happens if macleod or mcgregor get injured or suspended

we didnt have wallace today and already we looked massively worse in terms of attacking from the back, imagine if we lose any of our other 2 good players

I think we should have beaten Hearts in the first game. I think the Hibs result was a freak result. I see us becoming harder and harder to score against and also get points off of. I see us in 4 competitons and 2 semi-finals. I genuinely think we will at least get a draw next week and think we will still win this league. I think Hearts will falter and the strength in our squad will show over the course of the season. Don't get me wrong I think today's performance was abysmal but its a single draw after 8 wins on the trot. I might be optimistic and I might be proven completely wrong but I'm giving a genuine opinion at how I see our season panning out. The football won't be nice but I think we will get the results to see us come first.

strength of our squad

we have had an almost full squad so far this season and are 6 points behind

as for the hibs result being a freak one, they played us off the park in the cup and we were saved by a red card,

This probably won't be popular on this forum, but I would take Gordon Strachan as our next head coach. A man who actually understands tactics and who is able to change games accordingly. Unfortunately our present manager will be never possess these qualities.

lol I had the same thought about an hour ago.

This probably won't be popular on this forum, but I would take Gordon Strachan as our next head coach. A man who actually understands tactics and who is able to change games accordingly. Unfortunately our present manager will never possess these qualities.

[/quote

Agree wholeheartedly, unfortunately can't see it happening, unless someone with vision and influence steps in.

What's unacceptable is that Hearts are cruising this league on a shoestring and we're dropping points with a higher paid, bigger name, more experienced squad.

Management and tactics can be the only explanation for the above.

Yes , we've had some good results over the past few weeks until we come up against a stubborn team that did the same last time we played them incidentally.

What's unacceptable is that Hearts are cruising this league on a shoestring and we're dropping points with a higher paid, bigger name, more experienced squad.

Management and tactics can be the only explanation for the above.

Yes , we've had some good results over the past few weeks until we come up against a stubborn team that did the same last time we played them incidentally.

That's the big difference....... we have neither

:anguish:

We've only been saying it for 2-3 years, but I'll say it again as I fucking love moaning (tu)

McCoist hasn't a clue. Some woeful decisions over the years and I can count on one hand the amount of good games we've had. Motherwell, stenhousemuir...

The baffling choices and signings and sending players out on loan who should be pushing for a starting place.

I've been at my wits end for two years now, and we've not improved at all, get the useless dud out (tu)

I'm hopeful that McCoist/McDowall/Durrant and their players can deliver promotion this season. It's absolutely vital that they do it.

However, after promotion is secured, I'm amenable to them stepping aside.

After that, I'd be happy with any kind of detail-orientated, diligent manager (and 1 or 2 assistants) who:

* will take a "reasonable" (i.e., not excessive) wage. (I personally feel that about £300K/annum -- or less -- is appropriate for the Rangers first-team manager.)

* sets out training and teams to play attractive, modern football that fans can get excited about.

* is the sort who insists that money is pumped into high quality sporting setup that identifies young, quick, players with great touch and balance (but who are often physically weak), brings them to the club, and plays them while physically developing them.

Money saved on excessive salaries could be routed into:

* "support staff" of various sorts (who have smaller salaries, naturally).

* "scouts" (who can scout-out young players with speed, balance and great touch -- it doesn't matter if they are physically weak, as they can be strengthened later).

* improvements, maintenance and repairs to facilities and grounds.

As far as financing goes, here are some indicators of what first-team managers in England are getting:

* In the EPL, manger salaries appear to range from £400K to £7m per annum. Rangers can seemingly achieve parity with the lowest salaries here. However, I feel that better value can be found elsewhere.

* In the English Championship, manager salaries appear to range from £95K to £450K per year, perhaps with some odd discrepancies here and there. Rangers can compete at the medium and medium/high end, and can also find value at the lower end.

* In the English League One, manager salaries appear to range from £55K to £200K, plus bonuses. Rangers can find real value here.

Here are some recent examples picked from the EPL:

* I believe that Alan Pardew (who is a good manager in my opinion) is paid somewhere between £500K-to-£800K (reports conflict) per annum.

* Seemingly, Michael Laudrup, when he was manager of Swansea City, was paid £500K per annum.

Sources:

http://www.independe...ut-6149966.html

http://www.trophy4to...eague-salaries/

http://www.tsmplug.c...agers-salaries/

:anguish:

We've only been saying it for 2-3 years, but I'll say it again as I fucking love moaning (tu)

McCoist hasn't a clue. Some woeful decisions over the years and I can count on one hand the amount of good games we've had. Motherwell, stenhousemuir...

The baffling choices and signings and sending players out on loan who should be pushing for a starting place.

I've been at my wits end for two years now, and we've not improved at all, get the useless dud out (tu)

This.

I'm the same pulling my fuckinghair out since Malmo with him let alone fucking Alloa.

Since Day One he has not been a Manager.

The downward slope first became evident when he ditched a young and dynamic barrie mc kay

when he came on the scene excited and we had some hope of better days to come

How can a player with so much promise leave - but he brings in old pro,s that

once were good but look the part but thats it -

Our play is predictable every game and the same old duds producing the same old moves

Our manager picks the team - watches like us and doesnt see that his team are just boring

to watch - hope training is a good laugh again this week sure it will

Agree wi what you say Dalton.We could and should have had a young exciting team today BUT who signed the old hands?

We're crying over spilt milk and it wont get better under McCoist.

Albear seems to think it's positive that we are still 6 pts behind Hertz after 2 months? I say it's worrying.

McCoist must go NOW.

When we were pre -admin and the start of Division 3 for once seeing the young lads for the first time

gave some hope that for once we had a chance to forget buying for the sake of it

Ally you have proved you and the training regime at training havent a clue

you have Lewis but he is so talented he could have progressed anywhere- he is your get out card

The team are yours and the attendances are dwindling - legend stick to that - manager did well

time and place - time for ashley to act on his investment

That team was very short on ideas, that is the least you would expect, but it was solidly one dimensional. The goal Alloa scored was what we should have been doing- the ball out wide, and play it in to the box; but no, we constantly attempted the ball through the middle, where the area was jam-packed. Did Ally know what to do out there, or was it the players? I think Ally has players in the squad who are better than that, and so this tells me that he isn't getting the best out of them.