***Official Rangers v Kilmarnock thread***

euanRFC

After two laclustre performances resulting in two terrible reults if Ally goes with the same or similar starting line up against Killie then he will only further emphisise his poor managment skills,

Any other manager worth their salt would use the Kilmarnock game to ring the changes and show players like Black, Law, Miller and the likes that their place in the starting 11 is not guarantee'd and performances have to be raised.

However i'm willing to bet that McCoists team will be almost identical to the team that played at Hearts with Law, Black, Miller and Daly all starting.

I'd take a 1-0 win right now. I think it'll be another game that'll make for tough viewing, though.

A decent crowd would help carry the team through but attendance will probably be low on account of recent performances, fan's dislike for the management, the game itself being live on TV and the current boardroom ramblings (which shouldn't matter when we're supposed to be supporting a football team).

Time for changes.

Something like;

Simonesen

Faure McGregor McCulloch Wallace

Aird Macleod Black Law

Miller Clark

If Ally doesn't change things then it's clear as day he isn't going to change things long term, this is his opportunity.

Just had a look at ticket sales. This could be one of the quietest games for a very very long time. If Killie do not bring a big support which I dont think they will then 10k could be an achievement. Anyway 2-1 rangers for me, daly and miller.

Killie apparently have the corner and part of the broomloan. Could be another major embarassment not getting at least 30k there. A shame it really is and its mostly down to the manager and the "football" we play

Doesnt look like there will be that good a crowd as email regarding activating ST for match stated that top of Copland closed,Club Deck closed and sections in the midle of Broomloan given over to Killie fans.Not sure if this will help/hinder Rangers will wait and see.

McCoist has backed himself in to a corner by giving himself very few options to change things on Sunday. If Wallace is out then we have a major problem at left back. I expect to see McGregor being shunted out left and Foster at RB.

Midfield options..Templeton, Shiels, Peralta or Aird.

Forward options...Clark, Boyd

Templeton is blowing hot and cold because he has a manager that doesn't trust him. And it shows. His confidence appears to be gone and he knows that if he has a bad game he is out. Shiels, Peralta and Aird are literally of no use given their lack of game time recently...and the fact they are anonymous when they do get a game.

Up front he has Clark as his only viable alternative to his preferred strike force of Miller and Daly.

He knows where the team's weak areas are but either through stubbornness or stupidity he refuses to alter it. Even if just to see how the players adapt against so called weaker opposition.

Against Kilmarnock his mindset will be defensive as it always is in the "big" games.

Black and Law will start and will struggle in midfield as per usual. It's like watching Edu and McCulloch all over again.

I can't see anything other than another struggle in front of a low uninspired crowd.