Ally- I Have Never Considered Quitting

JamieG54

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's gone from one of my all tine favourites to a man I consider to be a prick. His behaviour is cowardly and he is in denial.

History will not judge him well.

The fact that Rangers and Hearts both went into administration is the only similarity. Hearts chose to cut costs by releasing over 20 players and retaining only 3 contracted senior players: McDonald, Hamill and Stevenson. Then appointing a rookie manager in Locke. They were under a player signing embargo so had to play their youth. It turned out to be a good decision even if it was forced on them.

Ally on the other hand decided that he would keep as many of the Oldco squad as he could when Newco was placed in Div 3. He was also allowed to sign experienced players before the embargo kicked in. IMO, this proved to be the wrong decision. Playing against part-time teams in Div 3 did not need high earning experienced players to win games. The same goes for Div 2. All that has happened over the past 2 seasons is that the squad has gone stale playing against inferior opposition week after week.

Now we are in the position that many of these players are out of contract in the summer and with the exception of Wallace and McLeod there will be no significant transfer money coming into the club. Acute myopia by Ally not thinking about the future of the club but only on retaining his own managerial position.

What will be will be. but I suspect Ally will still be in charge for the Play-Offs.

God forbid. I remain optimistic, he will be gone Monday!

Someone has to tell him that it's not just one result, it's not just one bad signing, or one bad performance.

He could lead us to the championship by 10 points this season and it still won't do, he is a dinosaur like the man he replaced, albeit at least Walter could fucking win cups.

His backward thinking has left us with a team of wasters, Macleod and Wallace are probably the only two who would get us a fee, that is a fucking disgrace, we are half a year away from the top league and he has spunked all that money, played utter shite football with no forward vision, been outplayed by part timers and schooled by Raith Rovers in a Mickey Mouse cup final.

No amount of birthday card pish in the media during admin etc will make up for the mess he will leave this club in or the money it will take to fix it.

He makes Paul Le Guen look like Jose Mourinho.

I've never been convinced he is the man for the job, ever since that defeat away to St. Mirren in 2011 at least.

But it's now getting to the point where I'm sick of him. He is a club legend but he's leaving us with no choice. He's dragging this team along and it's a big mess behind. Please realise you're not the man, Ally.

I don't expect Ally to quit simply because of his quote of ' we don't do walking away ' . Unlike some who think it's about money , I don't. In fact , it wouldn't surprise me if Ally forgoes any 12 month payment , knowing how much Rangers mean to him.

I think it's all about that quote . It epitomises everything about us as a support and Ally as a one of us.

I don't think Ally is the man for the job , and if I'm honest I'm pretty sure he must , by now , have his own doubts. I'd go so far as to say he'd probably wish the board to make that decision for him

It's all about what our club stands for - we don't surrender , and nor will Ally. I think it's in Rangers , and Ally's , best interests that the board make that decision for him.

Hate seeing training pictures because he's always laughing and joking yet on match days he has a serious face and arms crossed and no touchline verbal tactical help, opposition score a goal and the three stooges just stand there motionless if he showed anger and ruthlessness at the players then they might have more respect for him but he is just a joker . Ally you WERE a legend but now to most fans you are a joke of a manager and that how he will be remembered.

Hate seeing training pictures because he's always laughing and joking yet on match days he has a serious face and arms crossed and no touchline verbal tactical help, opposition score a goal and the three stooges just stand there motionless if he showed anger and ruthlessness at the players then they might have more respect for him but he is just a joker . Ally you WERE a legend but now to most fans you are a joke of a manager and that how he will be remembered.

Do you honestly think Ally is trying to do the best he can for Rangers?

Yes or no?

Where have you been in the last few years?

Our situations are different because;

We were relegated to the third division, they only went down on division,

We had a matter of days to get our license and get a team together. Hertz knew they were going down for months. Time for prepartion for such a drop is vital!

Hertz didn't have an illegal transfer embargo imposed,

Hertz didn't lose players potentially worth 10million plus,

Hertz fans expect nothing from their team so is no real pressure on them.

Hertz were not victimized by the SFA and members of the SPL.

There wasn't concerted effort to kill Hertz off.

Nobody tried to strip titles from Hertz, the whole two of them (no laughing at the back).

HERTZ WERE NOT SUBJECT TO A FRADULANT TAKEOVER BY A CHARLATAN AND HIS COHORTS!

I could list more. It's pretty clear our situations are poles apart. As far apart as our total of titles, as far apart as our supports expectations and as far apart as your eyes are Jamie. :pipe:

I'm lost. What does any of that have to do with Ally McCoist refusing to pick young players?