Ally- I Have Never Considered Quitting

JamieG54

He says the Hearts scenario is completley different but I'd say their league form rides a horse and cart through everything he has said these past 2 and a half years whilst showing up his managerial shortcomings. Regular bench warmers like Shiels and Templeton probably make more between them than any Hearts starting 11.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would he consider quitting?

He's had the cushiot job of any football manager I can remember.

First season, he was shite but had the excuse of admin to cover himself.

His job since then is to get paid hundreds of thousands of pounds a year to get us up through leagues made up of part timers while having the second highest wage budget in the country - a budget 10,000 times higher than most of his opponents.

And over and above that he got a good offer in the share offering too.

Ally's laughing all the way to the bank and doing an awful job at the same time.

I wouldn't quit if I was him....

It is almost pointless having any thread about McCoist and his inability to manage RFC. He is blind to criticism. He is patronising to the support. He is as greedy as any of those who have taken a fortune out of the club in the last 3 years. What is really galling about the money is that he is supposedly a "Rangers man". I have no respect for McCoist at all now, none whatsoever. He has ruined the great memories I have of his scoring exploits. It will be a long time before I can view the old videos again. This latest article shows that he thinks it was only last week's result which we are all unhappy about. How delusional is that?

I hope (the fans will give me their support). You can please some of the people some of the time.

I think he's just read that somewhere without even understanding it. Soundbite after soundbite, we'd all be pleased with a bit of substance Ally.

Anyone else wondering if Ally is executing a cunning plan, by keeping us just on track, limping through each new stage, but getting us over the line unimpressively, thus lulling all of Scottish football into a false sense of security, ready to strike at the perfect moment displaying the Barca style we've been perfecting in private on the training grounds of Auchenhowie?

Or is it just my daftie, mate?

:pipe:

Wow. Just, wow!

That's FOUR threads about Ally, by the same poster on the first page of RM!

You might think someone had a wee agenda or worse!

Restraining order might be in offing here.

Go on, mate.

It's your turn to start an Ally thread, now.

You show him.

The fact that Rangers and Hearts both went into administration is the only similarity. Hearts chose to cut costs by releasing over 20 players and retaining only 3 contracted senior players: McDonald, Hamill and Stevenson. Then appointing a rookie manager in Locke. They were under a player signing embargo so had to play their youth. It turned out to be a good decision even if it was forced on them.

Ally on the other hand decided that he would keep as many of the Oldco squad as he could when Newco was placed in Div 3. He was also allowed to sign experienced players before the embargo kicked in. IMO, this proved to be the wrong decision. Playing against part-time teams in Div 3 did not need high earning experienced players to win games. The same goes for Div 2. All that has happened over the past 2 seasons is that the squad has gone stale playing against inferior opposition week after week.

Now we are in the position that many of these players are out of contract in the summer and with the exception of Wallace and McLeod there will be no significant transfer money coming into the club. Acute myopia by Ally not thinking about the future of the club but only on retaining his own managerial position.

What will be will be. but I suspect Ally will still be in charge for the Play-Offs.

Wow. Just, wow!

That's FOUR threads about Ally, by the same poster on the first page of RM!

You might think someone had a wee agenda or worse!

Restraining order might be in offing here.

Thanks for taking the time to count.

Someone has to start the wave. For the first time the media are writing articles on the fans opinions about Ally. It's coming.

Ally out soon enough