Whyte released on bail

Bad Robot

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His day will come, in with the sex offenders for him or solitary? He can take his pick.

I hope 10,000 bears turn up at sheriff court. the sheriff who is dealing with this case must be made to realise very early on we want the maximum sentence he can give.

But why was this not sent to the high court were the sentences are heavier? This is a multi million pound fraud yet he is in a court that also deals with breach of the peace? His day will come, he knows it, and we all know it.

His day will come, in with the sex offenders for him or solitary? He can take his pick.

I hope 10,000 bears turn up at sheriff court. the sheriff who is dealing with this case must be made to realise very early on we want the maximum sentence he can give.

But why was this not sent to the high court were the sentences are heavier? This is a multi million pound fraud yet he is in a court that also deals with breach of the peace? His day will come, he knows it, and we all know it.

ALL serious offences start on petition in the Sheriff Court. The Crown can then decide to send matters to the High Court. That is how it works.

Not until he is sent south of the border to answer for it.

I know a little bit about English law (pretty limited admittedly ) so I originally thought he'd have been marked as MCD (must come down ) given the warrant issued by the high court . I wonder Does that mean that the Scottish matter has to be dealt with before the English matter can be resolved ?

Over the moon when I first saw the pictures of him looking like a scared wee tramp fearing for his life. This is just the beginning for the wee rat bastard. A few months with some hardened criminals and angry cops will do him the world of good. If you're reading Craig , your nightmare will never end.

I bet he will get off with it.

I just don't have belief in justice for us anymore.

Lord Nimmo Smith and other judges have given us justice.

If the case is proved then there will be guilty verdicts.

My only worry is we have no voir dire for juries or any form of jury selection and we need people to be dispassionate and leave all football allegiances out of this to deliver a verdict only based on the evidence.

BNB,

www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/voir

Definition of VOIR DIRE: a preliminary examination to determine the competency of a witness or juror .

Honest question,

If the members of the jury are not examined, how then are they appointed?

In a case of this seriousness this seems strange.

The same way as any other Jury. Names in the bowl and drawn out. The Judge will charge them before they consider their verdict and they will be told to concentrate on the evidence only.

BNB,

www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/voir

Definition of VOIR DIRE: a preliminary examination to determine the competency of a witness or juror .

Honest question,

If the members of the jury are not examined, how then are they appointed?

In a case of this seriousness this seems strange.

In a case of this size In England the jury pool (which would perhaps be two or three times the usual size ( will be given a series of questions by the judge , agreed with defence and prosecution , and various answers at his discretion my mean they're excused. So it'll be say "do you or any of your family work or have worked at the club or Ticketus ?" Or he may say "this will be a lengthy trial is there any reason why you are unable to commit ?" , such as pregnancy or pre-booked holidays . The judge will then speak to them and again make the decision .

Once the jury pool has been 'trimmed' , they'll then simply draw out the lots and swear them in . That's how it works in England anyway .

I do wonder if there would be applications from either side to move the trial ? Again in England in cases that are highly charged 'locally' such as football violence or grooming matters can be shifted from liverpool to Preston or manchester to liverpool for example .

Lord Nimmo Smith and other judges have given us justice.

If the case is proved then there will be guilty verdicts.

My only worry is we have no voir dire for juries or any form of jury selection and we need people to be dispassionate and leave all football allegiances out of this to deliver a verdict only based on the evidence.

Finding fifteen people from thirty potential jurors in Scotland who can do that will be a huge challenge.

Even if Whyte is found guilty the rat will appeal.