Tonev

KingKirk

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If at any point he claimed as his defence that he didn't know what "cunt" meant, then does he admit he said "black"?

It's a weak form of defence and if he then changed his case, or perhaps before, then I think the committee clearly came to the correct decision.

The scum have overplayed their hand and are probably going down the PR road on this one, and are focusing on the system, rather than the case. They're also logically inconsistent in claiming he definitely didn't say it but also claim he shouldn't have been found guilty as it was one man's word against another.

They're now getting so cocky that the SFA can't back them up on this one.

The story is a biggy in itself, however, when you have your own guys captaining the good ship SFA/SPFL, then it's a pretty straight forward process to "bury bad news". You just concoct an couple of issues, perhaps worries over the ownership of a member club, maybe about an outstanding debt you think should be called in, then raise charges and feed to all media outlets. Simples. x

Tweet
Email

Graham Stuart/Action Images JS52389916.jpg Celtic's Aleksandar Tonev

CLARKE CARLISLE watched Liverpool’s reputation take a hit from Anfield to America after their backing of Luis Suarez in his race row with Patrice Evra.

The former player believes the Reds’ stance even cost legend Kenny Dalglish his job after players wore T-shirts in support of the South American.

Now Carlisle wants Celtic to learn lessons from that episode after the Hoops vowed to stand by Aleksandar Tonev who has been found guilty of racially abusing an opponent .

Tonev’s appeal against a seven-match ban for calling Aberdeen’s Shay Logan a “black c***” was yesterday thrown out at a Hampden hearing and the Bulgarian will now serve his ban.

But Celtic have expressed their disappointment at the verdict and are standing by the on-loan Aston Villa man who won’t now be available for selection until late next month.

Former PFA chairman Carlisle was heavily involved in the Suarez case in his role as an ambassador for anti-racism groups Kick It Out and Show Racism The Red Card.

The controversial Uruguyan – now at Barcelona – was banned for eight games and fined £40,000 after being found guilty of racially abusing Manchester United’s Evra.

Carlisle doesn’t want to see Celtic’s reputation suffer like Liverpool’s. The 35-year-old former Burnley defender said: “As a club Celtic would be better advised to take a stance against what is alleged to have been done as opposed to trying to undermine the authorities, just as we expected Liverpool to do in their case with Luis Suarez.

“Lessons cold have been learned from the Suarez situation where the overriding issue is of greater severity than that of the individual.

“In a situation like this it’s plausible and possible to take an outward stance that totally condemns actions of that nature while still supporting your player through the process.

“For me Liverpool did not do that with Luis Suarez, especially with getting everyone to wear the T-shirts. It totally seemed to fly in the face of the overriding issue and Celtic have the possibility to do the same here.

“They could say as a club they stand by the SFA and the principles and the ethics of the modern-day game in relation to racism and discrimination.

“A stance like that could have been far more beneficial to the reputation of such a global football club as opposed to totally undermining the issue and the authorities.

“My personal opinion is Liverpool’s reputation took a hit because of their stance and ultimately it contributed to Kenny Dalglish losing his job at the club because of the ripple effect of what was being said about Liverpool.

“It went over the Pond and the club’s American owners heard about it.

“The New York Times even ran articles on how Liverpool’s stance wasn’t acceptable in the modern age so I think it affected the reputation of the club and manager. I sincerely hope Ronny Deila and Celtic learn from that and adopt a stance that you know is more befitting of such a global and iconic club.

“Aston Villa also have a duty as the parent club to reaffirm their stance in tackling this issue.

“It’s a tricky one because Celtic have a point in that it’s a grievous offence so I can understand their standpoint if they feel there is insufficient evidence but still I think there is an overriding issue all football clubs and players should stand for.

“That seems to be the stance the SFA are taking and as an individual I am more inclined to stand by the SFA as I would be Celtic in this one.

“Celtic are in serious danger of undermining the power and the seriousness of that offence.”

Are Celtic right to stand by Aleksandar Tonev after he racially abused Aberdeen's Shay Logan?

Carlisle applauded the SFA for their thorough process in the Tonev case with the governing body even taking the step of releasing the findings in a written report such was the size of the case . He said: “There are two angles to this story.

“First of all there is disappointment that this type of incident does still occur on the pitch with the SFA’s findings which you have to stand by.

Action Images CS52112591.jpg Clarke Carlisle

“That brings us to the second point and Celtic are in serious danger of undermining the authorities and the validity of any decisions moving forward if they continue to contest after due process has been followed.

“That is a tad unnerving but from my position I need to focus on the general issue and that is one of huge disappointment that an incident like this is occurring.

“But you counter that with a bit of faith and hope in the system they have followed it through to its conclusion and are seen to be taking accusations and incidents like this seriously.

“It shows a step forward in the whole issue of race and discrimination on the field that the national governing body have taken it so seriously by going through several processes with the original incident and the appeal.

“You would have to say the result of this shows they are trying to take a step towards that zero tolerance stance that every national governing body purports to stand for.

“While it is disappointing that the incident occurs it is almost comforting to know the national body is taking it seriously and carrying these things out to its conclusion.”

Carlisle is right.

They've defended their player to the hilt, even when his own evidence was inconsistent and strange, claiming that he didn't know what "c**t" was, but knew it was abusive, whilst apparently, at one point, having admitted he did say "black". Apparently he was asked if he said "black c***" and replied that he didn't know what "c***". That's a farcical defence. Open and shut case, M'Lud.

They have at no point came out and apologised to Logan, even with a "sorry you feel bad about that, but he didn't do it", but have instead focused on trying to clear their name mentioning the false PR about being "open to all from [their] earliest days" which is pish because there's plenty of documents to prove that they were established with a sectarian signing policy and maintained that with their earliest teams. Signing non-Catholics was a demand from the board's businessmen.

Since the Mark Walters incident when they actually chucked bananas at a black man, they've had numerous racist anti-British songs, convicted racist supporters and also players and ex-players.

They've also indulged in their share of anti-Semitism, due to their blind love for Palestinian victimhood and terrorism.

They have no moral high ground and that's before you query their finances, appointments and shady history from Brother Walfrid, though others, to Torbett and his crew.

Paul Dumbert dodged plenty of questions about him, he's still technically his player.

Not as far as Lambert was saying, without moving his chin. Is that thanks to big Jorg?

Paul Lambert. Part football manager, part ventriloquist.

He was actually quite insistent that Tonev was a ceptic player, repeatedly saying "Ask ceptic!" when asked a few times.

I would like to expand on post #82 with Clark Carlisle, I think he's bang on.

I was out with the wife this afternoon trying to buy Xmas gifts for the grandkids. My grandson is into the NFL among other sports.

We were able to get him stuff for his other sports teams but when it came to his NFL team we ran into a road block.

The sales guy said that when the Ray Rice domestic violence became public their company pulled all of the Baltimore Ravens NFL stuff . This happened in three different sports' franchise stores. When I heard the reason I asked about LA Kings' hockey strips, and they too had been pulled by the company.

This shows you how these businesses treat a serious offence by a sports star. In the case of LA Kings, they suspended Voynov voluntarily as soon as the details of the case were known. I have never seen an American president commenting on a sports-based incident before, but we are talking about a black player and Obama.

Here are the links ...

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/kings-slava-voynov-to-stand-trial-on-domestic-violence-charge-1.2873923

http://www.mediaite.com/online/obama-nfl-was-behind-the-curve-on-ray-rice-domestic-violence/

Now, what got me started on this train of thought was this latest from C1888c, albeit racism as against domestic violence, ...

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/547362/Celtic-Tonev-racism-case

They have had the first verdict, and fair enough they appeal that but then they lose the appeal and yet they still try to bully the SFA into rescinding that decision.

When you take a step outside the fishbowl that is Scottish football you see how ridiculous their actions appear. In other sports where teams have disciplinary boards the teams follow procedures then accept the decisions.

Although they are trying to impose their will on the SFA they are actually appearing to be parochial and petty. They do not appear to be behaving like a global brand to supporters from outside of Scotland. What with this latest fiasco, the Legia Warsaw stuff and the Sion FC case they are accumulating a very poor reputation. That's just the club, not the goons who follow them.

In fact, I think they should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute. Why have a disciplinary board in your sport if you are not willing to accept its decisions?

I would like to expand on post #82 with Clark Carlisle, I think he's bang on.

I was out with the wife this afternoon trying to buy Xmas gifts for the grandkids. My grandson is into the NFL among other sports.

We were able to get him stuff for his other sports teams but when it came to his NFL team we ran into a road block.

The sales guy said that when the Ray Rice domestic violence became public their company pulled all of the Baltimore Ravens NFL stuff . This happened in three different sports' franchise stores. When I heard the reason I asked about LA Kings' hockey strips, and they too had been pulled by the company.

This shows you how these businesses treat a serious offence by a sports star. In the case of LA Kings, they suspended Voynov voluntarily as soon as the details of the case were known. I have never seen an American president commenting on a sports-based incident before, but we are talking about a black player and Obama.

Here are the links ...

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...harge-1.2873923

http://www.mediaite....estic-violence/

Now, what got me started on this train of thought was this latest from C1888c, albeit racism as against domestic violence, ...

http://www.express.c...nev-racism-case

They have had the first verdict, and fair enough they appeal that but then they lose the appeal and yet they still try to bully the SFA into rescinding that decision.

When you take a step outside the fishbowl that is Scottish football you see how ridiculous their actions appear. In other sports where teams have disciplinary boards the teams follow procedures then accept the decisions.

Although they are trying to impose their will on the SFA they are actually appearing to be parochial and petty. They do not appear to be behaving like a global brand to supporters from outside of Scotland. What with this latest fiasco, the Legia Warsaw stuff and the Sion FC case they are accumulating a very poor reputation. That's just the club, not the goons who follow them.

In fact, I think they should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute. Why have a disciplinary board in your sport if you are not willing to accept its decisions?

That's the thing, though. They've set precedents for getting what they want by propaganda and bullying. From 2008's sporting integrity, to the new anti-sectarian laws they demanded and then demanded to be repealed when they were being pulled up under them, and the removal of a referee and an SFA official. Oh, and then there's all the successful action taken against our songs and indeed Club. They almost succeeded in fucking title stripping, which just tells you how fucked up the game is here, but FIFA are no beacon of justice.

They always seem to be able to get the rules changed to favour themselves or scupper their rivals, which is shit for us. Even in Europe they've had some breaks, despite now ten charges in almost as many years.

Check with BNB, but I think the SFA convict on the balance of probabilities rather than proving beyond a reasonable doubt.

You are correct. Had there been corroboration of the incident then there would have been a criminal prosecution. Beyond Reasonable Doubt is only for the criminal courts. Given the SFA assessment of Tonev as a witness and his ridiculous position then he would have been convicted there as well.

You are correct. Had there been corroboration of the incident then there would have been a criminal prosecution. Beyond Reasonable Doubt is only for the criminal courts. Given the SFA assessment of Tonev as a witness and his ridiculous position then he would have been convicted there as well.

Why do you think it hasn't been taken to the courts then?

Why do you think it hasn't been taken to the courts then?

Because as she said there's nothing to corroborate it, the alleged victim says it happened and there's no other evidence. Corroboration is a fundamental of Scots law (for now) so a case without it has zero prospect of a prosecution