Tonev

KingKirk

Its not just about one players word against another its also about how convincing a witness you are.

I presume Tonev was a poor witness.

I remember being at "Diversity Training" and we were told that if an accusation of Racism is made the onus is on you to disprove it, there is a presumption of guilt until then.

Oh goody. Looks like title stripping is back Is Vogue again........

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the first hearing, it's not as if they just flipped a coin. They sat through hours of points and evidence from both sides and then they made their decision. They need to release a report as the FA do but that would involve the SFA being transparent.

Also, every team signed up for this system - yes, that includes Celtic.

Why doesn't he just tell us what it was?

Did he call him a "digger" or "back b*****""?

What non-racist term of abuse that sounds like a racist term of abuse did he use?

To be honest, I reckon this is more about ceptic's PR and image than Tonev's supposed innocence. I think the scum may just be overplaying their hand on this one, perhaps initially questioning the player, who then felt he had to admit he abused him, while claiming that it wasn't racist but might just sound a little bit racist.

I suspect that this is all merely another case of brushing it under the carpet, rather than a quest for justice for a loan player, who I now suspect will be punted back to his contracted club to distance the shame, after it's been kicked into the long grass.

There's nomdoubt whatsoever in my mind this is all about the sellic brand. Same as the turning of the microscope in the Hearts case.

Has to be said, though, they're good at it.

There's nomdoubt whatsoever in my mind this is all about the sellic brand. Same as the turning of the microscope in the Hearts case.

Has to be said, though, they're good at it.

The propaganda handbook was copied from Sinn Fein a long, long time ago.

The old "it's not sectarian. It's political." argument is a tired tactic peddled by both scummy organisations.

So when does Tonev return to is parent club? If it's he January window then you can expect the powers that be to back down as they probably wouldn't want to ruffle feathers with another football authority. Tbh, I wouldn't put it past them to have put this forward in the hope that the judgement is turned over and as soon as it is they'll announce that he's here till May.

This is going to turn out to be that he did say something racist, but it's not meant as racist where he's from, as almost everyone uses the term in his homeland. That'll be where this one goes after the old "it might have sounded racist, but it's not racist" defence.

This is going to turn out to be that he did say something racist, but it's not meant as racist where he's from, as almost everyone uses the term in his homeland. That'll be where this one goes after the old "it might have sounded racist, but it's not racist" defence.

Like Suarez defence that did not work?

Aleksandar Tonev loses appeal against racial abuse ban

Celtic's Aleksandar Tonev has lost his appeal against a seven-match ban for racially abusing Aberdeen's Shay Logan.

A Scottish Football Association appeal tribunal have upheld October'soriginal guilty verdict against the Bulgarian.

That judicial panel found on loan Aston Villa winger Tonev, 24, guilty of using "offensive, insulting and abusive language of a racist nature" towards the Aberdeen defender.

A tribunal heard appeal submissions on the player's behalf on 4 December.

On Tuesday, Celtic manager Ronny Deila continued to back his player. He reiterated the club's intention to take their appeal as far as necessary.

Earlier this month, Deila said: "We don't believe Aleksandar is a racist.

"It's been word against word and they are thinking the other guy is telling the truth and Tonev is lying - and, for me, that's not how a court should be.

"For me, it should be real proof. This is a very serious accusation and you have to absolutely know you're right.

"If it's still going to go on and there's no proof, we will have to do everything we can to help Alex."

The members of the tribunal adjourned to consider the evidence and have now published a 3,500-word document outlining how they came to their decision.

Tonev joined Celtic on loan from Villa in August, with the incident with Logan taking place in a Scottish Premiership match at Celtic Park in September.

During the match, Logan complained to referee Bobby Madden that Tonev had made a racist remark towards him and also reported it to Dons captain Mark Reynolds.

I'm actually surprised that the SFA haven't given them an out here.