Were McCoist to walk for nothing..

JR

you have lost me

the bold Alistair told us first that he hadn't read his contract (ho ho ho indeed)

then, when it became plain that the money was ridiculous he told us that for the good of the club he was willing to take a pay cut

surely a reasonable and prudent man would assume that having reduced his salary, for the benefit of the club, that any move to have said salary increased would be a bizarre move which could only prevent what (the bold Alistair) said he was trying to prevent in the first place

wither that or he got caught with his massive salary, knew he couldn't defend it, pretended to take a pay cut and has now been found out again

whichever way you slice and dice it Alistair and his mate Andrew do not do cut price deals

He did take a pay cut (or today's story wasn't an increase)

And I've answered it twice and you have ignored it both times, I'm not gonna sit here copying and pasting an answer to you all evening.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fans need to wake up and smell the coffee, his wages get increased to nearly 800k by invoking this clause which was a big secret, yes we all new he had a 12 month rolling contract but who new his wages would go back to his orginal inflated salary?

It's gonna cost the club 400,000 to get rid of Ally.

Ally has pocketed about 3million quid and 4% of our club since admin.

Ally only thinks of Ally, And I think he did not want to face the fans at the agm on Monday, the board meet with Ally on Wednesday and a package will be reached.

I would love to think I am wrong and he and his backroom staff would walk for nothing, but all they have done from admin is make sure they got the wages they were on when we were in the champs league, I feel Ally has lost the respect of most fans now.

I wish Ally luck in the future, I watched him struggle under Greig, then break into the Scotland squad under Wallace then Souness arrived and the rest is history but he has looked after number 1 since admin and that hurts.

So no matter what he decides to do you have already made up your mind. You are convinced Ally is only interested in Ally a popular theory but one I dont share. Lets wait and see

if ally truly wanted to leave without any money he'd have done it on friday after the game,

Look at PLG, we didnt hear a word about him leaving until he did, one quick chat with the owner and it was au revoir from him with not a penny pay off

Instead with ally there is a big song and dance about it

Just wonder if he will look to get paid off in shares of Rangers . Not sure if there are unissued shares and if the board can do it They would not cause any further cash flow and Ally would then start to have a bit of influence given the amount of shares he already has Just a thought

I'd be happy if he took a pay off at his current salary or less. I know I couldn't afford to walk away from my job without holiday pay, etc that I was entitled to. Morgtgages, fule bills, etc. don't pay themselves.

Invoking the pay rise would stain his legendary status though and I can't see Ally doing that.

Going by some of the posts on here some are hell bent on demonising him no matter the outcome.

I'd be happy if he took a pay off at his current salary or less. I know I couldn't afford to walk away from my job without holiday pay, etc that I was entitled to. Morgtgages, fule bills, etc. don't pay themselves.

Invoking the pay rise would stain his legendary status though and I can't see Ally doing that.

Going by some of the posts on here some are hell bent on demonising him no matter the outcome.

:lol:

You really think McCoist after making more than £2 million from his time managing here not including penny shares is going to be stuck for money thus Needing a pay off?

Fucking hell

:lol:

You really think McCoist after making more than £2 million from his time managing here not including penny shares is going to be stuck for money thus Needing a pay off?

Fucking hell

I'm not privy to his bank account details. Are you?

At the end of the day the board signed the contract and are legally and morally obliged to offer to pay what is due.

Some people go on about charles green deserving his inflated pay off for "saving" Rangers football club, but lets not forget the man that saved our titles and you cant put a price on history. We're all glad to hopefully see the back of his managerial tenure but the man himself is a legend and not this season but the previous 2 helped this bunch of idiots on sell season tickets. Alot of fans looked to ally during the dark days of administration and then season book time. Most of us have been guilty of insulting him but I think we should stop it with "leech and spiv" etc.

Maybe you could explain why you don't share that theory, and perhaps you could sway a few?

I'd love to be wrong about him, I'm just worried I'm not.

its just my gut feeling. Other peoples instincts tell them different. I believe McCoist wants whats best for Rangers and taking the action he has is not for selfish reasons. Until we know more its foolish to speculate but being a fool I say he has maybe asked for some help in the transfer window,been told we have to sell not buy and he feels he cant gaurentee promotion. Maybe he's got wind of a replacement being lined up, maybe he's trying to force the board to be more open about future plans or maybe he's just sick of the abuse he gets. Dont think this will change anyones view as I said its just my gut feeling Ally wants whats best for Rangers.

If he walks for nothing then fair play, you realise the game is over and it is better for all to have someone with new ideas in charge.

If it turns out a big wad of cash goes walking with him, at this time of our need, then I won't forget that in a hurry. Entitled to the money or not, he is meant to be a Ranges man and a legend, well legends would not hurt the club or the fans.

I posed a question in another thread but wondered what the general consensus would be.

I think I'm fairly safe in assuming that just about every Rangers fan would want Ally to walk away for free this week, rather than taking the pay increase. And I've seen plenty of posts asking him to "do the right thing" and "walk away with dignity." There have also been plenty of posters stating his reputation with them is at stake when he makes that decision.

So, should he decide to walk away for nothing this week, (remembering he could've done just that on Friday and killed the debate) would you revere him for "doing the right thing?"

I want him to make that decision. I want him to walk for free, but I have an issue with revering him for it. The issue I have is just that he could've done that Friday, so why not? Why would he walk for free this week after being publically embarrassed by the release of his pay increase, when that could've been avoided?

It just makes me think that if he does walk away, he's done it because of that leaked pay increase and therefor if it wasn't released, he'd have hung on for a payout. Whether he deserves that or not is a different debate.

Some will say, he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't by my logic. I can accept that. But I honestly believe he's made this rod for his own back, probably by taking poor advice and trying to force an issue with the Board without the foresight of the damage this released info would cause his case.

What's your position on it?

If he walked away for nothing I'd greatly admire the gesture. Can't see it though because I sense he is at war with the board and the price of victory is a handsome pay off.

It,s not Ally,s behaviour that upsets me, it is the so called supporters. Some of the comments and opinions expressed have been disgusting. The manager has resigned, legend of our club has

admitted defeat and will now discuss his settlement with the board. This is the sad part.

It,s not Ally,s behaviour that upsets me, it is the so called supporters. Some of the comments and opinions expressed have been disgusting. The manager has resigned, legend of our club has

admitted defeat and will now discuss his settlement with the board. This is the sad part.

its just my gut feeling. Other peoples instincts tell them different. I believe McCoist wants whats best for Rangers and taking the action he has is not for selfish reasons. Until we know more its foolish to speculate but being a fool I say he has maybe asked for some help in the transfer window,been told we have to sell not buy and he feels he cant gaurentee promotion. Maybe he's got wind of a replacement being lined up, maybe he's trying to force the board to be more open about future plans or maybe he's just sick of the abuse he gets. Dont think this will change anyones view as I said its just my gut feeling Ally wants whats best for Rangers.

what is good for Rangers is to get mccoist to fuck away from ibrox. You wouldn't let the useless cunt near a supermarket never mind a transfer market. Mccoist is the enemy within,he is a godsend to everyone who hates us and is the single biggest danger to our very existence. We go on about legends and how they deserve special treatment well if you listen to that other cunt john brown "I couldn't care less what the fans think" that is what these guys actually think of us,we are a cash cow nothing more nothing less. The fact that non entities like foster.black,law and moshni have been allowed to abuse the fans and get away with it tells you all you need to know about mccoist and his merry band. I can't believe how easy mccoist has had it due to a mixture of apathy and his so called legendary status.

The sad part is we had a clean slate, a huge budget and three years to develop....instead we've gone back by a decade. That's the "sad part."

No mate the sad part is a legend and a man with the clubs best interests at heart has to even discuss a settlement.

I'm sure someone could lay out just how much money he's had over the last 4 years even without his 750 grand.

Willing to bet its similar to Charlie and all the rest.

what is good for Rangers is to get mccoist to fuck away from ibrox. You wouldn't let the useless cunt near a supermarket never mind a transfer market. Mccoist is the enemy within,he is a godsend to everyone who hates us and is the single biggest danger to our very existence. We go on about legends and how they deserve special treatment well if you listen to that other cunt john brown "I couldn't care less what the fans think" that is what these guys actually think of us,we are a cash cow nothing more nothing less. The fact that non entities like foster.black,law and moshni have been allowed to abuse the fans and get away with it tells you all you need to know about mccoist and his merry band. I can't believe how easy mccoist has had it due to a mixture of apathy and his so called legendary status.

People saying a couple of weeks ago,we need to find the money to get rid of the manager even if we have to sell players to fund this. Now he has handed in his notice the same people are outraged that he may take some sort of payment to go, Some people are never happy

Dragged the club down during his tenure as manager, has now come to the realization that he needs to leave yet wants a pay-off for his failures?? Given the cash he has already had out of the club, I find his actions to be more than sad.