McCoist on Gardening Leave; McDowall in Charge Until End of Season

haie

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i hope this works out but as i said earlier Ashley will not be looking for immediate returns ...just slashing budgets ....he works in mysterious ways in his businesses often taking stakes in rival firms and waiting .... I hope to hell this works out ... rather have seen someone with proven experience of promotion/relegation fights.... one thing is for sure we need to get behind him because a bad start and we might be struggling to finish second....

You were there when we needed you. Thank you for that. Enjoy the well earned rest.

Yeah Ally, enjoy your 'well earned' rest. At least you'll not be short of a bob or two while you wait on the next stint of Question of Sport getting filmed. Club Legends don't milk the cow till its fucking dry, he was there in his hour of need, not ours.

I'm sorry how come you people are all happy with the fact McCoist is going to sit on his arse for 12 months doing fuck all, all while scrounging £750k from us, Paul Le Guen was a better man than the supposed massive Rangers fan in Ally is it seems.

This is being criminally overlooked and Ally played a blinder here. He should have done what PLG done after raith rovers shambles. Sad to see someone so drenched in our history leave but he is definately not the man I thought he was.

I think it's almost inconceivable that McDowall will hold the position for a long. If he were to do so, it would genuinely seem to be the case that McCoist 'jumped' - for personal or familial reasons - because there isn't any sense, from the board's perspective, in paying his salary in order to appoint his assistant. If we have no option but to appoint McDowall, this must surely be considered a 'loss' for the board.

I wish Kenny all the best in his new role, not confident in him but you never know, it might work out. McCoist will be earning close to £800000 for doing fuck all and people are calling him super and wishing him all the best. Wtf?

Crazy isn't it.

I think everyone on here wanted Ally to be a success with the possible exception of Media House employees. It didnt work out unfortunately. Now we just need to get rid of these people on the board with number one targets the Easdales and that incompetent Somers!!

Very sad it has ended this way. McCoist was a legend to me when he took over as manager.

It's regrettable he never got the chance to have a proper go for the top flight title. I think overall he didn't do a particularly good job for us but the circumstances in which he managed were so far removed from what any other Rangers manager has had to face, its sad as I said he never got a proper chance to compete for the SPL title.

I think it's right he goes and I hope a reasonable settlement can be reached in regards to his wages. If he cares about the club as much as he preaches then he won't demand every last penny that he's contractually entitled to.

On McDowall I'm underwhelmed by the appointment, but its dictated by finances and it would be wrong to pre-judge him (tu)

What does gardening leave actually mean? I assume he's still technically on the books until his contract expires but what does it mean regarding wages? Does he get any at all or is he completely unpaid?

It means he gets paid for not doing any work for the remainder of his notice period, I guess because they can't afford to give him his notice pay now.

I wish Kenny all the best in his new role, not confident in him but you never know, it might work out. McCoist will be earning close to £800000 for doing fuck all and people are calling him super and wishing him all the best. Wtf?

We have no idea what has or will be agreed.

Personally I don't have to instantly assume the worst about people I like and respect.

I never had any confidence that Ally would make a good Rangers manager,but he deserved the time and the support to prove otherwise.It's very sad for all concerned that it unfortunately never worked out because after what that man had to put up with regards boardroom lunacy it would have given me great pleasure that such a legend as a player could have taken us back to the pinnacle of Scottish football.

Ally will be missed in many ways and I wish him all the best for the future, no matter what he does; Thanks for the memores as a player Mr McCoist and for your efforts as manager when our club was in the greatest need of a figurehead to show the world Rangers were not dead.

Le Guen was punted after falling out with half the squad, shite results and engineering himself the PSG job which he was appointed to the following week. PLG never resigned. Nor did he have a clause in his deal stipulating that he'd have to give 12 months notice if he resigned.

doesnt matter, PLG signed a 3 year deal, he was due 2 and a half years salary when he "mutually left"

he took absolutely nothing, this was a guy with nothing but a 6 month connection to the club, a club that he probably felt shafted him over with regards to the players and the fans attitudes towards his ideas

and yet he took not a dime from us

Ally is still taking 750k from us unless he finds other work