McCoist on Gardening Leave; McDowall in Charge Until End of Season

haie

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really sorry it didn't work out for him. Still a legend in my book. All the best to him for the future.

Can't help but feel that yet another cornerstone of our club is gone.

Obviously I hope we get through all this and continue back to the top but we need to remember that we are still here in no small way because of Ally's efforts in the past few years.

Means we will end up paying two managers one to sit or his arse the other to mop up his mess.

The way we have dragged this out so far I think there'll be more news on this in the coming weeks.

We don't know what deal will end up being agreed upon.

I would like to see us go for McCall now. I know some are tired of the 'rangers man' angle, but even aside from that he performed miracles on a shoestring at Motherwell, finishing best of the rest on three occasions, and gubbed the taigs a few times. He knows how to operate in the top flight and will get us there straight away, if not via the title then through the play offs. A street wise manager who will ensure we are well equipped to deal with the overrated Deila side in February too.

He is exactly the man we need to see us through the next two or three years, when building stability after the mess of the last three years is the main priority. Those wanting a big name or a side playing free flowing football need to get their head out of the clouds, this is where we are now and we have to make the very best of what we've got. McCall has proved he is exactly the man to be able to do it for me.