Why not advertise for new Manager

Alec87

Instead of targeting someone, why don't we advertise the post and see who comes forward. I reckon there could be some very decent candidates.

We don't need to advertise, every person who's inrerested will have contacted the Rangers board via their agents within the last month.

I don't think DL is the type of CEO that would go out on a financial limb and advertise until he knew what was affordable. Adding expense when he is on a campaign to reduce costs would - I think - not be a natural risk for him to take. When the certainty of finance is there then and only then might he consider appointing from outside the Club. Besides which if the Board mindset is moving to recognise a real risk that promotion might not be gained this season (certainly winning the Championship is a cause that is all but lost barring a remarkable reverse of fortunes), then a permanent managerial appointment would wait until there is certainty of promotion or not.

I think the point is you don't need to know an exact date to start your planning, the board will have been strategic over this and will already have irons in the fire

Spot on, though keeping him in the dugout for yesterday was strange. I'd have had McDowall in charge against the bottom team, rather than have McCoist in charge and then have a 'new man' going to a team that's played us off the park twice this season.

I'd be gobsmacked if McDowall is indeed in charge for the rest of the season and McCoist serves out his full12months on gardening leave.

Spot on, though keeping him in the dugout for yesterday was strange. I'd have had McDowall in charge against the bottom team, rather than have McCoist in charge and then have a 'new man' going to a team that's played us off the park twice this season.

I'd be gobsmacked if McDowall is indeed in charge for the rest of the season and McCoist serves out his full12months on gardening leave.

No chance of McDowell being there long, there will be a clear out once a new manager is in place. One of The biggest criticsm the board have of McCoist was his loyalty to king.... They won't trust anyone who has ties with McCoist. The board now have all the aces with McCoists severance deal and he will be clever enough to realise he will have to take a vastly reduced pay off

I guess it's because we're not financially stable at the moment and wont be for the foreseeable future. That kind of situation isn't going to make it easy to convince someone to leave a job to come to us. The story should hopefully be better by the summer.