Andy Murdoch

TylerDurden

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually thought he did well tonight, miles more effective than black, looked fit and hungry, yes he was overwhelmed at times but give him some games and he'll get over that, partnership with Hutton (on tonights form) could do us a turn till the end of the season imo, unless one of these Newcastle boys is decent in midfield!

He was poor for the first goal...should have cleared it, couldn't see if he slipped or was just slow from where I was sitting.

However he looked composed on the ball and offered a bit of quality. In from now on for me.

A little harsh IMO regarding goal. It broke in the 6 yard box and not a central defender in sight.

Overall, tidy, never shirked from a challenge, some delightful balls and generally appears a much better option to black as he actually looks to make a forward pass.

Makes me wonder had we introduced telfer, Murdoch, Gallagher et al earlier we might have some shining lights this season and beyond

Toon boy way off the pace though obviously talented he needs to stop sauntering around and speed up.

I agree, it's amazing the different opinions that come out from watching the same game, I thought Vuckic had flashes of good play but he was nowhere to be seen for large parts of the game and during one attack seemed to be hiding behind 3 Hibs players rather than making himself available to receive the ball.

Murdoch on the other hand I thought looked decent, similar to some other youngsters who have appeared in that he appears to have better control of the ball and passing ability than our seasoned professionals. Want sure he was particularly comfortable playing as deep as he was for most parts but I'm not sure what type of midfielder he's meant to be. There was a point where he slipped and got back on his feet to chase back as quick as he went down and it made me think how many times I've see Ian Black slip and just stay on the deck or inexplicably untie his laces and tie them again

Didn't see anything to get excited about, I'm afraid. Another one paced midfielder who plays it neat and tidy but never likely to hurt the opposition where it matters. Typical product of our youth program tbh.

Interesting conclusion to come to after one game.

#giveyouthachance.