Andy Murdoch

TylerDurden

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The boy done well. Some good passes and not afraid to get stuck in. Would like to see much the same team for the next game. Robinson is a much better kicker than Simonsen and isn't afraid to come off his line. Boyd should be dropped, he's too slow, won very few headers, and the chances he's missed......give Nicky Clark a start, he cant be any worse that's for sure.

He was poor.

The situation got the better of him and he struggled. He improved in the second half. I'd give him a run of games and see if he improves, Black is shite because he's shite, Murdoch's nerves will go away.

I must have been watching a different game. I thought he did really well and was one of our best players last night.

It was a strange game to throw him into, but that doesn't surprise me with mastermind McDowall.

He settled into the game, but if I'm ignoring the fact that he's a young boy; he played a huge part in their first and the first-half past him by, big time. If I'm appreciating his age, he grew as the game went on.

I'm by no means an expert on our youth, but one of my mate's nephews plays for the under-14s, so I've managed to take in a few development games.

I first saw Murdoch at Cambuslang in 2012, along with Aird, Sinnamon and man of the match, incredibly, Andy Mitchell.

Murdoch, Sinnamon, etc. are alright, decent young players, but they're getting a lot of undue praise and calls-for-starts based purely on how bad our first team are performing.

It's true I wonder how many of our young players would have shown up well at the end of last season given the chance. It was at that point I finally gave up on McCoist . I just wonder how many of them will look to move so they get a chance.Gallacher must be getting fed up Sinnamon also has never been given a chance and I suspect the 2 young CB will move on

It was a strange game to throw him into, but that doesn't surprise me with mastermind McDowall.

He settled into the game, but if I'm ignoring the fact that he's a young boy; he played a huge part in their first and the first-half past him by, big time. If I'm appreciating his age, he grew as the game went on.

I'm by no means an expert on our youth, but one of my mate's nephews plays for the under-14s, so I've managed to take in a few development games.

I first saw Murdoch at Cambuslang in 2012, along with Aird, Sinnamon and man of the match, incredibly, Andy Mitchell.

Murdoch, Sinnamon, etc. are alright, decent young players, but they're getting a lot of undue praise and calls-for-starts based purely on how bad our first team are performing.

So what do you suggest? Keep on playing the 'first team' players that are constantly under performing, or give some of the young lads a chace?

Murdoch has been captaining the youth team and was captain of the u20 team that won the youth cup final and has been doing really well, so deserves his chance. Do you think Telfer was an alright, decent player?

So what do you suggest? Keep on playing the 'first team' players that are constantly under performing, or give some of the young lads a chace?

Murdoch has been captaining the youth team and was captain of the u20 team that won the youth cup final and has been doing really well, so deserves his chance. Do you think Telfer was an alright, decent player?

I would agree Telfer and his family appear to be big Rangers supporters and he only left because he was not given an opportunity. The only way you find out is by giving these young boys a chance. This should have happened over the last 3 years and the only 2.this has been done with was McLeod and Aird. Last season with the league won Daly knackered Ally would not give Gallacher a long run in the team I reall despair at how this club has been run and I am not even talking about board level. The only reason I can think was Ally wanted his pals to get their appearance money

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a chance; what I mean is that, in a period when we desperately need wins, Murdoch isn't going to swan in and lead us to victory.

I'm not trying to bash youth, but I suppose I'm going down the route that Walter took when trying to save ten-in-a-row; favouring players who have been there and done it, given the circumstances and pressure.

Telfer looked good when I seen him, but I don't think you could vision him being SPL Young Player of the Month in a year or so. Dundee United obviously know what they're doing with youth.

Tbh even though we lost I think we should be more than happy about the performance against Hibs, I would rather lose and play well than lose and play shit, Just wish our fucking strikers would operate and for ones in awhile we have actually dominated a midfield, a lot of these guys have played together for the first time in a while, they can hopefully only improve, for me it is robinson over simo everyday of the week, well until bell is fit.

I don't care if he had a good or bad game. I am just pleased he got a game. Our squad is shite. Morale is rock bottom but guys like Murdoch are our future. Many in our support just can't get their head round this idea. The days of spending and wasting millions on average under achieving players is gone...or should be. And

this is what concerns me about King getting in.

Murdoch will hopefully sit down with the squad and watch a re run of the game. Highlighting his good and bad areas. What he needs to improve on or simply be more

aware of in the next game.

I would much rather persevere with Murdoch than the likes of Black or the equally anonymous shitebag that is Law.

I would agree Telfer and his family appear to be big Rangers supporters and he only left because he was not given an opportunity. The only way you find out is by giving these young boys a chance. This should have happened over the last 3 years and the only 2.this has been done with was McLeod and Aird. Last season with the league won Daly knackered Ally would not give Gallacher a long run in the team I reall despair at how this club has been run and I am not even talking about board level. The only reason I can think was Ally wanted his pals to get their appearance money

One major difference I notice between Telfer at United and 'A N Other' at Rangers is that is the confidence Telfer now demonstrates something I attribute to good coaching, in fact thie whole team oozes confidence. Contrast with the what we have to endure week in week out. Hard to throw a youngster into a team with no confidence, no interest and no pride.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a chance; what I'm not trying to bash youth, but I suppose I'm going down the route that Walter took when trying to save ten-in-a-row; favouring players who have been there and done it, given the circumstances and pressure.

A. We ended the 10-in-a-row season without a Championship

B. The players were top experienced players, that had been there and done it, but were moving on in terms of age

C. The current players have never demonstrated the quality or attitude to be relied on

Why would you rely on them, when the constantly let you down?