Classless And Undignified.

SkiBunny

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Referring to our fans as classless, undignified, disrespectful, cunts and others. I mean really, who does that?...

Just a fishing trip do not bite, if the op such an expert on HM Forces I suggest instead of a potato peeler and cheese grater he shows us his campaign medals cause there is many on here who took the Falklands which was the last real hand to hand combat and I have nothing but respect for my brothers.

In your original 10 green bottles ski bunny i suggest you get over it and stop being a wee boy and if you have a drama then contact every serving and ex forces person on here for a wee lesson in what its like to be on the end of our forces rath and i bet you will soon change yer tune!

personally I like the ten bombers song as it is a breath of fresh air compared to those blasted songs about famines and having blood up to me knees; those songs really upset me to the point that my bottom lip quivers uncontrolliably by jove

right I can't type and wring my hands frantically at the same time so I better go

I'm ex Royal Air Force, and you find me embarrassing.

I served in Kosovo, Kuwait, Falklands,Belize, Germany 6 years defending against Russia and the IRA, and you think we shouldn't sing songs about the RAF.

We will sing about our forces proudly and no one will stop us.

12 years RAF Regt and 6 years Army.

End of debate for me!!!!

This opinion is the one that matters to me!!!

Top man Nachothelegend

I think it is relevant to consider the motivation of those that sing it rather than try to append Inigo's thoughts to the song.

I would propose that the fans singing it are celebrating the achievement of the RAF against a superior enemy in numbers and equipment, representing that British spirit so often caught by Churchills quotes.

I would further propose the fans are not thinking of specific individuals be shot out the air and plunging 25000 ft whilst still alive and waiting on the final impact that will claim their lives, despite that being the reality.

Why do we not sing about 9 in a row?

Why do we not sing about Laudrup or Gazza?

People talk about 'traditions' and 'culture'; our club has more than enough of its own great history to sing about!

'The year was '97 back at Tannadice' ring any bells?

There are a number of songs in the repertoire about the history of the club and '10 German bombers' isn't heard that much, in my experience, at home games.

Fuck me you can get 20 pages on any auld shite on here!

Most of my threads top 20 or 30 pages cause they're well thought out, they stimulate thought and they spark debate. There's few posters on here that can produce stuff to this level.

In a way you're lucky to have me on here.

Cheers.

Most of my threads top 20 or 30 pages cause they're well thought out, they stimulate thought and they spark debate. There's few posters on here that can produce stuff to this level.

Cheers.

. . . and very humble too !

Cheers.

Youve just confirmed what I thought.

Attention seeker.

Its a shite song to honest. bit of a dirge.

People will always sing what they want, i thought collymore got more attention than he deserved as well he's a nobody.

was in bar in Barcelona a few years back after an England game - had to listern to it for about two hours non stop!! Shot down more than ten that night!!

Only read the first couple of pages, as I don't have time to go through them all, so this has most likely been written already.

But the OPs reference to Rangers fans only starting singing this song after England fans in 2006 is utter piss.

The Bears were singing it in Brugges on our CL trip in 92/93.

So that line is false from the OP. (tu)

FFS I thought I had seen everything in here then this and 20 fuckin pages?????? Christ have we signed thone Croatian lad from Vienna yet? Can we sing a wee song about it, there were 10 Croatian strikers in the air.....