Best Trip To England To See The Bears (Apart Fae Manchester)

Always a truly amazing experience but for me Stuart McCall's Testimonial at Bradford with the 9 in a row side tops them all :thumbup:

Its said a lot how great our travelling support is but that day we were fkng immense :praise:

Always remember leaving on the bus and seeing the faces of our Asian Brethren (take a lesson CG) :uk: as our bus rocked :crabflute:

These are trips every Bear should make with their son :21: or daughter for memories to last a lifetime.

this for me also ..never forget the 9 in a row song it must have lasted over half an hour the Bradford fans were sitting there looking as if to say wtf..amazing day and great atmosphere from the Bears

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep CB whole second half fkng magic :7325: had it in my head for weeks after it

Thought it was the whole day was a bit hazy in places :lol: remember a wee guy in a pub throwing me a bag of speed that would've choked a horse shouting help yourself as a thank you for keeping the non Brits in their homes for the day.

Getting back on the bus and trying to get it on 2 wheels going round a roundabout and the window popping out was fucking Baltic by the time we got home.

Aston Villa in 1976 was an experience.

This was my first trip as a 16 year old and one of the guys I went with never came home until 3 months later. I was at anothe at the Dell for some trainer who had been there for decades which was a great trip. Leeds in the CL was a great trip but a lonely one. My favourite was Sunderland.

Manchester ................. 1974 ( I think). Beat United 3-2 in a friendly on cup quarter final day North and South of the border. We had both been knocked out so arranged a friendly. Tommy Docherty was United manager then. He knew what we were all about. Prematch tannoy blasting out Rangers and orange favourites.

Tommy Doc is a tim mate, wouldn't have been his choice.

Ipswich, what a mess.

First thing I saw driving into Ipswich was a bear with a bottle of vodka in his hand coming out of Sainsburys. Got to car park (little place I knew from going to Ipswich games) and it was full of bears, guy on gate said 'thought Ipswich were at home'!!

Stopped at Tesco on way home and booze aisle was full of bears stripping the shelves!

Was interested to see the Stuart McCall Testimonial specially since he's our new manager, and managed to find highlights on youtube. Looked like an awesome day (tu)

(tu) Cheers JS watching that there was class, Gazza, Abertz, Walters, the saves fae Gorman...... 9 in A row sung awe day as CB said the day has always been a bit of a blur but it was as per a great day out for the Bears :7325:

Has to be fulham for me.first time my boys had seen the Rangers.and the support. Fuckin hell man.! I had been telling these wee bairns what a people we are since they could breathe, they were 12 and 9 at the time and we made a massive flag with Alex 12, ESSEX LOYAL. To celebrate my big boys birthday that day. The only reaso it had taken so long for them to see the bears was my divorce from their mum and the fact I was a casual at the time, but I promised her I wouldnt get into trouble, and that the weans would be safe, I had to virtually beg her to let the boys go, she gave in.

the underground trai stopped for what was ages on the way to the ground, I al most complete quiet us and a few bears on the train heard the sudden loudening sound of the sash coming through the station towards the train, then they emerged, fuckin hundreds of bears, friendly and brilliant in their song. The wee bairns faces were a picture as the hordes boarded the train" this is yer people boys, this is yer da and his da and his maw and his cousins sister and auntie, yer uncles and yer granny, my maw and sister, come here ya wee fuckers!"

I lifted them up and gave them the biggest I love ye hug any da could give his weans as the bouncy started then GSTQ, then every other saturday , the 3 of us belted it out with the throngs, then alex started follow follow, a few joined in, then it seemed like everybody did.so many things that day, but I would be writing all night, and you dont want to read my pish so,

The Rangers Support lived up to and bypassed anything I had preachex to my essex born weans, they are as staunch as any glaswegian bear , and they know why , thanks to our people.

No Surrender

Rab

Aston Villa.......always remember this numpty running up from other end of pitch with Irish Tricolour.....he got to half way line and suddenly realised it wasn't one of his better decisions..Bears by the plenty BOUNDING OVER THE HOARDINGS running at him......automatic reverse lol lol I think we were 2-0 down in first 15mins....ended up a riot lol lol

We got told by Polis to be out of Birmingham by 5pm. We ended up in Blackpool....going down big dipper with Union Flag... lo lol Aghhhh the memories.. :7325::7325::7325:

Has to be fulham for me.first time my boys had seen the Rangers.and the support. Fuckin hell man.! I had been telling these wee bairns what a people we are since they could breathe, they were 12 and 9 at the time and we made a massive flag with Alex 12, ESSEX LOYAL. To celebrate my big boys birthday that day. The only reaso it had taken so long for them to see the bears was my divorce from their mum and the fact I was a casual at the time, but I promised her I wouldnt get into trouble, and that the weans would be safe, I had to virtually beg her to let the boys go, she gave in.

the underground trai stopped for what was ages on the way to the ground, I al most complete quiet us and a few bears on the train heard the sudden loudening sound of the sash coming through the station towards the train, then they emerged, fuckin hundreds of bears, friendly and brilliant in their song. The wee bairns faces were a picture as the hordes boarded the train" this is yer people boys, this is yer da and his da and his maw and his cousins sister and auntie, yer uncles and yer granny, my maw and sister, come here ya wee fuckers!"

I lifted them up and gave them the biggest I love ye hug any da could give his weans as the bouncy started then GSTQ, then every other saturday , the 3 of us belted it out with the throngs, then alex started follow follow, a few joined in, then it seemed like everybody did.so many things that day, but I would be writing all night, and you dont want to read my pish so,

The Rangers Support lived up to and bypassed anything I had preachex to my essex born weans, they are as staunch as any glaswegian bear , and they know why , thanks to our people.

No Surrender

Rab

Can remember the rangers fans taking over a big town hall type of place across from one of the subway stations that day , as kick off time approached everyone was out in the street giving it the bouncy and all the Chinese tourists were running out the underground and Burger King above it to get photos of the bears .

Aston Villa.......always remember this numpty running up from other end of pitch with Irish Tricolour.....he got to half way line and suddenly realised it wasn't one of his better decisions..Bears by the plenty BOUNDING OVER THE HOARDINGS running at him......automatic reverse lol lol I think we were 2-0 down in first 15mins....ended up a riot lol lol

We got told by Polis to be out of Birmingham by 5pm. We ended up in Blackpool....going down big dipper with Union Flag... lo lol Aghhhh the memories.. :7325::7325::7325:

Our bus stayed till midnight although a lot of the Bears bailed out, I remember some Brigton boys inviting us to join them as they left for the Apprentice Boys club in Liverpool.

From what I recall we got into the city centre on a local bus, a few Bears suggested to the driver that's where he was going, and not to stop,for any other passengers on the way .

In the centre we weren't allowed. In to any pubs, but we eventually got into the Midland Hotel,and found a full scale sash bash in progress. The police had moved all the remaining buses to outside the police HQ, when we finally got away there was about half a dozen Bears from our bus missing in action.

Best trip was newcastle the place was buzzing with gers fans, and also the arsenal tournament where we went for the two days and stayed for five. Great trips. The eufa final has to be the daddy of all trips and I hope to see that amount of support in one city again in the future.

What happened with Villa in the 70's?

My Da ran a bus from the drum all the boys from up the hill went on it,

i remember that we couldn't fill it ( about 10 seats short ) so we had to chip in some more money before the fkin driver would move :rolleyes:

Anyway,down at Birmingham i remember having a game of fitba in the bull ring it was about 100 a side and,all the shoppers must have thought we were mental ( we probably were then ) got drunk and went to the game.

We were up the back at our end i can't remember the name ot it,there was a barney with the polis they were trying to lift someone and some boys were throwing bottles at the polis,at the back there was some stairs and they were full of smashed glass which the polis dragged the lads down.

Then the riot started and i never got on the pitch as we were at the back but it looked great from where we were :21: our bus left just before midnight minus a few but nobody got lifted.

Not Rangers....attended Everton v Chelsea .......Chelsea fans were brilliant with us (a few RSCs travelled down) had my first pint in the provincial club and met the notorious headhunters ( nice guys really)

This and Manchester will live with me till my dying day

got to be sheffield from beginning to end

friendliest bunch of natives I've ever met

the Wednesday fans applauded us at the end of the game

and that memory will live with me forever

still get goosebumps thinking about it

Yep, I was down at Newcastle and Manchester but Sheffield was unreal.

The bouncy on the tram was fucking top notch then when we got outside the ground we were already melted and spotted the coppers, thought we would be refused entry but they were brilliant with us. Singing non stop, will take a lot to top that.