Mccall Calls On Law

jafrfc

THE NEW manager used his former player Nicky Law as an example of players who have not showcased their full talent at Rangers this season.

Stuart McCall was the midfielder’s boss at Motherwell for two years before the 26-year-old moved to Ibrox and he wants to unleash the player he had at Fir Park for the remainder of the season.

Law is Gers top scorer, having netted ten this term, but he hasn’t scored since he reached that mark on January 10 against Alloa.

McCall has called on him and his teammates to come out of their shadows and try and ooze the confidence that has been missing in recent months.

He said: “I know there is more to come from Nicky Law; I know he is the top goal scorer but he can certainly do more and he knows that.

“He looks inhibited and he is in his shadow but he showed in training on Thursday in two or three flashes of what he is capable of and that is what we want him to go and do.

“He’s gone past people like he can do, I don’t want him getting the ball and playing safe but it takes courage, especially when you have fans there that aren’t happy with recent results.

“Hopefully come Saturday we can come together. We have to win the trust of the fans again and the players do because it hasn’t been good enough.

“They might look at excuses – Ally leaving, Kenny then being in charge and then tendering his resignation but they are all excuses and it is down to them to show what they can do.”

As well as Law the former Bradford boss has worked with Lee Wallace and Kenny Miller in his role as a Scotland coach and he is keen to get to know the rest of his new squad.

McCall added: “It can help seeing a few familiar faces when you come to a club but I have spoken just as much to the others.

“You have to get to know the whole squad and the boy Haris Vuckic was outstanding today in training and he seems a nice lad with a good character.

“There are also some young lads in there and it is my job, Kenny’s job and the coaching staff’s job to get the best out of what we’ve got because they are certainly lacking in confidence.

“The results and the performances have shown that but we’ll hopefully get a grip of that.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/8798-mccall-calls-on-law

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right away his language is positive. He is wanting positive things. He isn't talking about "tough" or "hard" or the opposition. He is focusing on his players and instilling a belief and positivity in them. Everything McCoist couldn't do and i repeatedly slated him for it. There are good players at Rangers but they haven't been told that in a long time.

“There are also some young lads in there and it is my job, Kenny’s job and the coaching staff’s job to get the best out of what we’ve got because they are certainly lacking in confidence.

It's called man management and it's something McCoist didn't have.

He's said more positive things in 5 minutes than AM & KM done over 4 year

Just that general freshness of thought is a nice change. The thing is, McCall has to go for it, if it is to work out for him!

Whereas the previous management had got bogged down with all the nonsense. McCall has a very simple task, and not much holding him back.

McCall has picked out Vuckic already and praised him. Funny how a lot of people were trying to say he was shit and he should be sent back to newcastle!!

Talk about working the agenda!

Hopefully those same fans will actually see ALL players as they are and criticize without a level of bias. God these few weeks have been exhausting talking to those particular people on here.

McCall has picked out Vuckic already and praised him. Funny how a lot of people were trying to say he was shit and he should be sent back to newcastle!!

Hopefully those same fans will actually see ALL players as they are and criticize without a level of bias. God these few weeks have been exhausting talking to those particular people on here.

Exactly,some on here wouldn't know a good player from a bad one,especially the ones abroad or watching on TV,you don't get an overall

View of positioning,marking etc

How about everyone starts with a clean slate with all the players?

We have to, because we don't actually know how much McCoist or KM's influence damaged the performance. Like others I'm not expecting a night and day change in performance, but I think it will be more gradual.

One thing's been true though - streete & vuckic look like very good players from what we've seen of them.

C'mon Stuarty....what do you take us for?

What about some of the real issues that Ally and Kenny faced and you wouldn't have a Scooby on how to deal with them!

Examples

Having to sign a contract worth 750K basic per year and just signing without reading it?

Playing when it is too cold

Playing when it is too windy

Playing on artificial pitches

Playing when Chaz Green slags off your team

Getting criticised for hosting a karaoke party and starring in it after a humiliating Ramsdens Cup Final defeat

Largest wage bill in Scotland outside CFC

1 million penny shares that cost 10K now worth 350K

Criticised by infidels on the noble art of hoofball.

playing div 4 and then SPFL div 2 sides who wouldn't roll over

Playing a player that bets against his own team

Struggle by on 15K per week trying to do the garden up

Try that Mr McCall and then come back and see how easy it is .......

Exactly,some on here wouldn't know a good player from a bad one,especially the ones abroad or watching on TV,you don't get an overall

View of positioning,marking etc

True, don't know about you, but sometimes I find it more interesting watching the other players that don't have a ball during a game. You can see those who are not bothering to get into positions to take a pass and those who are able to read the game. It's quite eye opening.

We have to, because we don't actually know how much McCoist or KM's influence damaged the performance. Like others I'm not expecting a night and day change in performance, but I think it will be more gradual.

One thing's been true though - streete & vuckic look like very good players from what we've seen of them.

I have no grudge to bear against anyone, it was never these Newcastle players fault how they came in to the club and the stories about guaranteed games and stuff. In the same breath, the same should go for Foster, Black, McCulloch, etc.

No chance.

They can get us up then get to fuck out our great club because they don't deserve to be here.

But aye let's forget how they have taken the piss out the paying supporter for 3 years now..

FFS.

No chance.

They can get us up then get to fuck out our great club because they don't deserve to be here.

But aye let's forget how they have taken the piss out the paying supporter for 3 years now..

FFS.

If it's been the shite management that prevented the players from playing and has fucked the players confidence then I'm quite happy to give them a second chance.

True, don't know about you, but sometimes I find it more interesting watching the other players that don't have a ball during a game. You can see those who are not bothering to get into positions to take a pass and those who are able to read the game. It's quite eye opening.

Yep,I watched mcgregor on Tuesday for a good 20mins of the first half,the amount of times he drifts in to ch position was unbelievable

Law was effectively a right back for most of that half,your playing right back FFs just watch your man,same with zaliukas if you watch him

Closely he never marks a man ,ball watches and charges out to the half way line,and then he's out of position!

If it's been the shite management that prevented the players from playing and has fucked the players confidence then I'm quite happy to give them a second chance.

Nope.

It's amazing how they are let off the hook now by some folk.

Utter madness.

Aye it was Ally's fault Boyd couldn't put the ball in the net.

It was Kenny's fault Law is hiding every other week.

These are pro footballers, not weans. :lol: