Let's Fill The Place On Saturday

Thermopylae

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are we going to start supporting this team yet? The team is starting to show something with wee McCall at it's head. It's starting to show that it can win promotion. We should be getting behind them and filling the stadium for the last few matches, helping push the positive momentum.

I'm sorry, but 30 odd thousand for the next few games as it was today would be a pretty poor effort in the circumstances.

The team are doing their bit now, over to you, Bears....

Are we going to start supporting this team yet? The team is starting to show something with wee McCall at it's head. It's starting to show that it can win promotion. We should be getting behind them and filling the stadium for the last few matches, helping push the positive momentum.

I'm sorry, but 30 odd thousand for the next few games as it was today would be a pretty poor effort in the circumstances.

Agreed...what I hear from a few people now is that they are waiting until next season until the football gets better. The board dispute wasn't the main driver, the shite football on show made everything a whole lot worse.

I actually seen smiling today. Fucking brilliant

Agreed...what I hear from a few people now is that they are waiting until next season until the football gets better. The board dispute wasn't the main driver, the shite football on show made everything a whole lot worse.

I actually seen smiling today. Fucking brilliant

Hmm. Customers more than supporters. I take it they've never heard of doing their bit for the cause!?

You know what'll help get better football next season? Getting off your arse and going to Ibrox for the rest of the season!

Ach its the same old shite,there's a section of our fanbase who i'd call fairweather fans(or glory hunters) who'll only come back when we're winning trophies. Its been like that for as long as i can remember. Some will turn out in the pishing rain to watch shite football and support the club through the lean times. Then there's a bunch who won't but they'll pour oot the woodwork for a Rangers v bheasts game. ;)

Hmm. Customers more than supporters. I take it they've never heard of doing their bit for the cause!?

You know what'll help get better football next season? Getting off your arse and going to Ibrox for the rest of the season!

I go to Ibrox.

Just passing on what I heard, not condoning it.

I was a bit surprised when the official attendance was given at just over 32500. From where I was sat it didn't feel like as much as that and looking again at the game on RTV today there were a lot of empty spaces. But those that do the counting are doubtless good at counting so just over 32500 it is.

A few seasons ago - when a lot of the football was still poor - we were setting attendances routinely at over 40000. And there were Board issues in those days too - in fact we've never been away from high visibility Board issues for years and years now. Clearly a lot of the Support is still staying away even though Board stuff is stabalising and a new manager is getting some decent play out of the team and the prospect of promotion this season is still there. That leaves a big 'how come' question.

Analysing the causes of continuing to stay away, or speculating about the causes is one thing. And it could probably keep an army of people occupied in promoting one theory or another. But to my mind a Board is going to have to lever their backsides of the laurels they have won in securing control of the Club and start to engage in some more effective selling of what they are about and of what the Club is gearing up to do. Personally, I don't think just leaving it to improved performances on the pitch does the trick, nor do I think that orchestrated RTV interviews of Murray (or King) for that matter will do the trick. Wonder how many Supporters who heard Murray's interview or have taken note of the game yesterday and the previous game against Hibs and have been encouraged to buy one of the 4 game STs on sale?

What would I like to see? Directors shoes being taken to the cobblers to be re-soled.

Boots on the ground. My list of stuff Directors could think about doing to sell their vision of Rangers includes:

- Directors out on the Ibrox concourses mixing with Supporters before matches - taking soundings, listening direct, engaging direct.

- Directors out to the Supporters Clubs to put the case for the future of Rangers;

- personal letters (signed individually and not some computer signature) from Directors and the Manager to all current and former ST holders spelling out what they are doing for Rangers;

- invites to ST holders (former and present) to come and sit in the Directors' box on match days;

- Directors taking a stint in the ticket office to sell tickets - and listen first hand to Supporters;

- town hall meetings at Ibrox to engage direct with fans;

- organise a short series of games against former European opponents as a foretaste of what we are aiming to get back to;

- live / interactive podcasts with supporters via RTV;

- find a way to recognise the losses incurred by former shareholders. For example can some free seats be made available as a way of providing some compensation ie former shareholders are allocated free seats on a rota basis and they can take up the offer if they want to.

In short - imo the Directors and CEO/FD when appointed should be doing much more to sell their vision for Rangers and to engage much more directly with the Support. Work harder to drum up the Support.

Totally agree with this.

With the visit of Hearts next week I'm sure we'll see a bigger turnout , let's hope it will convince those that go , to keep coming back for the push for promotion.

The attendances are shite. Getting fed up of it now, we're lucky if about 5000 came back.

Always thought the low attendances were more to do with the quality on show than the boycott.

That's now improving and hopefully so will the attendances because of it.

My worry is that we have lost thousands of fans (for various reasons) who won't be back. McCoist and his shite brand of football being the biggest cause. Yes it is improving but it won't get better until we return to the SPFL. I think the days of 45 to 50k are gone (for now). Fans of all clubs like to see good football and footballers. They want fun and entertainment as well as seeing their team winning. Throughout history most clubs attendances have went up when this happens and go down when it doesn't. We have a hardcore fanbase of around 25k who will turn up week in week out. The rest will return in some shape or form when things improve on and off the park.

There will be more there for the Hearts game and then we only have 2 more after that and surely with the better weather coming in we can fill the place ... I think perhaps too many see Stuart McCall as a motherwell manager and hence not an ambitious appointment but he has made a difference and he deserves all of our support

Some people just use the boardroom dissaray/shite football/shite manager or any other excuse not to go. As I see it a big chunk of our support are fed up with lower division football and will return when we get promoted.

The board should give every current full season ticket holder a few free cup matches for being there in our time of need. I realise there is a cost to that, but cup games are often midweek and do not sell out in the early rounds. Not much to ask for years of loyalty is it?

Some people just use the boardroom dissaray/shite football/shite manager or any other excuse not to go. As I see it a big chunk of our support are fed up with lower division football and will return when we get promoted.

The board should give every current full season ticket holder a few free cup matches for being there in our time of need. I realise there is a cost to that, but cup games are often midweek and do not sell out in the early rounds. Not much to ask for years of loyalty is it?

They'd rather give the credit to the 'boycotters' as there is not as many of them so it's cheaper !