Was Derek Johnstone A Great Ranger?

He scored the winner in fairytale style aged 16 and dined out on that one for a while. Strong player, regular goalscorer and someone who played for the jersey for quite a few years. Big fans favourite too. I've met some that never thought that he was as good as his press but he will always be a favourite player of mine. My fave club servant will always be Colin Jackson but DJ is up there too.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He scored the winner in fairytale style aged 16 and dined out on that one for a while. Strong player, regular goalscorer and someone who played for the jersey for quite a few years. Big fans favourite too. I've met some that never thought that he was as good as his press but he will always be a favourite player of mine. My fave club servant will always be Colin Jackson but DJ is up there too.

One of my all time favourites as a player mate, but over the last few years he amongst others have come down a notch for various reasons due to the things they come away with in the various media outlets.

It will not make me think less of them as players, but as ambassadors of our club they have to be a couple of grades higher.

I agree about Colin Jackson, but for me the best has to be Sandy Jardine as he really epitomised The Rangers spirit, which has been sadly lacking at Ibrox recently.

:uk:

He was and still is my favourite Rangers player, there have been many a lot better but that DJ and Calamero combination was the best, the telepathy between them was superb. If only someone would sit Tempelton down and show him tapes of how to cross a ball.