2015/16 Home Kit Revealed

WATBB

Why are folk blaming SD for the prices? Our tops have been £45 plus for years now, I bought this seasons home top at christmas and it was on sale and it was still £35. Even in 2012 our tops were between £40 and £50. Even when they brought out the pink top for charity (which was worn by the team once I think) it was £45. Nothing to do with Ashley.

And where is the proof that if we undersell we have to pay full price for each top? As some have claimed on here. Ive said numerous times since 2012 I believe people should be banned for posting rumors like this without proof.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are folk blaming SD for the prices? Our tops have been £45 plus for years now, I bought this seasons home top at christmas and it was on sale and it was still £35. Even in 2012 our tops were between £40 and £50. Even when they brought out the pink top for charity (which was worn by the team once I think) it was £45. Nothing to do with Ashley.

And where is the proof that if we undersell we have to pay full price for each top? As some have claimed on here. Ive said numerous times since 2012 I believe people should be banned for posting rumors like this without proof.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/11267030/Rangers-made-only-2000-from-merchandising-deal-with-Mike-Ashleys-Sports-Direct-according-to-Union-of-Fans.html

“In fact, despite the loyalty of the Rangers fans seeing £7.6 million spent on retail in the year covered by the accounts, the club’s share of that spending is a paltry £590,000. That means that for every £10 spent by Rangers fans on merchandise, the club receives only around 75p.

The accounts also reveal that Rangers Retail has an obligation to purchase stock at a higher price than it is able to be sold at. In the second half of the year covered by the accounts it appears that the portion of profit due to the club is an unbelievable £2,000.

“For comparative purposes, the much-maligned JJB agreement, our previous retail deal, made the club a minimum of £4.8 million a year over the term of the deal, over eight times the amount we are making from Sports Direct. Crucially, it is also not clear whether the club has yet received a penny of the £590,000 it is due or whether it is still retained within Rangers Retail.

“Indeed, from inception it would appear that the club has only received £100,000 in dividends from the venture with Sports Direct.

Aye i'll be getting the 3rd division top again. Already have it in long sleeved so I'll get the short sleeved one this time.

That new home one looks cheap as fuck. Plus it's an absolute fucking rip off. Anyone giving them the money for that needs their head looked at.

I'll be buying the top for my weans, but only because my youngest, like most young lads who support Rangers at 10, is desperate to get it first before his mates... He's not let up for weeks about it, been yaking on before he had even seen it
Why should I let that flabby cunt ashley deprive my weans from getting the new top and the sense of pride they feel while wearing it, or tell them their not getting it because big mikes a robbing greedy bastard and most of the money goes to Sports direct... Weans don't give a fuck where the money goes, or who fat mike is, or what quality the top is, they just want to wear the colours.
I probably do need my head looked at though. :)

£60 quid for a puma top wtf ? Anyone know if we're doing ones without sponsors on them this year ?

You do realise this is how Sports Direct market all their gear! They give it a high RRP and make the actual price which is £47.99 seem like a bit of a saving.

This is about the price of our home kits and has been for a while now, picking one up without a doubt.

You do realise this is how Sports Direct market all their gear! They give it a high RRP and make the actual price which is £47.99 seem like a bit of a saving.

This is about the price of our home kits and has been for a while now, picking one up without a doubt.

not just sports direct do it. a lot of businesses do it. just another trick to get your money.

anyway...is the top actually out yet? can't see anything about a release date.

Was going go buy it but refuse £6 for next day delivery or £4 for about a week service.

It's even £4 to pick it up from a local SD. Hopefully they have it in the shop on Saturday and I'll pick it up then :) (should be empty with this boycott eh)

Nice design but I think Puma is now poor quality. Adidas is far superior in that respect.

Everything is made in the same factories, China or India or somewhere cheap as fuck, nae living wage for sure - a bit like Parkhead - the only difference is the labels.

It has really grown on me, as I predicted.

It's a bit unfortunate that I can't buy it until SportsDirect give us a fair and decent deal.

Can I suggest the Boydie one for the fuller figure and of course more for your money. Perhaps a Vuckic version for the more athletic and a Templeton for the kids.

I wonder when the new boards meeting with Sports Direct actually is could it be the day the Home Top actually goes on-sale.

I remember reading last week that it would be within two weeks time.

For the record i have pre-ordered the HomeTop and bought a new Rangers Scarf :P

Was going go buy it but refuse £6 for next day delivery or £4 for about a week service.

It's even £4 to pick it up from a local SD. Hopefully they have it in the shop on Saturday and I'll pick it up then :) (should be empty with this boycott eh)

In the same way Ibrox is sold out every home game now the boycott is over :pipe:

In the same way Ibrox is sold out every home game now the boycott is over :pipe:

:lol:

Have to admit it's the first time I've been up all season. Weekend off as its my birthday and it's a home match :pipe:

I've been looking into it a bit more and it looks like the best way for the club is for fans to put the money directly into the club by other means and boycott the merchandise from Sports Direct completely. Instead of the club making £3 from every jersey sold they get 100% of whatever it is you are buying whether it be tours, tickets, holiday training camps, whatever. Ashley can ram his new t-shirt.

You are an idiot the money still has to be paid to Sports Direct no matter how many tops we sell.

Get Ashley over his threshold so that we actually make money.

You are an idiot the money still has to be paid to Sports Direct no matter how many tops we sell.

Get Ashley over his threshold so that we actually make money.

It's becoming more and more apparent that you my dear have a wee hard on for me.

Make money? From the Sports Direct deal? :uk:

It's becoming more and more apparent that you my dear have a wee hard on for me.

Make money? From the Sports Direct deal? :uk:

I don't remember ever even noticing you before.

Put it this way our club will have to pay for the shirts if they are not sold we had to last year as well

I don't remember ever even noticing you before.

Put it this way our club will have to pay for the shirts if they are not sold we had to last year as well

Indeed but would it not be better and easier for the club to pay for them from say £200 from hospitality or £100 for kids training camps or £60 for match tickets or £40 for stadium tours than it would from the £3 they get from each shirt sold? I would bet my life there is not a contract at the club as heavily biased against the club than the SD deal.

Indeed but would it not be better and easier for the club to pay for them from say £200 from hospitality or £100 for kids training camps or £60 for match tickets or £40 for stadium tours than it would from the £3 they get from each shirt sold? I would bet my life there is not a contract at the club as heavily biased against the club than the SD deal.

What do you suggest we do with it as no matter where the money comes from the SD deal has to be paid first before we get our share