Barry Ferguson - Uefa Cup Run & Sporting Integrity..

Gaz52

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not he point. Surely we should have been afforded the opportunity to do so.

Absolutely. Our lads were running on empty. Given a few days rest, the players would have been fresher and Walter would have had more time to plan for the final. Sure, Zenit had better players but we had a strong team. The SFA's bias (fuelled by you know who) against us cost us the chance of a proper tilt at the Europa League as well as the SPL title.

Also need to factor in extra time & penalties, I'm sure we had 3 games that season that went all the way to penalties

Dundee Utd CIS final

St Johnstone scottish cup semi

AND OF COURSE FLORENCE!

Throw in replays against Partick Thistle and Hibs.

Doubt we would have, Zenit were far too good for us and that Arshavin cunt was unstoppable back then.

We might have stood a chance had we not set up to defend for our lives from the first whistle.

Bollocks!! Werder Bremen, Fiorentina were supposed to be better than us too!

Look at the goals we conceded in that run. Motherwell, Aberdeen, Zenit all deep into the second half. Fuck even QOS got two goals back in the second half! It was a joke we played 8 games in 20 days and fatigue was a huge part in our downfall.

With a full weeks preparation we could have taken that UEFA cup final the whole 120m I'm convinced of that.

Everyone knows they did all they could to fuck us up and have been doing so ever and since as no one at Rangers ever challenges anything they will continue to do all they can to attack us and keep us down. c*ltic got lawyers involved over the wording of a rule when the lurgen bigot got a ban and appealed and won their case. Until the board fight and challenge everything that hinders us, those that hate us will continue to stick the boot in at every opportunity.

2008 was the most Rangers Hated season ever, as our Rivals cancelled Games due to a death of an ex player ,but another Club the dead Man played against, got non including us.

Remember they set us up badly.

Septic got Games postponed v Us, even though the Player didn't play for them any more. Fine they got cancelled, but during that season we didn't.

But we accepted it. Scared to offend who.

But we accepted it. Scared to offend who.

Just check the death of the guy on the pitch, Motherwell v Utd that match Dec 07.

Septic got our game postponed and ,later all games postponed done us in.

They got loads of advantage out of that season, with the SFA, and League change dates to suit them constantly.

We got absolutely naff all cause we have ex Players, and managers who say ok constantly, and never ever come out with anything.

Everyone knows they did all they could to fuck us up and have been doing so ever and since as no one at Rangers ever challenges anything they will continue to do all they can to attack us and keep us down. c*ltic got lawyers involved over the wording of a rule when the lurgen bigot got a ban and appealed and won their case. Until the board fight and challenge everything that hinders us, those that hate us will continue to stick the boot in at every opportunity.

I firmly believe that this treatment is going to come to an end. There will be a reversal in the dominance of Liewell, Regan and Doncaster.

Just look at what is happening right now in the leadership of Scottish football, give them enough rope, eh?

We have to become stronger both fiscally and philosophically to take on the fight. I think the man to lead that fight is John Gilligan, and it will be all the sweeter when it happens.

" He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight.

" He will win who, prepared himself, waits to take the enemy unprepared."

- Sun Tzu.

I think the expression is - "No Surrender !"

Celtic and the SFA disgraced themselves that year when picking and choosing what games Celtic would play following the deaths of O'Donnell and Burns. As for the volume of games we played over that period it was simply a farce and blatant cheating.

Fuck them though - they will all be put back in their place in time.

Nacho novo not starting the game - didnt make any sense the rest is history

that and the rest stays there,

We played in the final and didnt turn up

and even if having to play extra games - no excuse. its gone

Bollocks!! Werder Bremen, Fiorentina were supposed to be better than us too!

Look at the goals we conceded in that run. Motherwell, Aberdeen, Zenit all deep into the second half. Fuck even QOS got two goals back in the second half! It was a joke we played 8 games in 20 days and fatigue was a huge part in our downfall.

With a full weeks preparation we could have taken that UEFA cup final the whole 120m I'm convinced of that.

The players were completely fucked after every match, Anyone could see they were dead on their feet the last 4 weeks of the season, Even with a full weeks worth of preperation would of made no difference we'd of needed longer

Celtic and the SFA disgraced themselves that year when picking and choosing what games Celtic would play following the deaths of O'Donnell and Burns. As for the volume of games we played over that period it was simply a farce and blatant cheating.

Fuck them though - they will all be put back in their place in time.

No they wont! The plan is to share titles with them as thats the good for Scottish Football. The only thing is if our plan does not work we are fucked!

I've never watched the game again, not even a highlight, i just couldn't do it.

Walter gave me the chance to see my team in a European final, in hindsight the tactics are up for debate but the fact he led us to Manchester is what ill always remember.

And fuck the sfa.

He threw away this opportunity as he did ten in a row.

They were absolute cunts.

Regarding the match, Zenit were the best team we had faced, inviting them onto us after they had destroyed Bayern Munich was silly.

Yea the match could have ended up a drubbing but we wouldn't have been sitting here regretting not having a real go.

We were never gonny have a go but the players were out on their feet 5 games in 8 days including a league decider and s Euro final is ridiculous I'm sure can't remember fully but the Russian FA gave Zenit a week off so basically 10 days to prepare

Nacho novo not starting the game - didnt make any sense the rest is history

that and the rest stays there,

We played in the final and didnt turn up

and even if having to play extra games - no excuse. its gone

Go shit in yer hat

Russian FA did everything they could to assist a member club

Scottish FA did everything they could, in conjunction with our disgusting rivals, to prevent us winning a "Historic" quadruple