The New Pioneers

stafford

I read it he thinks it is wrong and he thinks those other players shouldbe honoured first mate, I could be wrong right enough but that is how I read it.

As I said in the other thread people should be amazed when hear the stories of these players not the story of the sub GK who went on to sue us.(rightly or wrongly) I still live in hope the other 3 can be remembered as legends.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said in the other thread people should be amazed when hear the stories of these players not the story of the sub GK who went on to sue us.(rightly or wrongly) I still live in hope the other 3 can be remembered as legends.

Ally is a legend, as for Wallace and McCulloch, who knows, hopefully in years to come they will.

The timing of this painting and the fact it's alongside some proper Rangers legends is ridiculous though, i'm astounded at why anyone thought it was a good idea?

Ally is a legend, as for Wallace and McCulloch, who knows, hopefully in years to come they will.

The timing of this painting and the fact it's alongside some proper Rangers legends is ridiculous though, i'm astounded at why anyone thought it was a good idea?

That is my thoughts too mate, the timing and placement is wrong.

For now Ally has his place in with the goalscorers, and hopefully if/when the dust settles he can be regarded as a legend with all things considered.

That is my thoughts too mate, the timing and placement is wrong.

For now Ally has his place in with the goalscorers, and hopefully if/when the dust settles he can be regarded as a legend with all things considered.

A man who lied to the fans in the most insulting of manners.

A man who while perusing his own personal goals has cost our club years! Be a miracle if we go back up and it's all down to him.

His legend status is gone for most bears with his goals a distant memory. His leeching and treachery were the bitterest of pills to swallow. Fuck him that picture is an embarrassment and now it's in the rags we are again a laughing stock

The whole thing is a joke.

Ally is bleeding us dry after putting us years behind schedule, Alexander took us to court while Jig is....Jig, he's never a legend never mind a pioneer.

Wallace in the future might deserve to be there but not at this time.

They should have kept this under wraps and at the very earliest revealed it when McCoist isn't robbing us blind and we are out the gutter divisions.

Glad Walter and Big Jock have their images in Ibrox. Thoroughly deserved.

That said, the time of the announcement of these couldnt have been worse.

When will the announce the Mike Ashley portrait?

Are they legends? no...but they sure as hell get my respect. It was easy to walk away and they never. That will always be remembered by me.

It is only easy to walk away if someone else will pay you the same ridiculous money that you are on.

Nobody was willing to pay them what we were, that is why they stayed.

It has nothing to do with loyalty.

Do you honestly think if Man Utd had come in for Wallace he would have said "no thanks, I must stay loyal to Rangers".

This, like everything else that has gone on at our club in recent years, shows how stupid the people running our club are.

It also shows how out of touch they are with most fans.

As you can see from some of the previous posts those more intellectually challenged fans have no issue with this.

At the moment, especially before we're back at the very top or at least in the top tier, it just looks bizarre and out of touch.

In a few years time, when the dust has settled, it might pass with little comment or even some mild approval.

Until then, it looks like a slightly sick joke.

from the dailyrebel today ..... Rangers U-turn sees embarrassing 'New Pioneers' painting taken down
THE Ibrox club has confirmed that the bizarre portrait, hung at the top of the marble staircase at Ibrox will be removed.
New-Pioneers_zpsur1lntcs-2.jpg

The New Pioneers

RANGERS are taking down the controversial portrait of the 'New Pioneers' at Ibrox that angered and baffled their support.

The painting, by artist Helen Runciman, featured boss Ally McCoist and players Lee McCulloch, Lee Wallace and Neil Alexander, 'celebrating' the club's reemergence in the lower leagues following insolvency.

It found few admirers among the Ibrox fanbase, who were surprised by the choice of players featured as well as the fact that the club had chosen to mark this particular period in its history, even drawing comparisons with the 'Gallant Pioneers' who founded Rangers.

Former keeper Alexander won a court case against the club, receiving £84,000 in unpaid wages. Manager McCoist is meanwhile still on 'gardening leave' and picking up a wage, despite handing in his resignation last December.

Now the club has reacted to complaints from fans and explained that the painting was commissioned by the old board under Charles Green.

“These artworks were commissioned two years ago and arrived recently and were hung," read a Rangers statement. "It was a simple misunderstanding which has now been rectified.”

You couldn't burn their necks with a fucking blowtorch :lol:

They make a prize cunt of it and STILL try to blame it on Charlie Green and the old board.

Unless of course mini has CCTV of Charlie and the old board breaking in and hanging the paintings up, while Ahmad hacks the website server and writes a big article praising it, whilst forging Minis sign off on it all :lol:

The current lot are so out of their depth and so out of touch with fans, they haven't realised the old board are gone now and can't be blamed for everything. Even trying to do so, is amateurish in the extreme.

While we're on the subject, lets take a look at Mr Ticketus record so far,

Chris Graham appointed then mutually consented,

We're have a new NOMAD and will be listed soon. No NOMAD and No listing.

"If we don't like the contracts, we will simply change them"...........He's seen them, so I take it he likes them and they aren't onerous.

The website announces our "great new paintings", and following an onslaught has to humiliatingly take them down. They then have the brass neck to blame the old board.

I have never been a fan of mini, I've said I don't like King, but if he ponies up then I can accept him. But I've never seen why anyone allows mini to ride on their coat tails. This incompetent bouffant buffoon lurches from one embarrassment to another.

Get this imposter to fuck and put a proper businessman in charge before he does something dangerous.

Oh and for the lovers of Rangers men, How do "Rangers men" like Kingco get so out of touch they'd think hanging that insult on the walls would be acceptable ?

Might as well have put one up of Neil Lennon while they were there.