Alistair Mccoist Mbe

Advocaat, rather than leaving Ibrox, moved upstairs as "general manager" to take a wage when McLeish took over, surely he's an utter bastard as well then?

He didn't manage to fuck us up in the lower leagues, brining in a team full of bottlers on a high wage and manage to get us bum fucked by teams on a fraction of the budget we have.

He also took another role at the club, not sitting with his feet up pissing about abroad spending our money.

McCoist is nothing but a cash hungry leech who has burned his bridges. The mans an utter embarrassment

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Advocaat, rather than leaving Ibrox, moved upstairs as "general manager" to take a wage when McLeish took over, surely he's an utter bastard as well then?

Mcleish, rather than fall on his sword immediately, resigned but stayed until the end of the season despite his atrocious record. Another money grabbing cunt...

He didn't manage to fuck us up in the lower leagues, brining in a team full of bottlers on a high wage and manage to get us bum fucked by teams on a fraction of the budget we have.

He also took another role at the club, not sitting with his feet up pissing about abroad spending our money.

McCoist is nothing but a cash hungry leech who has burned his bridges. The mans an utter embarrassment

if McCoist left at the start of us going onto Division 3 we wouldn't have a club with our history intact to support, He would also have been slaughtered like the other rats who jumped ship.

he stayed, he tried, he failed. he gets paid.

he can't be Mr nice all the time and appease the fans who wanted him out.

When the cries rang out for ally to go those fans should have considered the consequence of the actions McCoist took at their wish.

game changer to this thread (tu)

Does Gordy have a 12 month rolling contract, I doubt it. Does he earn or have the potential to earn the money Ally has?

The point about footballers being poor managers of money is not really a moral or valid reason to keep giving him his inflated wage.

I'm very conflicted over this to be honest. Did he do a poor job? Yes he did. Was he over paid for the job he had to do? Yes he was.

That said, deals are deals and I doubt anytime soon we'll see Mike Ashley saying - don't bother about my 5 mill and the rights in relation to the merchandise. Nor will we see Dave King or any other investor pour money into the club without some form of making sure they don't lose out.

So why should McCoist knock back what he is legally entitled to. The fans are the only people who are in it for the club. Everyone else is in it for the money.

if McCoist left at the start of us going onto Division 3 we wouldn't have a club with our history intact to support, He would also have been slaughtered like the other rats who jumped ship.

When the cries rang out for ally to go those fans should have considered the consequence of the actions McCoist took at their wish.

He would have been replaced. Our club would survive without McCoist.

No cunt bothered about this when Green said it now everyone's up in arms about it because King said it.

flipflop111.jpg

McCoist being responsible for our survival is the one of the biggest deceptions ever to surround this club

This seems to have become a bigger issue now Kings moaned about it, when i spoke about it on here before most posters all said he was perfectly entitled to it.

Of course legally he is entitled to it, doesn't make it right as I know you agree.

Nor is it right that we ignore the real plonkers here, the idiots which handed out such onerous contracts in the first place.

I've just about had it with Ally over this I hoped he would do the right thing, however to play devil's advocate how many of us would knock back a years salary as a pay off? We demand the rich guy, who after all can afford it, do something none of us ever would?

Of course legally he is entitled to it, doesn't make it right as I know you agree.

Nor is it right that we ignore the real plonkers here, the idiots which handed out such onerous contracts in the first place.

I've just about had it with Ally over this I hoped he would do the right thing, however to play devil's advocate how many of you would knock back a years salary as a pay off? We demand the rich guy, who after all can afford it, do something none of us ever would?

In a normal job.

Rangers is not an normal job and certainly not one for anyone who was brought up a bear.

If you are happy stealing money from a cash strapped Rangers after you made a mess of the job handed to you then you are not good enough to be labelled a legend.

I've just about had it with Ally over this I hoped he would do the right thing, however to play devil's advocate how many of us would knock back a years salary as a pay off? We demand the rich guy, who after all can afford it, do something none of us ever would?

King and Murray were on the board when McCoist first got handed the contract, albeit not the executives

Spot on! If that fat clown is paraded at ibrox anytime soon with the sound of cheers ringing then we officially must have the most gullible support in the world.

If he earns another penny wether it be acting like the court jester welcoming our enemies with his slimy false glee or dare I say on the training field I won't be back.

Jobs for the boys is never going to go away and the damage he and others will do in the long term will be irreparable

Jobs for the boys isn't going to go away now .Todays exclusive in the rebel tells you all you need to know that we are back to old ways .In Dms days it was a cosy little relationship with the rebel then Traynor would get the heads up .Now it's probably Traynor giving the stories to Jacko at the paper that just hates us like a passion .It's just fucking nauseating to see this .As for Ally .Yeah shame on you but I fully expect our support to be cheering from the rafters when Ally does indeed surface at our club again .And the rebel will probably be the cunts breaking the news on how Ally deserves this and that ..Disingenuously of course .

So why should McCoist knock back what he is legally entitled to. The fans are the only people who are in it for the club. Everyone else is in it for the money.

Understood. But then he must also expect fans to be entitled to feel let down by some one who encouraged them to support the regime and in doing so has profited hugely personally during a very difficult time for the Club.

In a normal job.

Rangers is not an normal job and certainly not one for anyone who was brought up a bear.

If you are happy stealing money from a cash strapped Rangers after you made a mess of the job handed to you then you are not good enough to be labelled a legend.

Paul Le Guen set a great example. For that reason alone, I'll always have time for the man. It's a pity that Ally, the magnitude of whose failure was greater than that of Le Guen, didn't follow that example.

i'm really not.

People are outraged at McCoist being paid a wage he's entitled to and they have known this for months. That about sum it up?

time to move on, their master at the top of the staircase says everythings fine, McCoist is allowed back at Ibrox so where's the issue? or will there be a mass protest at Kings allowance of McCoists return as a fan?

i'm not happy about it but instead of being a little bitch about it, i accept that we can do nothing about it so i'll move on and look to our immediate future - securing promotion.

Thats the point you are missing Brian - have a read of the OP - it isnt all about McCoist - its about a culture which is inherent at our club, and which I have been highly critical for some time

No Rangers manager should have been on £750, 000 p/a to manage a club in the 3rd Division, no matter who that was. Guys like Jig at his age and with his ability should not be on £72 grand a month. Black on £9000 grand a week - dont get me started.

The fact that rolling contracts were still being used after the damage it caused in Walter's final season of his first spell is absolutely crazy.

The McCoist situation is the epitome of all that is wrong at our club. The fact we have rewarded, and continue to reward a guy who comprehensively failed in the job he was given should set alarm bells off for all of us.

When the cash is not there to re-build the squad to the standard we hoped for nor need - perhaps you will see where I am coming from.

Paul Le Guen set a great example. For that reason alone, I'll always have time for the man. It's a pity that Ally, the magnitude of whose failure was greater than that of Le Guen, didn't follow that example.

Le Guen worked his ticket out the door here and straight in the door at the PSG. Not to mention he was sacked

Well said D'Art.

McCoist has probably earned more in the last few years as manager than most on here would earn in our entire working lives , just to put it into perspective.

Is he entitled to it , yes , but it doesn't mean it's right.

Le Guen worked his ticket out the door here and straight in the door at the PSG. Not to mention he was sacked

You know as well as I do that most managers who are sacked (or, as in Le Guen's case, leave 'by mutual consent') take a barrowload of cash with them. Many of them soon pop up elsewhere, having trousered a shedload of cash in the meantime.

Le Guen could have held out for a big payoff before moving into another job. He didn't.

The point stands.

I have been a fan of this club since the late 80s, when my late father took me to my first game at Ibrox. I was hooked. Over the years I went to as many games as I could, when I was an unemployed 17 year old I saved as much as I could to get a ticket when I could. When I was on the books at Dumbarton I would go as often as possible. I joined the army and ever time I got leave I was at Ibrox for a game.

This club is more than a way of life it's almost second nature. ... But my family comes first, above and beyond everything else.

I didn't buy shares and gave it my season ticket when my first child was born, and I have no regrets about it. I cannot and will not condemned mccoist for taking his contractually agreed money. We may not like it but we can't do anything about it. Not one other person on here would act any different to mccoist if the situation arose in their employment. The person that should be the focus of our anger is the person that gave him the deal in the first place.