Kris Boyd On Sunday

scottyc06

Boyd wins fuck all in the air. He might back in and wind a free kick or two. Personally hope it's Vuckic and Miller up top, Walsh and Ferguson on the wings

Boyd won 80% of headers he went for on Thursday, he won the header where Kenny was pulled down and should been a red for the defender. Motherwell could not defend against Boyd on Thursday.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyd won 80% of headers he went for on Thursday, he won the header where Kenny was pulled down and should been a red for the defender. Motherwell could not defend against Boyd on Thursday.

I was there on Thursday, Boyd did fine. Generally though he has the leap of an elephant. It seems he will start, I hope.he proves me wrong bit I have lost fair in him completely

Boyd is bald and has a beard, he regularly wins headers and flick-ons. Nicky Clark is small, short black hair, he's the guy who regularly has the ball crossed to him, right over his head. Hope that clears it up for you (tu)

Boyd is fat, slow, cant jump and doesn't try very hard. Clark is a quick, headless chicken who's first touch is a tackle. Hope that clears it up for you

Boyd up front at the start could maybe work as an early goal is definitely needed !

But already I am wondering what plan b is as for me players no doubt on their way out like Boyd moshni black templeton are not the answer.

One header (that didn't go in btw) and folk want him back :lol:

He's a lazy overweight liability.

No way he should start and certainly not for the guy who got us here in the first place.

I agree that he definitely shouldn't start for Vuckic but the header was very unlucky, there wasn't much else he could have done with it, he timed it right and put a lot of power behind it and if it wasn't for a good save he would have DESERVEDLY scored, he also scored a marginally offside goal, which he took brilliantly which means that if he gets a chance he will have the confidence to find the back of the net.

How did this turn out then Boyd lovers?

Turned out pretty much as expected and like dummiesout pointed out further up, he won a fair share of headers but its the quality of what happens next is whats important! Sadly the ball randomly making contact with his head is not really a header as he rarely (if ever) managed to get any direction or pace on his headers and there was never anyone available for him to nod the ball down too even if he could control the direction!

So he won his fair share of headers over the two legs but did nothing with any of them and because of how we were setup and general laziness there was never anyone close enough to benefit from a decent knock down even if he managed it!

He's absolutely fucking rank. So he won a few headers on Sunday, and scored with none,

Just shows how far off the mark we are when we are praising players that are way past their sell by date. With that as a benchmark, we'll be lucky to finish in the top half of this shit league next season.

I'm beginning to wonder if there is a concerted campaign organised by king to lower the fans expectations so he doesn't have to spend any money.

I cannot think of one player who deserves any praise for this seasons efforts. All overpaid, underperforming dross. Let's be honest, overall, we were fucking embarrassing. Then we had McGregor as player of the year? Jesus fucking wept. Not one was deserving of it.

My highlight of the season was when Mohs stuck it to that little fuckin rhodent. Now that says everything about our footballing prowess.

I don't take any pleasure from this but there was a few of us on here last year that were very unhappy at the prospect of Boyd's return.

Even in his first spell at the club Boyd was a very lazy player who never worked for the team.

I have never understood the obsession some of our fans have with ex players/Managers etc.

That 'chance' he had in the first half (left foot volley on the left hand side of the box), sums him up just now. No ability....no pace and very little confidence. He's been the same ever since the Raith game away, last year. How any manager can not see it when every one else can is beyond me.

Also really surprised Walsh didn't start the game.

That 'chance' he had in the first half (left foot volley on the left hand side of the box), sums him up just now. No ability....no pace and very little confidence. He's been the same ever since the Raith game away, last year. How any manager can not see it when every one else can is beyond me.

Also really surprised Walsh didn't start the game.

I'd say that is pretty fair. That chance he had would have troubled most defences is some other forwards had the ball in that position, especially being one on one with a defender. Also agree about Walsh who is becoming more and more impressive the more he plays.

I'd say that is pretty fair. That chance he had would have troubled most defences is some other forwards had the ball in that position, especially being one on one with a defender. Also agree about Walsh who is becoming more and more impressive the more he plays.

You could see from his body language what he was thinking 'I have no chance, I'll never beat the defender.....I'll swipe my left foot & see what happens'. Boyd of old would have at least taken a touch, got it on the ground and tried to hammer it to goal.

You could see from his body language what he was thinking 'I have no chance, I'll never beat the defender.....I'll swipe my left foot & see what happens'. Boyd of old would have at least taken a touch, got it on the ground and tried to hammer it to goal.

Exactly, it was very evident that he had no confidence whatsoever with what for many a player would have been an excellent chance.

I must admit, I got it wrong with that one; I really thought Kris would do better than he did.

You weren't the only one mate

The reality is most of us falsely believed with absolutely no justification at all that we would have turned Motherwell over.

Picking Boyd for the 2nd leg probably put the final nail in our coffin