Vb - Telling It Like It Is.

I disagree Dude and actually think that is exactly the kind of statement which needs to be put out.

What we are now witnessing is the fruition of an article I wrote many years ago based around Allports Scale of Prejudice. We have now reached the stage where there is an institutional hatred of our club - and if bears cannot see the double standards and malice towards our club then heaven help us.

Just a few pointers to re-cap:

This is the country where a majority of football fans voted they woud rather see their own club die than Rangers in the SPL.

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/rangers-in-crisis-fans-would-rather-see-1165970

This is a country where the football authorities decided we were a "new club" and rejected our application to the then SPL - despite subsequent UEFA, FIFA, ECA, SFA and even ASA rulings.

This is a country where complaints to the national publicly funded broadcaster about their description of our club had to be taken outwith Scotand in order for us to get any satisfaction and resolution.

This is a country where elements of our media regularly promote this "new club" nonsense despite various rulings from the football authorities, and despite the clear precedent UEFA created with regard to Fiorentina - a fact Im sure any journalist worth their salt would have examined.

As I said 15 or so years ago - when elements of the press (such a Ron McKay of the Sunday Herald) are using the Ibrox Disaster as the base of so called "humour" then as a support we really need to be on our guard.

What clubs died as a result of Rangers not being in the SPL? Also, how does a club actually "die"?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are VB? I don’t want or need them to ‘defend’ Rangers. I want a team out on the pitch that will win as that is what, historically, we are known to be quite good at. The day we can get these so-called fans groups to shut up, as on the whole they are a complete embarrassment, and let the team on the pitch do the talking, will be a major step back to recovery.

Maybe if you researched instead of asking who they are you might not appear so ignorant.

Repeated significant charitable donations

Defending the PUL cause and community.

Sterling work in highlighting the illegal collusion between mhanks and authorities and financial gains.

Contributions to memorial gravestones for Rangers family.

Continued defence against Rangers haters and defilers.

Challenging what goes on in the Boardroom and on the park which ill befits Rangers.

And not a blazer chaser in sight.

To liken them to the other fans groups, (one who now has an ex club director at the helm who was punted from ibrox due to racism) is like likening us with the bheggars as we are scottish clubs.

We have been getting the ur no Rangers anymore for 3years we all just laugh at them and clap ..

As they all know who we are the club they all hate thru jealousy .

As for the guy with the flag that hit Jig if that had been a bear for sure he wud have been lifted same with the pitch invaders.

So yes we've had enough of quiet responses we want our club to start standing up for the supporters.

The silence has only allowed the media to kick us at every turn.

So you dont think its indicative of a more widespread institutional hatred of our club?

I agree there is a hatred of our club. In the same way that everyone hates Man Utd down south. We are the biggest and best club in the land and that hatred comes with the territory.

I'm sure I read that Motherwell hadn't beaten us since 1997 or something and their fans are quite right to celebrate a good victory. We were shite and well beaten in both matches. Let them have their day and we'll be back to turn them over next year.

What happened to no one likes us we don't care?

I totally agree with the fact that if it was our fans on the pitch and with the flag incident it would've been a bigger deal. The thing is though, the Rangers are a bigger deal!! We've known that for long enough.

I want to see more matches like that, every game played in a hostile environment and when the bears win it makes it all the sweeter for us as fans.

My German isn't good enough. Unless they simply want me to ask for an ever increasing number of large beers. :lol:

I hope you're enjoying my stuff. I'm no D'Art but then who is? I am fucking shameless though :lol:

:lol:

Quite right, too!

Keep up the good work!

If the VB's want to issue a statement that's up to them, as for myself I believe the statement made by the club was fine. As for Motherwell fans chanting we hate Rangers or whatever, would you expect them to be singing we love you Rangers, oh yes we do? The incident Jig, I would have to say that it did not look accidental to me. Indeed it looks as if the guy knows he can't reach the ball and decides to thrust the stick in to Jig's face. Considering that and the pitch invasion I would expect that there would be a case for making Motherwell play a number of home games behind closed doors at the start of next season, or I would if Scotland ran it's football like any other civilized country. sadly though we all know it doesn't.

VB have just said what many of us have since Sunday. They havent told us of any revelations, just simply put their spin on it. Not so much telling it as it is but as they see it, just as we all do on here. While I normally respect their opinion pieces, this does make Rangers fans seem a wee bit too precious.

Real Rangers fans dont buy the Record? Perhaps, but I read it every day depsite their one sided ramblings. That does not make me any less a supporter than whoever wrote the article.

If the VB's want to issue a statement that's up to them, as for myself I believe the statement made by the club was fine. As for Motherwell fans chanting we hate Rangers or whatever, would you expect them to be singing we love you Rangers, oh yes we do? The incident Jig, I would have to say that it did not look accidental to me. Indeed it looks as if the guy knows he can't reach the ball and decides to thrust the stick in to Jig's face. Considering that and the pitch invasion I would expect that there would be a case for making Motherwell play a number of home games behind closed doors at the start of next season, or I would if Scotland ran it's football like any other civilized country. sadly though we all know it doesn't.

BS it was a very weak statement, a view shared by many fans should have been much stronger and praising fans for not reacting to the intimidation when the scum to to the field fair enough scum got two sent off and it looks as if they could have more up in front of the sfa soon. Who started the the incident? and I accept the retaliation was unacceptable but never the less had the scum player not made a move in the first place then there would be an incident in the first place.

So was the VB one. Even worse than the club's. 'hate crimes' & 'we hate fucking Rangers'? I mean, boo fucking hoo. We sing, and have sung for fuck knows how long, that we hate Celtic. What's the difference? Some of it is really childish and while I agree with other bits, the stupid bits make the whole thing laughable. I'm sure they'll complain about hate crimes the next time Rangers fans sing something a bit unsavoury.

You wouldn't sing that though and risk upsetting your family or pals in the Railway.

When I signed up I was watching Planes, Trains & Automobiles and was going to use a witty play on that as my username but by the time the film finished I had Planes or Trains!!! I'd had a few beers and thought just use Trains and then change it when you think of something better but as you can see it never happened! Always dodgy when people change their names anyways but now I have a boring username that means nothing unless you like trains! :D

As for browsing the papers you find lying around, I'll happily confess that like all real men I would rather pick up the Sun to read the problem page in the feint hope that the picture story will be a lezzy one than pick up the rhecord and read the sports pages!

and here was me thinking it was a play on gravy train....

With regard to the statement, I see where VB are going with this.

Really wish I didn't have to read so much spiteful bitterness within our own fans in this thread. It's bad enough reading it on the outside...some of you really need to calm down with this internet warriorism.

I agree there is a hatred of our club. In the same way that everyone hates Man Utd down south. We are the biggest and best club in the land and that hatred comes with the territory.

I'm sure I read that Motherwell hadn't beaten us since 1997 or something and their fans are quite right to celebrate a good victory. We were shite and well beaten in both matches. Let them have their day and we'll be back to turn them over next year.

What happened to no one likes us we don't care?

I totally agree with the fact that if it was our fans on the pitch and with the flag incident it would've been a bigger deal. The thing is though, the Rangers are a bigger deal!! We've known that for long enough.

I want to see more matches like that, every game played in a hostile environment and when the bears win it makes it all the sweeter for us as fans.

I think you are confusing "No-one likes us we dont care" with a realistic expectation regarding parity of reporting by the media and a right to equality before the law.

I think you are confusing "No-one likes us we dont care" with a realistic expectation regarding parity of reporting by the media and a right to equality before the law.

So you think if we sung "we fucking hate the well" it would be reported in the newspaper?

I understand where your coming from and my own opinions on most things Rangers are pretty much in line with vanguard bears but just don't think this statement is up to much at all.

The only thing that Motherwell fans done wrong was the flag thing which to me was an accident.

Even though I found the Mohsni incident pretty entertaining. Punching an opposition player is always going to bring bad press no matter who you are.

Everyone will have their own opinion on it. I'm just giving mine here and I've already said that a bit of passion and hostility from the stands is good for the game. The more we carry on the tit for tat stuff like wee school kids grassing on each other the worse things get for fans.