Press Conference On Ssn At 2:30 ..

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buzzing.

It's only what I've wanted to hear for the best part of 4 years. Finally things are moving the way they should.

Let's get the lads in now, get a good preseason under our belts, W&W appear to be no stranger to hard work and preparation, I'm really hopeful we get a professional set up from youth to first team.

Possession based, building from the back, attacking football.... at Ibrox, it'll be like a time warp back to 2001.

Liked his comments about it being about both parties asking the right questions, it means he has scrutinised the board on their objectives,plans listen to what they are saying and asking listen closely to their answers and not simply accepted the job blindly.

Christ those journos asked boring questions. Apart from that, I thought they just sounded fantastic, and I just want them to get on with it. I hope we hear almost nothing now about the board. We just hear about the new players arriving and the revised contract with SD.

Have they taken a training session at Auchenhowie yet? What are they waiting for?

Well that was pretty good. Talks well.

Seems like an intelligent guy. Lack of mindless football cliches is always a good start.

He appears to have quite a laid back manner in his method of communication but in all honesty I bet he's really over the moon with the prospect of managing a Club our size so early in his managerial career.

He appears to have quite a laid back manner in his method of communication but in all honesty I bet he's really over the moon with the prospect of managing a Club our size so early in his managerial career.

Indeed!

Exact same sound bites we've already read. Bit of a let down.

Oh well. You can please some of the people some of the time...

Makes me wonder what you were hoping for. He's given a fair old idea of his intent and his philosophy, I don't think you can ask for much more at this stage.

At the risk of getting boring :pipe: - I really do think everyone should watch all of this 33 minute long Warburton & Weir interview. It sheds a good deal of light on their philosophies, methodologies and principles, the pros and cons of mathematical modelling, what they think of Lewis MacLeod, and more.

It also highlights to me quite a few differences between what they had at Brentford and what they'll have at Ibrox - such as the data from the Brentford owner's data company, and a team that had tasted promotion the year before.

My favourite quote is his reply to the question at 23:40.

"... But not wicked???"

My biggest concern is his need to touch wood whenever he says 'touch wood'. :lol: