Warbo & A Dof

UnionMen

Ive been pretty outspoken on here in regards to the DoF role. Call me old school but the way Alex Ferguson ran a football club, from top to bottom, is the way it needs to be done.

I can understand it's popularity though, it's alot of faith to entrust in 1 man. To control everything from to transfer & wage budgets to team selection on scouting setup. But managers are the ones best placed to pick the players they want to utilise, as opposed to say some pishy clueless elected 'president' of Real Madrid who then tells the next 'coach' through the revolving door he can't build for his style but rather do what you can with what we give you.

Warbo himself has held a DoF role before. It would be patronising to put a Felix Magath type in above him now.

I hope Rangers never move towards the DoF/Head Coach setup.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My hope is that Warburton grows us on the field, while the directors do likewise off the field, to such an extent that it becomes just too much for a single person to look after. When that day is reached then we know we are back where we belong.

Rather than a dof personally I just think we need someone to oversee the academy,youth player recruitment and playing style.

Hopefully warburton sets us up with a good playing style which should then be replicated right throughout the youth system.

Once we have all ages playing the same way and using the same system we have to only bring in players who will suit our style of play.

After warburton leaves we then go for managers who have the attributes we want and who will fit in with our ethos and ethics.

We should also be training our own coaches and scouts, sending them overseas to learn from some of the top set ups in the world, and who knows we may even be in a position to promote our coaches with the intention of becoming involved in the first team maybe even becoming manager.

Coaches tend to get there on their own but could you imagine if we offered it to young guys who couldn't make the grade to be players and essentialy trained our own coaches, scouts and even managers the same way we trained players. I have no idea how feasible that would be but it is certainly something that should be considered.

That would give us far more stabilitiy in the long run than a dof. In my opinion anyway.