Goram Or Klos?

Joscro

I remember Goram signing from hibs and being gutted cos i liked Chris Woods,i mind my dad saying how Andy wasn't very good at coming for crosses and was a bit suspect! But Andy proved his worth time and time again and is the best keeper i have ever seen,i was only young when he signed[/quote

I remember a game when Goram was playing against us for hivs at Ibrox, he was absolutely outstanding saving everything we could throw at him before we managed to score with a couple of minutes to go, there was talk of us going after him at the time due to the 3 foreigners rule in Europe at that time, and Souness was willing to let Chis Woods go, I remember saying to my mates "I hope to fuck we sign him", he had been outstanding for the hivs that season but that game against us I still say was one of the best games Goram had at Ibrox.

Thank fuck for that 3 foreigners rule, or we may never had the pleasure of seeing the best goalie in my 60yr.lifetime to play for The Rangers

100% right, only one thing unsavoury about the whole scenario was that Woods had his carter threatening ear injury that fucked his balance completely, and after Souness sent him on holiday, he read in the papers we'd signed Goram which isn't the way it should have been done.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For over a decade we had 2 of the finest keepers in our history but had to pick Goram for his display's in the 92 92 Euro run and breaking the mhanks hearts in countless games in 9iar Klos fantastic keeper none the less. Legends both of them

As good as Klos was. it would be a surprise to see him reach the half way line with a goal kick, was poor with his feet but still the second best keeper I've seen. Was at Tannidice when he tried to claim "that goal" as well - Legend!

ame="slimjim1690" post="1062757993" timestamp="1435528037"]

100% right, only one thing unsavoury about the whole scenario was that Woods had his carter threatening ear injury that fucked his balance completely, and after Souness sent him on holiday, he read in the papers we'd signed Goram which isn't the way it should have been done.

You are right mate that was not the way to treat Woods, a great servant and nice person as well, but Souness was ruthless, big names never mattered to him, but that left a bitter taste in my mouth as well.

Stefan was fantastic and I haven't seen anyone close to him since, but Andy Goram was unbelievable and I believe the best keeper we have ever had.

My Granda always argued that Jerry Dawson was the best keeper we ever had, but I don't think there is many if any auld yins left that could argue that, but he must have been some goalie if he was better than Goram.

I am biased on the matter, but I would say Klos considering what he achieved with Dortmund over 8 years and then with gers. On another point I would argue that Goram had significantly better center backs in front of him (Would I be wrong to say this?) Klos has the best clean sheet to games ratio of any Rangers GK to play over 50 games for rangers. (149 in 298) He also captained the club and was a complete professional. Goram we shouldn't forget disgraced himself once as a rangers player (1994- missing flight/final). I love watching old footage of goram, and he was very good at making spectacular saves, as was klos. Stefan as someone mentioned already here was incredible 1 on 1. Probably as good as anyone i have watched in those situations. As a Gk enthusiast I know that certain people prefer certain types of gk's though so each to their own.

While football is all about opinions, my opinion is that anyone who is choosing Klos over the Goalie is too young to remember Goram clearly.

Goram was absolutely outstanding for us. He was often the difference between a win and a loss. Especially in Old Firm games

I was fortunate enough to have witnessed both... And I'd say Goram.

Even opposition strikers admitted to being intimidated by the prospect of having to beat him in one on ones. Plus didn't Klos pick up wages for last year with us while recuperating from a cycling injury or something along those lines?

Goram or Klos? Really stupid question if you seen both in action.

Both great shot stoppers but Goram was better at corners, crosses and especially the back pass.

Goram was better than Schmicael 92-93 season, yet all we heard about was how Man Utd won the league in 25 years, we went 48 games unbeaten at home and abroad and were cheated out of the Champs League final.

I don't think we will ever see a 48 unbeaten run at home and abroad again in a season .