*** The Official Hibernian Vs Rangers Match Thread ***

Essandoh

Templeton :anguish:

It looks like he has one more chance.

I'm willing to see what Warburton can get out of him, but he's very, very lucky; his performance down at Palmerston in the three-nil game was literally the worst individual performance by a Rangers player I've ever seen.

Onwards and upwards, though. Everyone has a clean slate and Templeton has done some damage at Easter Road in the past, so here's hoping.

Yeah the pressure is on Warburton if we don't beat Hibs in the Petrofac Cup but Ally got chance after chance to get it right.

At Rangers you are never more than 2 defeats away from a crisis!

One of our greatest managers said that. It's the way it is, the way it has always been in my lifetime.

I'm willing to see what Warburton can get out of him, but he's very, very lucky; his performance down at Palmerston in the three-nil game was literally the worst individual performance by a Rangers player I've ever seen.

Onwards and upwards, though. Everyone has a clean slate and Templeton has done some damage at Easter Road in the past, so here's hoping.

I trust the manager, and if he's giving templeton another chance, then fair enough.

Still gives me the fear

People were talking as if wed drawn Real Madrid in the Petrofac Cup.

With no disrespect to Hibs, were Rangers Football Club and we will go into every game well prepared and ready to apply ourselves appropriately."

- Mark Warburton. Bread and butter stuff really.

How does that sit with his quote about being a week late getting into things, so using the Hivs & Peterhead games as part of our pre-season?

With the proper management, motivation and confidence building, Templeton may yet surprise everyone as the ability is already there. Lets see

How does that sit with his quote about being a week late getting into things, so using the Hivs & Peterhead games as part of our pre-season?

He made it clear Rangers will be going to Edinburgh to win.

What his point was is that it's a very early game and only once we meet St Mirren will our pre-season really be over. There will still be so much going on in the training ground.

If we are talking about this being for the Hibs game (as we should be) why in the name of fuck have posters got Jason Holt down in their selection either as a starter or a sub?

Or have I missed something in the past few days? :pipe:

If we are talking about this being for the Hibs game (as we should be) why in the name of fuck have posters got Jason Holt down in their selection either as a starter or a sub?

Or have I missed something in the past few days? :pipe:

Trialists can play in the first round I'm sure oz

Trialists can play in the first round I'm sure oz

Weird rule, but if thems the rules; thems the rules :D Wouldn't Petrie and the Embra jabbie brigade be pissed off if an ex-Jambo scored the winner in the Petrofac before the season had actually started :thumbup:

BTW! Thanks for that info,Davy :cheers:

Can't wait for this.

Think the game will have came a little too soon for both teams, with regards to fitness and preparation, but I think it'll be a good game regardless.

First time in a wee while that we'll go to Easter road and actually have a decent, open game, hopefully the days are gone when we'd line up in banks of 4 and hope Hibs don't break us down.

Expecting a good style from both teams, hopefully we set the marker down for the rest of the season.

Hope we see

Wes

Tavernier Kiernan Wilson Wallace

Halliday Shiels Holt/Law

Mckay Waghorn Temps

Yeah the pressure is on Warburton if we don't beat Hibs in the Petrofac Cup but Ally got chance after chance to get it right.

Ally got slaughtered for every non win ( and even some wins) - but this is not about Ally - ( the king is dead long live the king and all that) - but as Walter Smith once said your only ever two defeats from a crisis at ibrox - I hope MW hits the ground running as I am not sure we are patient as a support - if he gets a few wins under his belt and then loses folk will at least be able to judge what we have seen on the park - loose early and I fear our impatience will add to the pressure - mind you - handling pressure is what a Rangers manager has to do - and to me the mark of a good manager is how he turns round bad form. Let's hope we don't have to find that out to early.