*** The Official Hibernian Vs Rangers Match Thread ***

Essandoh

Live on BBC Alba, Kick-Off: 12.30pm this Saturday 25th July.

The Rangers are back in competitive action - FINALLY. Its felt like a long break after the failures of last season but onwards upwards into a new era under Warburton and Weir! First Team Squad so far (minus Eustace but including Holt):

GOALKEEPERS

Wes Foderingham

Cammy Bell

DEFENCE

Danny Wilson

Rob Kiernan

Marius Zaliukas

Darren McGregor

James Tavernier

Lee Wallace

MIDFIELD

Andy Halliday

Nicky Law

Robbie Crawford

Jordan Thompson

Andy Murdoch

Fraser Aird

David Templeton

Barrie McKay

Jason Holt (TRIALIST)

Tom Walsh

FORWARDS

Kenny Miller

Nicky Clark

Martyn Waghorn

Ryan Hardie

Dean Shiels

Personally, I can see us lining up something like this:

55ad4b5fc8b26.jpg

How sweet it would be to fucking bulldoze these cunts on the first day. Easier said than done though.

“People were talking as if we’d drawn Real Madrid in the Petrofac Cup.

“With no disrespect to Hibs, we’re Rangers Football Club and we will go into every game well prepared and ready to apply ourselves appropriately."

- Mark Warburton. Bread and butter stuff really.

I always look forward to our matches but this these first few games are the most I've ever been excited to see us play, only thing against us is the time it'll take for the guys to gel but other than that our football will hopefully blow the competition away this season, really fancy us for a cup this year especially when you bear in mind that even Ally somehow got us to two semis and with a worse squad.

Dear me

"Any win will do anything else and the pressure is immediately on" surely not after our first competitive game in a shit cup like the petrofac cup.I for one couldn't give a monkeys about the petrofac cup the main priority for our club is getting back to the top league.Yes we want to win every game we play in but lets get our priorities right.This is a cup that we should have been playing our reserves and young up and coming players in for the past 2/3 years ffs. We will have our slip ups here and there but lets get behind the team and as anyone who has the great old clubs interest at heart should be doing give the management time to turn things round.Lets not be putting the players or management under pressure after one game ffs.

I think we're really under prepared going into game but excited to see us play..

MW said everything is in preparation for the first league game. He'll know that even though these two cup games are essentially a part of pre-season they are must wins. I don't doubt MW will have prepared the team to win these games. Burnley tomorrow will show us where we are.

There will be hiccups, I pray they are sporadic, late in the season and inconsequential, but we will have to deal with that. We've been presented with a vision for success and people have to decide if they're going to buy into it through thick and thin.

Aye, sorry. Mods can change it. Got caught up in the excitement of all those official asterisks it seems. :D

An "official" match thread again. Been waiting for that for some time as well, what a bummer I'll be away as I'm off to Holland on Wednesday for a few weeks.

I'm seriously wanting to beat these chunts, couldn't do with them putting us out of the first competition of the season.