Thoughts From Tonight

I expect us to win that game, anything less than that is simply not good enough.

Yep - welcome to the world of Rangers, Mr. Warburton.

Presumably Weir will have him well briefed on what to expect with regard to the expectation to win.

Always.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes pressure should be applied right away.

if we play well and lose I would still be pissed off.

we are up against a team that we beat last year with a squad of wasters, if we cant beat them with a young hungry squad of championship level in england players, then I would be very pissed off.

Difference being the majority of the starting line up will only of known each other and their manager for a couple of weeks at most. This is going to take time.

I'll be gutted if we lose because I want us to win every game, however I will be more understanding considering the position we are in with nearly a full new starting team.

I'm waiting to be convinced, we held the ball well for periods but there was a time before half time when we had the ball between Foderingham, Wilson and Kiernan and then this HUUUUGE space between them and the rest of the team parked on the halfway line as Burnley had pushed up.

It looked a little school boyish with everyone wanting to be up front to score and we had no midfield at all, Burnley countered us well I'd say. Which is good as that is what we're going to face all season, although not as good a team.

We also put both wingers out on the touch line but rarely did we switch the play quickly enough to utilise the space they had.

More work is needed but we limited Burnley to one or two chances in the game, which was impressive in itself. You could see however when they got on the ball the difference in ability, tight control, good first touches and quick passing. Something we should hopefully get better at as the season progresses.

First thing that struck me very early in was that we don't need Eustace, with the excellent Halliday & later Thompson holding in midfield.

I saw something special in Thompson last night. Great composure for an 18 yr old. I predict he will push his way into the starting 11 within a few weeks although there is now tough competition with Halliday, Law & Holt. We will sign Eustace for his mentoring but I'm with you, he is not essential. Can't see Allan coming now and it doesn't look good for young Murdoch.

Difference being the majority of the starting line up will only of known each other and their manager for a couple of weeks at most. This is going to take time.

I'll be gutted if we lose because I want us to win every game, however I will be more understanding considering the position we are in with nearly a full new starting team.

i am not saying I wouldn't be understanding of we lost.... but I would still be pissed off and IMO it would put pressure on MW.