Thoughts From Tonight

It was disappointing to lose, but there were positives there.

We knocked the ball around well for the first half hour and Waghorn should absolutely have scored twice, but let's not forget that Burnley were a Premier League club last season; they have the ability to wipe the floor with a new build side likes ours, but we didn't allow it.

I was very impressed by Tavernier and Halliday, but disappointed at the manner in which Wilson and Kiernan let us concede.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Defence to midfield we were solid enough for the most part but I really think we will struggle to score goals against the better teams in the division of we go with one striker because templeton and McKay were out of their depth last night ,yes granted we won't see a better team than burnley during the season but even if they two do create who's going to score for us ? ..I'm willing to give waghorn time to get fit but I hope to god he's not another James Beattie . Also like I said defence wise we were souls enough but Wilson only won one header all night ...plus Tom Walsh done more than McKay did all game when he came on ..don't want to sound too negative as the football was great at times but I really think we need to add more forward players

Hope I don't put the kiss of death on Walsh but he looked well comfortable on the ball last night.Nice touches and cuts inside with ease and confidence,got a little bit of swagger in him which is not a bad point.Hope he goes on to hold down a position on regular basis.

A fair summary but don't get carried away. We were not fantastic for 30 minutes. We played a lot better than last season but created few chances and missed great opportunities to score.

Fantastic would have been Waghorn scoring 2 and Law and Templeton at least taking a shot and hitting the target.

Granted not in recent years but at times we have played fantastic football over the years but last night didn't come close to such a superlative.

Not trying to piss in anyone's porridge but whils last night was promising it showed we have a long way to go and also that the squad needs strengthenING.

Everyone knows there is a long way to go, we have had 4 weeks with our new manager and basically a whole new team and playing style implemented. Considering how dire we have been the last 10 years aesthetically, we looked fucking fantastic last night for they 35 and few moments near the end of the game.

If we do lose on Saturday we should not go into meltdown on a work in progress

Unfortunately that is one of the main problems we have as a support.We want new management,we want new style of play,we want new training methods,we want new players,we want new tactics but some still have the old mentality of wanting it all yesterday and the first blip and the dummies are out the pram.Yes im no different from most I want to see the team win but im also willing to give the new management team the time to get things right cause if they don't I really don't know where we go from there.As my mate and I said walking back from the game last night the days of cheque book spending are over so we are going to have to play our part as well and try and show some patience.

It was disappointing to lose, but there were positives there.

We knocked the ball around well for the first half hour and Waghorn should absolutely have scored twice, but let's not forget that Burnley were a Premier League club last season; they have the ability to wipe the floor with a new build side likes ours, but we didn't allow it.

I was very impressed by Tavernier and Halliday, but disappointed at the manner in which Wilson and Kiernan let us concede.

the goal was poor - it could have been Jig and Mohsni doing that easily. However its only their first game together so lets hope they learn from their mistakes.

This place will go into meltdown if we lose on Saturday, guaranteed.

Oh, I know that.

Cool heads are needed though, we're a better team than them anyway and once we actually get going I think we will take some stopping.

Tavernier and Wallace will be a major pain in the arse for teams and the former naturally has a great understanding with Waghorn.

Not going to panic if it goes tits up this weeked, under McCoist you knew it was going to be like that all season, there's no way anyone can watch that game last night and deny that there's a massive improvement everywhere on the field.

First thirty minutes excellent, after that we were still good with new players but once we stuck on the plodders it was back to the nervy ball played back the way again.

We still need a dominant defender as Wilsons not it, schoolboy defending for the goal.

Impressed by every signing bar Wilson who will have to concentrate more, Waghorn will get us goals and Tav looks decent, man of the match for me was Halliday who i thought was excellent.

We need another striker to help Waghorn, plus we need to dump the old players before their style of play seeps into the fast attacking style Warburton wants to play.

We badly need more games as we are burnt out after half an hour, fitness is still an issue.

I'm a software developer by trade. Often we release BETA software to give folk an early look, with the caveat there are still bugs and it isn't the final product. Doesn't stop some folk from giving one star reviews and bitching.

I sense a parallel here........ :D

We have to win on Saturday, it's not a pre season game, it is a competitive match against the team who are likely to be the main opposition in the championship.

We want to win, but we have to be realistic if we don't and remember that by that time this project will only have been going for 4 weeks. Hibs have been together as a unit for a year and at times last season showed up as a pretty decent outfit. Saturday is not a time to be negatively judgemental.

Nothing to worry about. A good squad of players who will shine in this league, I think Hibs will have a hard time trying to get by our defence and deal with Tavernier bombing up the right hand side all game. We're in a good position

Get Eustace in as well and we will have a bloody good team, Waghorn looked good other than the chances, some neat touches and little flicks, the goals will come especially against poor opposition, I was happy with what I saw yesterday, first half, the second half was pretty boring but that is understandable considering it was pretty much our old team!

Folk sitting behind me in the Govan front screaming for us to punt it up the park last night in the second half,even my 9yr old was saying to me that isn't the way football should be played.....people need to learn how to be patient

This team will come good, I believe that was the first choice team that started the match and looked great up until the goal.

So many positives in mu opinion, however I do think a setlled Hibs team may win this weekend.

We've not gelled yet and it may be another few games before we do, hopefully people remember that if it does go tits up.

Would love a clean sweep of trophies but we're in month one of a 3 year plan.

We should spank those cunts but it wouldn't surprise me if it's too much too soon though.

I expect us to win that game, anything less than that is simply not good enough.

Eustace in midfield when fit will make a difference. Get Allan in. Get May in. Give it another few games and we'll be up to speed. Can't see Hibs or St Mirren having the same consistency as Hearts last year so even with a slow start im confident we'll come good. I fear it'll be after a few games tho after a difficult start. We need to be patient though.

Eustace in midfield when fit will make a difference. Get Allan in. Get May in. Give it another few games and we'll be up to speed. Can't see Hibs or St Mirren having the same consistency as Hearts last year so even with a slow start im confident we'll come good. I fear it'll be after a few games tho after a difficult start. We need to be patient though.

Last night was good to watch, much much better. IMO the only real problems I seen were things that will go away once the players start to gel together, we looked like a team who hadnt played any games together but managed well enough that im confident that we'll do well this season, that said I think the Hivs, Peterhead and St Midden games will be a tough test for us, but hopefully the fans keep behind the team as things are already looking better under Mr Warburton.

I expect us to win that game, anything less than that is simply not good enough.

I do expect us to win but I won't be surprised if we dont, 2 of our first team have literally just signed.

You said it's not good enough, so hypothetical situation here, Hibs win 2-1 on Saturday after we've played them off the park, couple of lucky breaks but overall a good performance, what's your reaction?

Does not good enough mean pressure should be applied to Warburton right away? Panic with the cheque book?

Serious question mate, not a dig.

I just refuse to panic after what I've read about training and what I witnessed last night, of course it's not the done thing to be pumped out the Petrofac cup to hibs but we are a work in progress, and you can see progress.

If we are just going to start demanding wins at any cost I think we should just get Warburton to fuck and ask Walter to come back.

Yes pressure should be applied right away.

if we play well and lose I would still be pissed off.

we are up against a team that we beat last year with a squad of wasters, if we cant beat them with a young hungry squad of championship level in england players, then I would be very pissed off.

Yes pressure should be applied right away.

if we play well and lose I would still be pissed off.

we are up against a team that we beat last year with a squad of wasters, if we cant beat them with a young hungry squad of championship level in england players, then I would be very pissed off.

Aye, but Hibs could be very good or shite last year. They outplayed us and Hearts on several occasions.

It's way too early to risk derailing a Warburton's fledgling project by getting upset with things like a defeat away from home at a tough venue on the first competitive game of the season without having had a traditional preseason and with a new management team and pretty much a new team that have only been together 4 weeks. Level heads and patience required.