Our New Goalie

Alwaysblue

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He settled in towards the end and any new goalkeeper has bedding in issues at the start. Look at De Gea ffs.

What will go unnoticed is how he came out and cleared the ball often acting as a sweeper taking the pressure off the defence.

But hey let's have a moan after a 6-2 away win against our closest rivals this season....:)

Got more confident with his passing as the second half went on, though he was quite dodgy in the first. I think as he gets used to how we're playing and gels with the back line he'll come into his game a lot more. I'm sure he'll be a great player for us.

The way we are playing the keeper will have to play the ball out and from time to time we might lose a goal from it but overall if we are keeping the ball better rather than punting it like the last few seasons we will do well. The players will have to make sure they are available for his passes and we as a support have not to get on his back when the odd mistakes are made as they will be

It'll take time with his distribution and while his positioning for the goal wasn't great, we know from Swindon fans he's not normally like that.

He did look confident taking balls out of the air which was pleasing and he also didn't give up passing the ball out even though he made a few mistakes. That takes strength and I'm sure he'll improve with time and getting to know his defence.

He settled in towards the end and any new goalkeeper has bedding in issues at the start. Look at De Gea ffs.

What will go unnoticed is how he came out and cleared the ball often acting as a sweeper taking the pressure off the defence.

But hey let's have a moan after a 6-2 away win against our closest rivals this season.... :)

Reckon there was half a dozen times he passed the ball out when in the past it was punted up the park. Encourages the team to play football. I think he'll do OK.

The back four in general looked a bit shaky but that's perhaps to be expected considering they haven't played together before. They need time to develop an understanding. Thought Foderingham should have done better with the first goal right enough.