Barrie Mckay.

Clemdog

Hes not good enough will 21 years old ir not he looks like and had the physique of a 14 year old boy hes one if they players if hes got 20 yards of fresh grass in front of him and can beat the defender he will not be caught apart from that ur playing with a man down as we have witnessed ine good cross doesn't make him a great player hes been practicing crosses from he was a kid he should be able to do with his eyes shut ppl seem to have forgotten his disappearing act and woeful crossing in the first half[/quote aww dry yer eyes mate]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hes not good enough will 21 years old ir not he looks like and had the physique of a 14 year old boy hes one if they players if hes got 20 yards of fresh grass in front of him and can beat the defender he will not be caught apart from that ur playing with a man down as we have witnessed ine good cross doesn't make him a great player hes been practicing crosses from he was a kid he should be able to do with his eyes shut ppl seem to have forgotten his disappearing act and woeful crossing in the first half

Whynotjustgothewholehogandgetridofspacesaswellaspunctuation?

Like all youngsters he needs nurt

Hes not good enough will 21 years old ir not he looks like and had the physique of a 14 year old boy hes one if they players if hes got 20 yards of fresh grass in front of him and can beat the defender he will not be caught apart from that ur playing with a man down as we have witnessed ine good cross doesn't make him a great player hes been practicing crosses from he was a kid he should be able to do with his eyes shut ppl seem to have forgotten his disappearing act and woeful crossing in the first half

I was about to write a post about him just needing nurtured, Warburton & Weir seems to be the guys that can do that for young talent, certainly wasn't McCoist or McDowall.

Then I tried to read this and it hurt my brain

24 assists im sure

I'm struggling to find a source to give me the actual value, but I do remember it being somewhere about that number.

Considering he only played around 17 games worth of minutes in the league, and that he was 17 at the time, that's a really impressive stat.

He picked out Halliday and Miller for the 4th and 6th, with two really well placed passes that the Hivs defence never saw coming. And this was during what some people are calling a "bad game" for him. He's good enough.

haha the first ball was basically a square pass. 2nd one was good. Its wasn't a bad game he just does fuck and and his final ball 9 out of 10 times is shit. Sadly he is pish. Would be surprised if he warburton sticks with him

Hope he sticks to doing similar stuff like the assist for the 6th goal - use his skill and pace beat the defender and a put decent ball into the box.

Something that Templeton doesn't do at all. I'd swap Temps for Walsh in starting 11.

I really want to see Temps succeed, but he seems to have lost his knack for beating a player. With Hearts, and in his first year and a bit for us, he could take on anyone he wanted and beat them. He wasn't exactly Messi, but you could count on him beating his man a good 60-odd% of the time.

Now he stops, does a couple of step overs, and then either passes back or runs directly into the man in front of him.

While it wasnt Laudrup type stuff or enough for m o t m he certainly showed up well in the second half, his 2 goal assists apart I thought his attempted pick out of Clark in the box was a touch of skill. Had Clark cought that one with his toe and brought it down could easily been another goal. Personally I quite like the swagger he tries to show, harshly booked as well if you ask me, first tackle ffs.

Goalkeeping slips apart I loved the way we played today, Tavernier, Waghorn and Haliday impressed me today. I am buzzing after that, great performance :clap:

I have been a fan of this kid for a good while now, I previously posted about how annoying it was seeing the previous management team loaning him out when he should have been learning with us. But perhaps McCoist done us and Barrie himself a favour. I wasnt too impressed with his 1st 30 mins but he will get better as he did in the 2nd Half.

I certainly have more patience with him than Temps, but I will trust in our Management Team to get them both playing well, or they will drop them. No palsy walsy acts under Warburton and Weir I hope..

Seems to be a couple of ppl I've upset with my post about wee mckay we shall see how good he is when he comes up against players from the spl or better leagues maybe europe if a cup us won oh and as for punctuation heres a few wee full stops to keep u happy .......................... and a couple if commas just for good measures ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Felt a bit disappointed in McKay's first half performance, like I did for the majority of the side, but after HT I thought he played really well. Played an important role two of the goals and unlike Templeton deserves time to show us what he's got.

Played a nice pass into Halliday for his goal and showed a terrific turn of pace for our last goal, along with a teasing cross.

I've got high hopes for him, even more so after that 45 minutes. I really believe Warburton can shape him into a dangerous player, whilst he's always one of the first players to get back and help out when there's a counter attack on. (tu)

Completely agree.

Most disappointing we've effectively lost 2 seasons from him - basically because the last lot either didn't know how to or couldn't be bothered to handle him.

There will be others in this category, no doubt.

Now, what's MW seeing, that the previous shower didn't/couldn't?

Seems to be a couple of ppl I've upset with my post about wee mckay we shall see how good he is when he comes up against players from the spl or better leagues maybe europe if a cup us won oh and as for punctuation heres a few wee full stops to keep u happy .......................... and a couple if commas just for good measures ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

No worries - it's all about opinions.

Be nice to see him tested as you suggest - would show something's going right!

Excellent game second half today, we had a good few players that could be considered man of the match, wonderful stuff.

Other than a couple who were poor/average (Wallace, mainly), hard to pick a MoM, as they all grew into the game & pulled their weight.

Other than a couple who were poor/average (Wallace, mainly), hard to pick a MoM, as they all grew into the game & pulled their weight.

Was good to see us actually look fit for once and grow stronger as the game went on.

Was working so only managed to see the 2nd half live. Him and Tav on the right looks suspect defensively. Not really Barrie's issue as MW clearly wants predominantly attacking players in those wide positions, so Tavernier will need to work on his defensive awareness imo.

Played OK, but similar issues I saw from him before, he seems disinterested without the ball. But, I'm nitpicking. Was a good performance from everyone.

Was good to see us actually look fit for once and grow stronger as the game went on.

Bang on!

Good how they recovered from the shock of going behind, too.

Seems like a much better response than Tuesday, which is quite an improvement in a short time.

I think today showed exactly what you get from young players, and young wingers in particular. He showed some glimpses of the undoubted talent he has, but also had some quiet spells and a few frustrating moments. I'd expect to see a fair amount of games like this this season.

If the manager and coaching staff are willing to give him a place in the team then it's clear they see enough potential for him to do something exciting and productive for us in the final third to outweigh the inconsistency we are likely to see as he develops. I'd trust them on this one.