Barrie Mckay

No miss Scotland's in my year either although going to school in Belfast might have had something to do with that, first time I saw McKay was when linfield had the match at Windsor to try and raise money for the club, he was the stand out of the match with his pace and ability to beat a man

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Least McKay is getting a chance under Warburton!

McCoist froze the boy out for 2 / 3 years

I still have doubts but aye, he deserved a chance after div 3. There's something there if he gets his head down and works on his game a bit.

In Barrie I see a player who is clever with the football. He needed a little bit of confidence.

Hes had a chat with David Weir and myself, our job is to give him a better environment.

He trained really well from our first day here. Its not about age - I dont care if you are 18 or 38, if you are right for the team. Barrie has done everything to suggest he should be in the starting eleven.

MW on McKay

Still not a lover of him tbh. Yes he is quick and direct but far to lightweight and inconsistent.

Happy though for him to get games and the opportunity to prove me wrong.

He is better than Templeton though!!!

thats how I see him too unfortunately.

The way we are set up our wingers will see plenty of the ball this year and will have space and time when they get it. I have maintained there is a good player in Templeton however starting to lose faith, he just does not look likely to beat his man or deliver quality. Barry looks far more confident out of the two and more likely to improve. In the Manager I trust however would like to see Walsh get his chance, in a season of pish last year he never let himself down and for me was exciting to watch.

Strongly suspect we may bring a winger in on loan.

Good luck to Mckay - this could year could be massive for him.

I really thought he`d had his only chance, glad to be wrong though.

This is such a great opportunity for him, hopefully he takes it and goes on to have a long and successful career in the game. :)

I thought he was a great wee player when he broke through in div 3. Couldn't understand why ally sent him out on loan, especially to rr, who's scumbag chairman was very vocal about us getting put out of football altogether. Anyway, I hope he proves me right & keeps the head down & works hard.

I've championed McKay for 3 years and tonight was his best game for Rangers. He has everything Warburton looks for in a wide man and if he stays fit I'm sure he'll stay in the team and become a bigger influence as he gains confidence. McCoist should have played him more often but Barry has no excuses now as the balls at his feet and he must maintain a high standard.