**** The Official Rangers V Hibernian Thread ****

G.E.C.

Main thing to take from today's game is that we are capable of grinding out a result.

Hibs got so many breaks of the ball it was unreal, with more luck on our side we would have won more comfortably.

However I do love how certain players are all of a sudden not good enough becuase we only won 1-0. This place sometimes :lol:

This squad will win the league comfortably but in terms of long term progression we are badly in need of a holding midfielder and prolific goalscorer. Halliday is more than decent but he got found out trying to play that role today against higher quality opposition.

I don't buy he got found out by a higher quality of opposition, Burnley came to Ibrox and Halliday was terrific.

Agreed about the goal scorer though, Waghorn comes to deep for the ball at times.

McKay Hailiday and Waghorn superb. The rest .. so so.

Law hiding again...

Wingbacks not pushing forward so much.

6/10

How was Law hiding? Probably got on the ball more than his fellow midfielders.

Mckay beat his man once and he got applause for atoning for losing the ball a couple times... Haliday with a few overhit long passes and clumsy fouls - cannot believe what I read on here against Law sometimes. Nobody played to the standard today.

Hope today people realise that Halliday isn't the answer in central midfield

He's had a good start but going fwd he's not a holding midfielder

He was miles off it today

I actually think law had a good game outwith shiting it from a few tackles 2nd half

From hibs.net

At least the cunts are deflated, they'll fade and we'll get better. Euctace should hopefully add some much needed protection the back 4

Originally Posted by Thecat23:

6 points is huge so early in the season. We have to win pretty much every game and not drop points with draws to have a chance. Not saying it's all over but we face a huge struggle now!

Today was always going to be huge. Although we played some nice stuff, Hibs just reconfirmed that we're short in too many key areas to compete with Sevco for the title. I can now see them going on to romp this league in the same way the yams did last season. Bitterly disappointing.

From hibs.net

At least the cunts are deflated, they'll fade and we'll get better. Euctace should hopefully add some much needed protection the back 4

Originally Posted by Thecat23:

6 points is huge so early in the season. We have to win pretty much every game and not drop points with draws to have a chance. Not saying it's all over but we face a huge struggle now!

Today was always going to be huge. Although we played some nice stuff, Hibs just reconfirmed that we're short in too many key areas to compete with Sevco for the title. I can now see them going on to romp this league in the same way the yams did last season. Bitterly disappointing.

I thought they 'wur gawnie win the league ken' ?

lol oh my....

:lol:

Right

Take it the Petrofac Cup game at Easter Road was just a cup game. No effort from either team either I suppose (tu)

Halliday played his natural position that game in left/centre midfield and was brilliant. Hence our point, he's not a holding midfielder and is wasted/not good enough there.