**** The Official Rangers V Hibernian Thread ****

G.E.C.

We have to remember that hivs are our closest rivals(lol) so a close result was always going to be on the cards.

No matter what is said on here they are a danger.

Most would agree that we were the better team ( and let's not forget a new team) so hivs have no excuse, they played a mainly defensive game and it worked for the most part.

Law was good today, some people will genuinely never get over his poor form last season, but he really has been great this season.

His critics must have a look at themselves.

I thought he was outstanding for 75 min. Faded a little towards the end. Doesn't deserve the abuse.

The rule guideline covers a hand being in an unnatural position, it does not need to be deliberate, I don't think mcgeogh could do much about it. Have to disagree with you. There will be plenty go against us this season let's just enjoy the skill that followed.

The rule also covers stopping a goal with your hand. Should he be sent off for stopping a goal scoring opportunity? No, of course not. We can bastardise the rules to fit any argument. This was a handball foul, nothing more, nothing less.

Whether it's ball to hand or not, he stopped a cross with his arm then controls the ball. If that's not a foul we might as well pick it up and run with it!

Wallace and Tavernier were the only guys I was happy with today.

McKay was awful, defence was poor, midfield passing and creativity was terrible, Waghorn and Miller were ineffective and they whole pace and movement of the team just wasn't there. Maybe Hibs deserve credit for some of these failings but as some others have pointed out we will get destroyed by other opposition if we play as poorly in future.

We were a bit sloppy with the ball and sluggish at times but at the same time created some good chances. I always though we were pretty much in control of the game and would have stepped it up had Hivs scored, but a fantastic free-kick was enough........and at the end of the day good enough for me. I'm sure, like most of us, W&W will be a tad disappointed with the display overall but a good three points nonetheless.

Cb were pish today. And midfield for large spells were non entity.

Think we gave possession away too often and it put our defence under pressure. Thats the great thing about today, we got three points but will learn more than the previous five games combined. Pity our next opponents,

Still along way too go before we are the finished article, with the two fullbacks playing almost as wingers we are always going to be exposed on the break, especially through the middle. That said we have won the game and move on to the next match unbeaten, can't ask for any more than that!

Also, this was the first time that we have played so many long balls down the channels, and the 40 yard diagonal pass, which more often than not gave away possession!