The Stupidity Of The Scottish Press & Scottish Football

http://m.heraldscotland.com/sport/13600548.Rangers_new_boy_Nathan_Oduwa_slammed_in_Alloa_showboating_row/

The outcry over Oduwa "showboating" is ridiculous, the lad has spent years practicing his skills with a ball and if he can pull off tricks in a game then im all for it.

The dinosaur attitude is in my opinion is of the reasons Scottish football is suffering, players showing a bit of skill and flair is what is misssing from our game and completely fits in with our managers "send them home happy ethos" would the press prefer the punt it up the park type of football or do they want to see a bit of skill that they can write about? In this day & age where somthing like this can go viral and get people talking about Scottish football can only be good for our game, no disrespect to alloa but there will be people who have never even heard of them who are now googling them to see who they are creating a bit of traffic on their website and generating them some cash.

If the tables were turned and an alloa player had done the trick to one of our players he would of been praised for it much the same way Callum Higginbotham was praised for his "cheeky" penalty against celtic, that wasnt classed as disrespectful. At the end of the day it all falls down to one thing, we are the big bad Rangers, NO ONE LIKES US BUT WE DON'T CARE because We Are The People

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad state of our game that a piece of individuality skill and flare can no longer be displayed and celebrated. I sincerely hope this young talent is given the protection from refs and other in our game he deserves maybe when a few players are sent off these shot putters might get the message and the fans and sport will be the better for it.If it was Messi or some other player known for his talent I fell the headlines and comments would be very different

Wtf is controversial about his debut you wouldn't see people moaning if Hazard or Aguero had done this in the EPL or if Ronaldo or Messi had pulled it off, in fact most people applaud Jim Baxters keepy uppy at Wembeley.

Football is meant to be about entertainment and if you have that in your locker it shouldn't be frowned upon.

SSN are talking it up as a "Class Act" on their morning show..It is only in this Bigoted Hate Filled shitehole of a Country that the mhedia would dare to criticise the boy for having the ability to try his wee trick.

It is all FEAR based, I can Smell Their FEAR..We are Coming to Get You...

Is football not suppose to be entertaining .

Nope in the 1 sided Scottish media no wonder papers and football are falling away in Scotland.

And it's so obvious were on our way back and positive and they don't like it.

And we really don't care as we are enjoying our football again.

"

NATHAN ODUWA was last night accused of disrespecting Alloa’s players after showboating during the closing stages of the Ibrox side’s 5-1 Championship win at the Indodrill Stadium.

The 19-year-old England youth international, who made his debut on loan from Tottenham Hotspur from the bench during the match, livened the dying minutes of this one-sided encounter with a series of tricks and flicks – but one of his victims, Alloa full back Colin Hamilton, said he felt that playing to the galleries like that had broken one of the unwritten laws of football.

“I felt as if he was trying to take the p***,” said Hamilton. “What was there, a minute to go? Was there really any need for it? I can’t tell any player how to play or not play, it’s his decision.

“But he’s come up here and he’s trying to show off, trying to make a name for himself,” he added. “I didn’t even get the chance to speak to him after the game as he just walked off but I’m sure there are other centre backs and left backs in the league that if he does try that against them, they maybe won’t let him away with it the same way.”

It is worth pointing out that there is nothing in the laws against playing hard and entertaining football until the final whistle regardless of the scoreline. While Mark Warburton admitted Oduwa had come north of the border to learn, he insisted this was only a young player determined to impress. Danny Lennon, the Alloa manager, was another who sought to downplay the controversy.

“There’s no lack of respect intended by any of the players, absolutely not,” said Warburton. “He’s just enjoying his football. We’ll have a quiet word about that but he’s a very respectful young guy. And I’ve no doubt he’ll make a right impression this season – for all the right reasons. We’ll get another young guy in next week – a loan deal, as well – and then we’ll be in good shape.”

Speaking for the first time since Scott Allan’s decision to choose Celtic ahead of Rangers, Warburton spoke of his delight about his side’s performance and admitted he still hopes to add one more player, on loan, to his squad this week ahead of a meeting with Hibs at Ibrox next Sunday which could see them establish a six-point early season lead.

The real star turn on the day was right back James Tavernier, who was on the scoresheet along with Jason Holt, Martyn Waghorn and a double from Kenny Miller. Lee Wallace was confirmed pre-match as the new Ibrox club captain.

Tavernier, who might have had a hat-trick had Miller not effectively stolen one of his goals, then been responsible for seeing another ruled offside, played down the showboating row, saying it merely demonstrated this Rangers side will continue trying to score until the death.

"I should have had a hat-trick, but I am happy for Kenny to get two goals,” he said. “I'll take two assists for Kenny. I was calling him [Oduwa] Jay-Jay Okacha before inside – it's football and some footballers have a lot of flair. If he feels confident doing the trick and pulls it off then I am not going to complain.”

And the if the laddie gets "taught a lesson by other Left Backs and Centre Halves " I'm sure that'll help them, playing wi 10 instead of 11.

The Left Back has only signed this year, they've lost 11 goals in their last 3 games. I think they've more to worry about than a laddie getting excited on his debut.

Aren't the Scottish media wonderful.

Someone shows a bit of individual skill and they bag him. Imagine if he had got the penalty he should have got.

Meanwhile in other news - a political fanatic entered a hotel in Airdrie yesterday afternoon adorning a H4H sweater. He was quickly apprehended by hordes of offended political corrects - had his top ripped of his back and removed from the premises and arrested by authorities in the car park. One eye witness said ' he entered the establishment carrying a collection can and rattled it several times in a blatant attempt to raise money for badly injured servicemen and women. Thankfully there were some 'real heroes' sporting black berets and balaclavas who put a stop to this unsightly activity.

SSN are talking it up as a "Class Act" on their morning show..It is only in this Bigoted Hate Filled shitehole of a Country that the mhedia would dare to criticise the boy for having the ability to try his wee trick.

It is all FEAR based, I can Smell Their FEAR..We are Coming to Get You...

Calm doon, you contrary conversationalist.

Was it sectarian showboating, aye?

Meanwhile in other news - a political fanatic entered a hotel in Airdrie yesterday afternoon adorning a H4H sweater. He was quickly apprehended by hordes of offended political corrects - had his top ripped of his back and removed from the premises and arrested by authorities in the car park. One eye witness said ' he entered the establishment carrying a collection can and rattled it several times in a blatant attempt to raise money for badly injured servicemen and women. Thankfully there were some 'real heroes' sporting black berets and balaclavas who put a stop to this unsightly activity.

Whit?

I think you better stop trying to showboat and stick to the football.