It Has To Be Said.

KingKirk

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kiernan is improving every game imo, altho still has to learn - he's young enough and im sure he'll be just fine.

Both centre backs are exposed with no real defensive midfielder and also both full backs so far up the park, made wirse that they have no pace between them

Our centre backs have been exposed due to our 'extravagant' attacking play and lack of a proper defensive midfielder.

Despite that we have hardly conceded any goals so I don't see why we should change it. There is no doubt that Ball will feature as the season goes on.

The partnership of Wilson and Kiernan will not get a chance to improve if we start chopping and changing.

Actually, taking a step back and thinking about it, there is no doubt they both are further exposed due to Tav and Wallaces style of play. There arent many teams in the UK with full backs who in Tavs case, at times find themselves in the CF position and in both cases constantly overlap the midfield.

This in turn will put pressure on anyone playing at CB as naturally, one of them needs to be drawn out to cover any runs on the flank leaving the other one exposed, especially if the alternate full back hasnt folded in also.

(tu)

Actually, taking a step back and thinking about it, there is no doubt they both are further exposed due to Tav and Wallaces style of play. There arent many teams in the UK with full backs who in Tavs case, at times find themselves in the CF position and in both cases constantly overlap the midfield.

This in turn will put pressure on anyone playing at CB as naturally, one of them needs to be drawn out to cover any runs on the flank leaving the other one exposed, especially if the alternate full back hasnt folded in also.

This is spot on ??

Anyone playing centre half will look exposed , this is the reason why imo mcgregor was let go due to mobility and speed ( I was a fan of him and don't entirely agree with the decision however trust MW )

For me we need to get or centre halfs winning first balls to be more effective and secure , yesterday and in most games they are beaten to balls in the air and then do not react to the movement around them quickly enough , I. E goal against St Johnstone .

In counter against my own point though I think the reason for this is due to both being young and still fully adjusting to our style and their own partnership

(tu)

Not many fullbacks are in the position that Tav was in yesterday on his goal.....

With such an attacking format "going forward" LOL, our defence is going to be exposed.

We have lost an average 0.5 goal per game. Now when you consider the attacking style and how open and vulnerable we lay our two centre halfs, it has to be said, they have done "No Bad".

What we lose on the swings we gain on the ATTACKING roundabout "going forward".

:541:

Thought Kiernan played well at weekend. Both of them need to imorove distribution however he defended well - several really good tackles where he won the ball and retained it. There has to be an acceptance that our set up leaves them exposed frequently. That is the price we pay for playing so high up the pitch.