Taking Your Other Half To A Game

Gaz52

Took mine many years ago v c....c , and when Rangers equalised in a 1-1 draw , she was the only one still sitting in her seat while all about her were going mental in celebration.

She did improve , and in 2008 when I was working late in Livingston , she was the one that had to take the boys to the games in the Europa Cup that I couldn't make . She started getting right into it , as we swept aside Panathanaikos , Werder Bremen and Sporting , and by the time Fiorentina arrived , she convinced me , even though I was back in Glasgow by then , that she was a lucky charm .

Not wanting to tempt fate , I relented .

Drew the line at Manchester though .

Sorry .

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been to 3 games with the burd. First was Albertz and Tugay's last game and she kept asking if we could leave as the game was over. This was while Albertz was going round the park applauding the fans and I was nearly in tears....

2nd time was the game against Killie where Alan Hutton broke his leg and she spent the whole game watching the Blue Order and was fascinated with the fact they had a song that involved them all taking off a shoe and that they were passing folk over their heads (till plod stepped in)

3rd time she actually took me for hospitality on my Birthday so I can't complain about that one :D

Took my wife (girlfriend then) to a Rangers v Partick Glasgow cup game at Ibrox in 1980, half time comes and she puts on her coat to leave, couldn't understand that there was another half to go.Thought it was the same keeper (Rough) in front of us in the second half and that he had dyed his hair

Went to the League cup game v Aberdeen a couple of months later and she spent the first fifteen minutes talking about shoes with a lady in the row behind her. Ended up the pair of them sitting together where they continued talking about Shoes, Fashion, Chocolate etc and her man sitting beside me watching the game

Never took her back after this.

Took my missus to a League cup semi final v Dunfermline around 1990. I think we won 2-0.

She's normally just an avid armchair fan but went to the Morton game with her workmates at the weekend.

We won both of those games without conceding a goal so she's claiming to be a lucky charm :)

I took my girlfriend at the time to.a League Cup game a few years ago. It was a pain in the arse. Her first question was why were there no people describing the game like they do on the telly.

My current missus has said she wants to go to a game as we started going out when McCoist was in charge and usually when I came in from the game I was usually in a foul mood.

Took her to the ricksen game and she enjoyed it

My missus went on our bus without me to the Ricksen game,I couldn't make it due to work. In fact she's been on the bus a few times without me. Done Sheffield and Derby as well as a few aways up here.

She's from good stock.

My missus is a fan of all kinds of sport but it's too dangerous to go to football games in her native Poland due to the level of hooliganism so her first game was Rangers vs QOTS last year and she's completely bought in which is all the sweeter as she was living in Parkhead at the time and seen that lot for what they were every other weekend.

I was working away from home and told the missus she would have to take the wee fella to an away day at Dundee Utd as I would not be back in time. Under protest she agreed as the wee guy was desperate not to miss any away games. The night before on the phone she asked me if I thought it would be alright to take her laptop on the bus to watch a movie on the way up :) If it wasn't for my lad hearing her speak to me and shouting " no way mum", I would have told her it was perfectly fine :)

Took the wife to Rangers v Dundee Hibs at Ibrox 1988, bought her a Rangers scarf and we were sitting in the Broomy. Half way through the first half she asks; "What colour do Rangers play in again?". She has not been back but she knows what colour Rangers play in now and watches them on the telly.

Couldn't agree more. It was me that was the Rangers mad wife - my husband started going because of me.

Remember in the 60's as a 7-8 year old going to games with my dad. We'd be in the the 'wee enclosure' and my aunt would be in the main stand, where she had a season ticket, waving down to us. Never realised at the time, she was a pioneer. Used to go on her own because my uncle wasn't into football.

Currently a single fish (was seeing someone up until about a month ago who claimed she was a Loyalist then I found out she voted yes and I told the cow I never wanted to hear from her again) but most girlfriends I've had liked Rangers but weren't massive on going to games

Had one moan for ages she wanted to do a European away game and just moaned the whole time and stayed in hotel in a huff the bitch she thought it would be a normal holiday

Women shouldn't be near football

That's pish if you don't mind me saying so.

Three women in my house have went while others were staying away.

They've paid plenty into the club over the years and are much more a part of the history than glory hunters returning now that we have better football to watch.

Wifes dad was a Govan lad... so growing up she got to more games than I did!

Now though if the weathers decent i'd suggest it but she didn't enjoy last couple of seasons in crap weather - but to be fair a lot of us have not enjoyed the last 2 seasons even in the sun....

I have only taken my wife a couple of times, to the club deck corporate hospitality. The one I remember, In the club europe lounge was fine as there was an other woman where we were sitting and they were chatting but out in the ground we had a great front row seat but behind us were some very foul mouthed people sitting in corporate seats belonging to a Glasgow law firm so she was not happy. Much better taking my daughter who I have taken loads of times, usually corporate but once she was older in among the proper crowd. She was not allowed to swear but loved hearing it from everyone else.

My mrs grew up one of them but was never really bothered about it as she got older. Took her along with my nephews to the last game of the season on div 3 and she loved it.

Surprised her with a ticket for the Hibs game earlier this season at Ibrox and although she doesn't sing at the game, I can see her getting involved with her reactions to tackles, winning a corner etc.

Sings the songs in the house mind you!