Zelalem

Jaffinoz

oh sugar sussed by the brains of the operation.....

If its ok with you bud Ill hang around

Half a brain............I appreciate this may be an aspiration of yours but no need to blame me for that.

Now be nice Im new to this.

Law in for the Kid on Sunday.

Hi Lucy. Are you still a raging alkie?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bizarre comment regarding Law and a physical battle!

Anyway, he might be stronger than Zelalem but I thought we were all "sick" of watching us lumping high balls up to a Daly/Boyd type striker and were longing for a style of play that had the masses heading back to Ibrox? Oh.... we are? Well what's with this silly talk that we'd want Law in instead of Zelalem? Zelalem is a clever, quick and artistic footballer, he'll eventually play at a level that Law can only dream of. I like Law coming on as an impact sub, where he can use his energy to cause a tired defence some problems.

We've won 16 games out of 17, 11 games on the bounce in the league. We need to trust our manager who has been a revelation by all accounts!!

What has Law being played in place of Zelalem got to do with playing high balls up to a Daly/Boyd type striker?

One extreme to the other as usual.

Tremendous raw talent but maybe overhyped especially in the US. Plays the simple ball too often. He has a great ability to find space but would like to see him penetrate defences with his passing. Rotten today.

Over-rated...I'd play Law and/or Sheils b4 him

imo he just hasnt gelled into our team yet as we hoped and his talent suggests he should

the way i see it, our game before he joined us was based around quick 1 touch passing and moving that got the opposition making positional errors and us catching them out, zelalem prefers time on the ball and to pick a pass, which is fine, however there are times we need to shift it way quicker, and i think he needs to learn that

Totally disagree. That is the strength of his game and we missed that during the games he missed. It is when he isn't in that we lack this in my opinion.

He makes what he does look so easy and always looks to have so much time on the ball. The mark of a quality player in my view.

Totally disagree. That is the strength of his game and we missed that during the games he missed. It is when he isn't in that we lack this in my opinion.

He makes what he does look so easy and always looks to have so much time on the ball. The mark of a quality player in my view.

the problem is though that by taking time on the ball, he allows opposition defenders to get goal side stifling our space

Im guessing we have watched the same games

So we will have to agree to disagree

But as a final point

When Jim Goodwin runs all over you then you have a fair way to go to be the finished article.

What player on the planet has never had a bad game? Zelalem wasnt very good against St. Mirren, but you have to take into consideration that he was over in the States shortly before. We should not write him off like that because he had a bad game. I would always play him if fit.

I didn't mean i thought he spent a long time on the ball, I meant he always finds time and space even when it isn't necessarily there.

i agree he always looks like he has a country mile of space and time, my point is that when we are fast paced hitting the opponents with quick 1 touch moves etc, i feel that zelalem slows it right down allowing more defenders to get goal side

Zelalem has shown he can find that killer pass that has been missing the past couple of weeks. problem for me was it was missing from his game Sunday.

Young guy it would be unfair to expect him to play at 100% every week.

He had a bad game. It happens to the best players in the world. People are very quick to write off players, its frightening.