Zelalem

Jaffinoz

A think he's massively over rated had 1 decent game for us and is guaranteed a start it's a joke offers nothing imo

I don't think Zelalem offers nothing, if you base that opinion on a poor performance today maybe, but if you see him in a decent or good performance you can tell the difference in our team than when he's not playing.

His passing is crisp and fantastic, and sets up a lot of chances and assists, and Zelalem can actually glide past a player controlling the ball with ease at his feet, compared to when Law knocks the ball with one touch 2 metres away to his right or left when a defender is near him and then runs onto it just to get past the player, or else has to just run through while trying to strongarm off their challenge which usually doesn't have success. If you watch Zelalem and think "right, this is an Arsenal player passing the ball" then you start to realise that. Wenger, Warburton and even the USA national team who have fast tracked him through their youth setup clearly see what he brings to the table, and i'm sure he is going to EPL level. I think that sometimes too it seems to happen often that when Law is on the edge of the box and the other team are camped in the box it happens quite often that he just passes the ball off of the opposition's legs which happens quite frequently, I think in those situations Zemy would have picked a better option or kept the ball until a better pass becomes available etc)

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's too wasteful, either with bad passing or taking the pace out of our game.

Sometimes he looks out his depth at this level with the match passing him by, but you can still see the raw talent.

He just needs to learn how to channel it productively in a team.

Today wasn't his first bad game and it's all very well MW saying that youngsters should be given a chance, but not when the rest of the team are all below par as well. That's probably why he was taken off, he's more consistently bad than the rest of them.

Hopefully he'll learn from it.