Zelalem

Jaffinoz

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same Tavernier who hasn't kicked a ball for 4 weeks at least. If you're going to talk pish at least keep it slightly sensible.

You shouldn't be so cheeky when you have absolutely no fucking point.

Tavernier not kicked a ball, FFS? He did more for the team, even just yesterday, than Zelalem has done all season.

Zelalem has barely contributed at all. Looked tidy in his first two or three appearances, but hasn't had any real positive effect.

At the moment, anyone who knows anything can see that Law is the more productive player in virtually every aspect; passing, tackling, shooting and beating players.

Some people are just blinded by the fact Zelalem's an Arsenal player and that Law was part of a bad team last year.

As I said in the match thread yesterday, the guys who are self proclaimed connoisseurs of football seem to rate Zelalem. Maybe its like the pretentious wankers that proclaim themselves wine connoisseurs, ...... a rich full bodied aroma with a hint of apple and cinnamon that lingers on the pallet and is sublime with a filet de mignon.

However, with footballers as with wine, I know what I like and couldn't care what the connoisseurs think... give me a bottle of Jacobs creek and send Zelalem back to Arsenal and play Nicky Law for the rest of the season

I had high hopes for this guy, but the more I see the less I am convinced. I thought his passing was something that would produce a lot of goals, but other than playing the simple obvious ball not a lot is coming from him.

Of course he's only eighteen and not the finished article but I don't see him forcing his way into,the Arsenal first team any time soon, like Jack Wheelchair did when he was a year younger.

I had high hopes for this guy, but the more I see the less I am convinced. I thought his passing was something that would produce a lot of goals, but other than playing the simple obvious ball not a lot is coming from him.

Of course he's only eighteen and not the finished article but I don't see him forcing his way into,the Arsenal first team any time soon, like Jack Wheelchair did when he was a year younger.

:D

I'm all for taking players on loan if they are great players, better than what we have. And, that we have a realistic possibility of signing them.

I just don't get why we had to go out and get Zelalem and try & (effectively) turn him into more of a player when we could have done this with the likes of Murdoch. This is the only criticism I have of Warburton's methods. Why do we spend so long enhancing players for other clubs when we really should be investing in our own youth team players? I just don't see how a 6 month stint for Zelalem is bringing us anything at all.

That said, he'll get my full support every time he pulls on a Rangers shirt.

I'm all for taking players on loan if they are great players, better than what we have. And, that we have a realistic possibility of signing them.

I just don't get why we had to go out and get Zelalem and try & (effectively) turn him into more of a player when we could have done this with the likes of Murdoch. This is the only criticism I have of Warburton's methods. Why do we spend so long enhancing players for other clubs when we really should be investing in our own youth team players? I just don't see how a 6 month stint for Zelalem is bringing us anything at all.

That said, he'll get my full support every time he pulls on a Rangers shirt.

He is a better footballer than Murdoch mate, and is already at a better level. I understand the point of view you have but Warburton is building a team to get us promoted and Zelalem for next to nothing is not a bad thing. If youth are good enough they will get a chance under MW.

He is a better footballer than Murdoch mate, and is already at a better level. I understand the point of view you have but Warburton is building a team to get us promoted and Zelalem for next to nothing is not a bad thing. If youth are good enough they will get a chance under MW.

We complained and rightly so about youth not getting an opportunity under the disaster that was McCostalot. Now we have a young lad,18, on loan who has a couple of debatable games and people are ready to consign him to the dustbin. Days of Rangers signing multi-million pound players on exorbitant wages are long gone.

While our academy now appears to have a footballing philosophy and a focused team the fans need to learn patience and not be so fukkin fickle. We may see a few more loan players at Ibrox in our first team over the next few seasons. Hopefully this will give our own youth a target to which they can aspire. At the moment we have loan players because our own youth are not at that level.

i used to complain about mccoist playing players off form because of whatever reason, i wont change my ways no matter if its a youth or warburton doing it

fact is zelalem hasnt played well for us since a while before he went to play for USA u23's, its unfair on other guys seeing this, the likes of shiels has shown up well in recent performances but behind zelalem all the time

We complained and rightly so about youth not getting an opportunity under the disaster that was McCostalot. Now we have a young lad,18, on loan who has a couple of debatable games and people are ready to consign him to the dustbin. Days of Rangers signing multi-million pound players on exorbitant wages are long gone.

While our academy now appears to have a footballing philosophy and a focused team the fans need to learn patience and not be so fukkin fickle. We may see a few more loan players at Ibrox in our first team over the next few seasons. Hopefully this will give our own youth a target to which they can aspire. At the moment we have loan players because our own youth are not at that level.

I know Murdoch isn't as good on the ball as Zelalem is, and I really was just using him as an example. (tu)

I think my point is though, we've now seen (and I think MW has too) that he isn't going to command games, and will probably only be used as a sub in the bigger games. I just don't see how that will benefit us in the long run. Again, using Murdoch as an example, with MW being a far superior coach to AM, SMcC & KMcD, wouldn't this be the right time, and would it not benefit us more to bring our own players off of the bench and give them the experience?

I'm just an impatient auld bastard though. :D

I know Murdoch isn't as good on the ball as Zelalem is, and I really was just using him as an example. (tu)

I think my point is though, we've now seen (and I think MW has too) that he isn't going to command games, and will probably only be used as a sub in the bigger games. I just don't see how that will benefit us in the long run. Again, using Murdoch as an example, with MW being a far superior coach to AM, SMcC & KMcD, wouldn't this be the right time, and would it not benefit us more to bring our own players off of the bench and give them the experience?

I'm just an impatient auld bastard though. :D

Surely though if he's that good a coach we should trust his judgement in terms of whether any youngsters are good enough or likely to improve enough?

sounds like he's made that judgement.

It wouldn't necessarily benefit us more to play our young guys anyway. If MW can show that he benefits these loan players and improves them, then it'll pretty much guarantee access to more loan players in the future. We won't have that resource otherwise. Having access to a loan market like that to be able to bring in 2 or 3 players a year could be great. Theoretically, we could get a better standard in future years when we get promoted and get into Europe. It would be short sighted to cut off that resource in favour of youngsters that are being played simply because they're youngsters, and don't end up making it. If they're good enough, by all means play them, but they have to be good enough.

I think Murdoch generally contributed more than Zelalem does.

I'm open to the idea of loans. As Inigo says, we could get benefits from such deals.

However, Zelalem hasn't brought that much to us. I can only remember one assist, among many underweighted passes.

Surely though if he's that good a coach we should trust his judgement in terms of whether any youngsters are good enough or likely to improve enough?

It wouldn't necessarily benefit us more to play our young guys anyway. If MW can show that he benefits these loan players and improves them, then it'll pretty much guarantee access to more loan players in the future. We won't have that resource otherwise. Having access to a loan market like that to be able to bring in 2 or 3 players a year could be great. Theoretically, we could get a better standard in future years when we get promoted and get into Europe. It would be short sighted to cut off that resource in favour of youngsters that are being played simply because they're youngsters, and don't end up making it. If they're good enough, by all means play them, but they have to be good enough.

Agree. We will probably get access to a level of player we cant afford to buy.

I also think that the level of our youth players will be higher in the near future. It takes time before all the changes pay off.

No, I agree with all you're saying mate. Maybe I'm just not putting my point across properly.

I just wonder why our own players will be given the chance to progress. Surely in the position we are financially, it would benefit us (as a selling club) to nurture our own players so that we can look to sell them on? It must be quite disheartening as a youth player on the finges of our first team to see us now bringing other youth players in.

MW is doing a great job, so I'm not ciriticising him as such.

P.S I've thought this about Zelalem for a few weeks, so it's not just a knee-jerk reaction to the Hivs result.(tu)